1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 or Final Showdown

Discussion in 'Console' started by neo5238, Feb 27, 2013.

1. neo5238

neo5238 New Member

In a nutshell: What is the better choice? I am new to Virtua Fighter but love the Street Fighter series.

Is there anything missing in Final Showdown compared to Virtua Fighter 5? I mean, it is half the size. Which one would you get? I have heard Final Showdown is easier due to training mode?

Or just get both?

2. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    VF5 has a lot off offline stuff you can plug away at, but Final Showdown is the one most of us here are playing right now. If you really want an extensive in-game tutorial, pick up a copy of VF4Evolution off eBay for next to nothing.

Plenty of info on how to play FS and character specific guides right on this forum!

3. Ben_Lord_Dur

Ben_Lord_Dur Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Ben Lord Dur
    FS.
    1/ More characters.
    2/ More people to play with.
    3/ Latest evolution of the game and gameplay.

Explainations of the games are better here => the WIKI!!!
    If you have a double screen set up OR a tablet/smartphone you can browse the wiki and play FS on your console. :)

4. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Just get FS only man. If you can wait, get it between March 5th and March 11th when it's only 400msp. And if you like it enough, snatch up a, or both costume packs. You can do some pretty cool stuff with em. And you can't see other peoples costumes unless you have it for x character. Which kinda sucks. But, it's worth it if you like the game.

5. neo5238

neo5238 New Member

Yeah, the upcoming Deal of the Week and the current deal of Virtua Fighter 5 are the reason why I decided to try something new! :D

Sounds like waiting for FS seems like a good idea! But it took some time until I was able to compete with the players online even in Street Fighter IV although I played that series on SNES when I was a kid! So I am still not sure whether I would miss the offline stuff to get into the game!!
    I did expect somthing to be missing... Are these offline modes fun or not really worth it?

I gave my PS2 to my sister for Singstar. Guess I have to get it back then. ;) + I don't have an Arcade Stick for PS2...

6. IvorB

IvorB Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ivor_Biguns
    Final Showdown. Accept no substitute. Make sure to get the full phat version which comes with special sparring mode then you have your single player content right there. I believe this is heavily discounted on PSN.

7. Junsuina Chikara

Junsuina Chikara Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jun_Chikara
    XBL:
    LeprekaunTM
    It sort of depends on what you're looking for. In VF5, you had quest mode which was fun for a while but it just got a bit tedious where you begin to learn that in certain situations, the AI will ALWAYS do a particular move or a combo somehow always works against them when against a smart human opponent would block easily. Little things like that could get you into bad habits.

IMO, in current-gen terms (i.e.: Post VF4), VF5 is the more hardcore version of VF but FS is the most recent release and is what is generally played so if you're looking for a great SP experience, get VF5, if you'll mainly be playing online, get FS. Oh and I thought I should mention that the VF community being as small as it is, you will find ZERO players online in VF5. It's a sad fact but I've tried looking for games but never could get an opponent :( (XBL ports are open in my router settings) so if you're playing online, definitely get FS.

8. neo5238

neo5238 New Member

Btw how is the most VF5-player's abilities online? As it is said to be one of the most complex fighting games, if not "the", I expect some frustration! ;) But yes, I will get Final Showdown only and hope I will find fun in it!!

9. nou

nou Well-Known Member

ehhh...ther are good people, but you usually have to just go through rank or hit up Shout Box to coordinate with the good players. There are also new people signing up and looking for someone on their level.

10. GrandpaLoafers

GrandpaLoafers Well-Known Member

ARGH I just missed the VF5FS sale. :mad:

Anyone know when the next sale might be?

I suck at life. :oops:

11. nou

nou Well-Known Member

They don't announce sales until like a week in advance. I'm guessing after Thanksgiving would be the next one.

12. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    And for PSN, will the outfits ever be on sale again? It seems on the UK shop, you can buy the game complete for £20, or just barebones for a tenner, basically saving ten quid. Guess which option muggins here plumped for in a haste :rolleyes: argh, oh well, maybe just run a few individual outfits this time, see what happens down the line.

13. GrandpaLoafers

see you after thanksgiving! someone PM me if it goes on sale beforehand PLEASE

14. nou

nou Well-Known Member

you can just check the front page......

15. GrandpaLoafers

Anyone have any news about an upcoming sale for VF5FS?

16. GrandpaLoafers

17. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
  18. Sonnestark

Sonnestark Member

PSN:
    FieryAlepu
    I'll save some money for FS,it's not like I can get anyone to play with me VF5.

19. mahmood1982

mahmood1982 Well-Known Member

go with VF5

1 thing... QUEST MODE, its your play ground forever fun

20. DepressedHippie

DepressedHippie Active Member

No contest VF5 is vastly superior to final showdown. I would recommend Final Showdown if your really, really into vf. But fact of the matter is there is nothing to do in FS except get mowed down online by a grave yard community.

Edit: Damn this thread is old how did I get here?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014