1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 R: Revision 1

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by akai, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

Goh is top tier, and everyone knows it. Ah yes, and Dural, and all other characters too!

2. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    I'm still trying to understand this.

Why wouldn't Sega want to let the fans know one way or the other
    whether VF 5 R is coming to the states. What is the advantage of keeping this a secret?

I can imagine that you would want to keep technology used, game engines and techniques used a secret. But why the announcement of availability of the game?

Most software companies broadcast the fact that a product is coming long B4 it comes out. Why is there so much secrecy (for some companies) when it comes to game announcements?

How does keeping console launches secret benefit sales in the long run?

Maybe I've lost one to many matches but I just don't understand.
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

3. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

What do you think happens to a games sales when the sequel is announced?

4. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    But I thought VF5 sales were really slow in the states. But I guess
    if the current release is selling good, the announcement of the sequel would cause problems. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

5. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Here are the main reasons I can think of.

They don't want to steal away from the Arcade's thunder by announcing the game will be out on console. They want sales to remain as high as possible for as long as possible in arcades, cause that's where their money is at currently.

They also want to distance the release of VF5:R from VF5 as much as they can to give it more of a sequel feel rather than an add-on feel. If it was announced that it was coming to console early on, some 'fans' would be more apt to demand a cheaper product or a DLC upgrade rather than be ok with paying the full price of a new game.

6. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

LOL! Awesome. Your the man, jide. Great hijack.

7. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

- Dezember 2008: R-Tuned (Sega, Board: Lindbergh)

This was listed on Gamefront under Japan arcade release dates. Is it VF related?

8. RORY

RORY Well-Known Member

XBL:
    RORORORORORO
  9. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

The name and arcade board had me confused.

That game looks good though.