1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 or Final Showdown

Discussion in 'Console' started by neo5238, Feb 27, 2013.

1. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    If you want a single player VF game VF5 is a pointless answer. Better to get VF4evo on PS2 as there is a ridiculous amount of content and an AI that will provide a stern challenge.

2. Sonnestark

Sonnestark Member

PSN:
    FieryAlepu
    Alright,I'll look into it.Although I don't think I've come across a VF title for the playstation 2 in any stores I've visited.Maybe I just haven't payed attention.
    A used version must be cheaper.

3. DepressedHippie

DepressedHippie Active Member

Hope you still have a CRT TV. Because the last generation of consoles looks really bad on HD TV's.

4. Sonnestark

Sonnestark Member

PSN:
    FieryAlepu
    I still play in a CRT TV,so I won't have any problem with ps2.

I just checked and only VF4 is available.Probably gonna have to purchase EVO on ebay.

5. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    VF5:
    - better graphics and effects
    - offline mode Quest
    - some very beautiful arenas (that are gone in VF5FS) and surfaces (snow, smog, water)
    - old classic Throw-escape system

VF5FS:
    - more characters
    - online mode and online community
    - some breakable walls stuff
    - new fighting mechanics: Side-turned, Yutori Throw-escape system

RESUME: BOTH games are unique, both games are very cheap now, both games need to have for any VFers