1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 on Avoiding the Puddle

Discussion in 'General' started by AlexMD, Jun 14, 2010.

1. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Did anybody else catch this podcast? Avoiding the Puddle

WARNING: Do not listen to this podcast if you get annoyed easily :p

VF is only discussed for a short while and It's obvious they have no idea. Having said that I have heard a lot of people bashing the animation in the new FS trailer, and I have to admit that the quality of some of the animation was a bit spotty to me.

Would be good If we could get a well known player to participate in one of these podcasts, try and clear up some of the misinformation. VF seems to be the only community that hasn't participated to any extent in any gaming podcasts.

If you feel angry after listening to this podcast then cool down with Itagaki's top 5 most hated games :p
    top 5 most hated games and they complain about VF recycling animation WTF? :p

2. FrakimusGrime

FrakimusGrime Well-Known Member

Lol this is coming from fans of another FG that been having stiff ass throw animations since its first incarnation. Not that im trying to shittalk tekken but theres things i hate about it like its wacky juggling, silly bounce properties and piss poor evade system. sidestep is almost useless in that game because so many moves can track it.

3. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

Just put 'em straight in the comments section, if that does anything... Or start up a VF podcast...

Honestly, every FG site bashes another... It just seems that now all of them are coming together and going all out on VF (SRK, TZ and TZ-clone sites). Meltybread and Dustloop are the only ones that don't say much...

4. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    I wish I took heed of your warning seriously but I had to hear it for myself...

OH MY GOD... [​IMG]

5. JackyB

JackyB Well-Known Member

A VF podcast would be awesome and what better time then now with VF5 FS coming out

6. jinxhand

The community should capitalize on the hype of FS even more than when vf5 first dropped. Making a Tekken to VF transition podcast would help alot of 'tekkenites' who were left with a sour taste in t6, and want something better other than sc4.

7. smb

smb Well-Known Member

I believe social ruin did a couple about a year and half ago to mixed reviews. I thot they were pretty funny, myself [​IMG]

8. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Mixed reviews? Everyone liked it as far as I remember [​IMG]

9. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

http://twitter.com/itsumobasho
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol Avoiding The Puddle bashing VF shows how little they know about the series.</div></div>
    From Reno's twitter.

Now for my take. If 6BR was decent at all then they'd be paying attention to that game and not trying to discredit VF. [​IMG]

10. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Sega should understand that they need tutorials in the game to tell these newbs about the game...

11. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

posted on it, please lets help them make virtual fighters better/

12. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Where does the animation seem spotty even in its pre build? These cats are nobody.Today Anybody can podcast whatever they want to get shock value. Shit we can podcast our own shit if we wanted to. characters are wearing Generic costumes and the animation got a major overhaul. Shame on you for even doubting the Creators and orginators of the 3-D fighting game. Every VF game that drops raises the bar graphically. Im speaking on behalf of VF and these dudes has no idea of what they talking about. Even if 30 of us was on the podcast and tried to clear shit up it'll be like Kicking astrophysics to a fucking Wino.

When they reach out to us we will respond... Until these Virtual unknowns get their weight and height up then they can warrant some one to speak on this. Gob Job AlexMD. Never heard of you before but you come here with a Tekken podcast that can't explain anything about VF lol!!!

13. jinxhand

I thought Aris whateverhislastnameis was some top player in SC2... Not saying that that holds merit, but its something right?? Supposedly he's the 'best' Dragunov in the states, but I haven't seen anything... But either way, every time cats from other sites do talk about VF, it's like Ozzy Osbourne reciting 'Triumph' by Wu-Tang. Shit is retarded...

But on a side-note, does it matter if the person holds weight??? I mean riots are started by nobodies, so if one person starts saying blah blah about VF, then the next person starts spitting garbage, next thing you know, you got a whole wasteland of posts. Kinda reminds me of doacentral's tekken bashing. You gotta admit though, hearing/reading about how VF is this and VF is that, and they know nothing about it does get very bothersome.

14. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    My advice to you all is to avoid the puddle of piss they're happily wallowing in, and put your energy toward something more productive.

Pai~Chun likes this.
  15. jinxhand

Yeah that's why I was suggesting posting up our own podcasts, not as a rebuttal, but more of a way to get people amped for FS and to understand the game better. Kinda like how the 'iamtekken' cats are doing, but minus the trivial bashing.

16. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

It does get bothersome i can't lie. But thats where our intelligence comes in. Like i said we can do own on podcast where we talk to a member of this site once a month and talk VF and oter things partain to fighters. That would be cool.

You know its bad when motherfuckers bypass VF5:R and start talking about FS. Last i checked VF5:R ver.B has about 40% animation overhaul?

17. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I havent watched this link cause I do get annoyed easily, but Ive seen this Aris guy in few tekken streams. Hes fired off silly remarks about VF in those before when he has been one of the commentators. Although its been under control in those.

Pai~Chun likes this.
  18. N1gh7mar3_Cuz

N1gh7mar3_Cuz Member

Haters... u can't do nothin but love 'em LOL

Haters will always hate! that's just how it is...
    if AM2 doing sumthin' good a namco fanboy gonna hate sooo...

Hating ass niggaz marry hating ass bitches, giving birth to hating ass kids that grow up to be hating ass mutha fuckaz Lmao!!

VF is the shit fuck wut any and everybody says bad about it.

I like Tekken and im no fanboy, i just enjoy playing fighting game cuz that's my genre. i play VF the most cuz it's a cold ass game i love to play but best believe when i get my xbox back (I just got a job Yes Sirrr!!) i'ma hit anybody up on this board for a match with urs truely (i played with ppl from UK, Japan, etc gray bars sumtimes and we still played good, i guess good netcode lol) and we chill and have fun.

i look forward to fighting u guys and i know y'all can't wait to fight me! i welcome all challenges!!

WHADDUP!!!

19. jinxhand

Word up!!!

20. jinxhand

What's even more jacked up is the fact that ewgf's animation stayed the same for every Mishima. Armor King's knock off ewgf was changed in TTT (and looked better imo), and then they reverted it back to the T2 animation!!! o_O