1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 on Avoiding the Puddle

Discussion in 'General' started by AlexMD, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Airegin

Airegin Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Airegin42
    XBL:
    Airegin42
    I feel like this is being blown out of proportion.

At WNF a lot of Tekken heads gave VF a shot to help support a game that honestly wasn't terribly popular. Then when there was a new Tekken to support, the same favor was not reciprocated. I'd be annoyed too, but hey you can see that the next week they're again going out of their way promoting Sega Cup on a Tekken stream for us. I can even say that there were a lot of Tekken people there at Sega Cup last year, and I enjoyed chatting with them.

Here's an example of a great group of guys doing what they can to help another scene. It's silly to call them out when they're only giving our game publicity.

Is the language a bit aggressive? Of course, that's the style of the show. But they're still giving us a shout out, and we should be thanking them for that.

2. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    Yup even though Aris dropped FS he at least gave it a try and gave sega cup the shoutout.

3. Macc

Macc Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SRKMacc
    XBL:
    Macc
    Airegin: You pretty much summed up exactly how I feel on this.

If the VF scene wants to gain more support, would it really be that hard to support other scenes as well? I am not saying you have to play the game for its entire lifespan, but at least entering a few locals or a major when it comes out is not too much to ask, is it?