1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test Videos MEGA THREAD!!

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Pai_Garu, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    [ QUOTE ]
    wasted said:

that's actually one of my biggest gripes about Tekken, the awkward wake game when you are floored, probably the biggest turn off inTekken

[/ QUOTE ]

My gripe of Tekken is the bouncing characters (among other things)...

Why Sega? /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

2. THE_WALL

THE_WALL Well-Known Member

I'll agree with Phoenix that the Extreme bounce combos are ridiculous (especially if only certain characters have them). Lets hope they fix this for the home game version, by being able to take out stupid abilities (just like they did for street fighter no fireballs for example).

3. wasted

wasted Well-Known Member

4. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

This vid 2006-6-22_19_53_SHUN_vs_KAGE says it all. Before I held my tongue knowing me it's hard being a smurf but WTF b/c I do like the new wall hits even though they need some work depending on the hit & angle.

But WTF is w/ this double pounce shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Myke your KAGAY is even GAYER now I hope you're happy LESBIAN!

People who support the Pounce/Bounce = flaming broke back mountain GAY! Yes even you Saru!

5. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    So, now we know for sure that every character has bounce combos, yet their usefulness in different situation differs depending on char. There will be some changes before the final release, so please ppl.... Do not worry. No matter how much is VF going to be changed, it is still SEGA,and AM2, so have faith damnit !!! Have you all already forgotten how much good this Queen has given to her people!? (Sega to us /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif players). Let's just wait calmly those few weeks /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif Cheers...damnit ! /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

it looks like it could be infinite against a wall or something, since bounce doesnt seem to cause wallhit yet.

7. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    [ QUOTE ]
    PhoenixDth said:

it looks like it could be infinite against a wall or something, since bounce doesnt seem to cause wallhit yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

My vote is for "something."

It looks like fireballs will come out of my ass or something. Maybe I'll name myself Fubar or something. In fact, just because you've come up with something else possibly ludicrous and hardly provable at the moment, I hope I can infinite [4][3][P] you across 12 rings, or something.

Really, man... "Bounce stretches tiers... oh, wait, everyone has bounces... OK, uh, bounces might be infinite against walls."

BOOOO!!!

I look to your posts for info - not this speculative geegaw.

8. PhoenixDth

1st amendment does not say make plague happy at all times.

BOOOOO!!!

9. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    It's more to do with your use of it from time to time /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10. PhoenixDth

11. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Some of this virtua trampoline fighter crap is rediculous.

12. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    That's it? Welcome to the internet? From the guy with the brilliant OM diagram?

I was in agreement that only some characters had bounce. That theory was disproved with a solid explanation after you spent much posts arguing it's existence and possibly horrible consequences stemming from it. In less than 24 hours you formulate ANOTHER theory.

Of course, you are free to do so. It's the internet, man. "Everybody" does it. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I remember seeing the senbon video capped from Saturn VF2. I'd say that was an infinite. So I won't say VF has never had infinites so why would they exist in VF5. Now I know from Dave that bounces are hard to do, and I've seen two in a row on that Kage video. I'm willing to bet that if it was possible to do, say, six bounces in a row, I'd have already ready seen it. I figure there are enough skilled players that someone had taken up the challenge and would've recorded it had they been successful. Even if it requires accuracy to one frame, someone would've already done it.

13. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Ofc you can't do it infinite, would've been found by now, I think most Kages know about 3p slam and against walls etc - it's just to obvious to miss. In fact, the Kage player's double bounce made his TFT combo weaker then average ones.

/KiwE

14. PhoenixDth

temper temper
    [​IMG]

15. THE_WALL

THE_WALL Well-Known Member

We should keep everyone updated if Virtua Fighter 5 Arcade comes to there neck of the woods, outside of Japan and Hong Kong. Just say hey this is so and so from whereever and we have Virtua Fighter 5, and list how good it is (if it has the terminal or V. F. T.V.
    extras.)

16. Kapwan

Kapwan Member

Virtua Fighter 5 isn't being released outside of Japan for the arcade according to an interview with Sega AM2 President Hiroshi Kataoka on kikizo. It will probably be in the arcade only in asia, and possibly in other countries from import arcades(like arcade infinity) minus the vf.net

here is the article
    http://games.kikizo.com/features/sega_am2_vf5_videointerview.asp

17. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

New El Blaze vs Jeffry movie I think demonstrates the innovations of VF5. Since movelist came out today, we'll start seeing VF5 styled gameplay very soon.

18. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Jeh it's a cool video but I wonder how much of it is the Jeff player being a bit confused and attacking instead of throwing a lot as opposed to VF5 style gameplay :/

Hotdog's winpose in that flick is a riot btw ^___^

/KiwE

19. BodyMechanic

BodyMechanic Member

the game is looking great, they made a lot of improvements as opposed to true changes, but I think it's justified as VF4 had a really good engine to begin with. I know this is gonna sound random, but wolf is TALL ! also, are there any vids of akira's stage? I have yet to see his.

20. BodyMechanic

BodyMechanic Member