1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown Feedback?

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Jun 4, 2021.

By Myke on Jun 4, 2021 at 10:40 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Now that the game has been out for a while, you've hopefully(!?) spent enough time playing it! We here at VFDC have an opportunity to pass on some feedback to SEGA, and to start things off we've got a stack of suggestions inside but we want to hear from you! What are you waiting for?

el blaze polygon.jpg

The following suggestions have been collated by @MadeManG74, @Jide and myself, but of course would love to hear what you think as well! What are you waiting for? Start sounding off NOWWWWW!!!!!

Ranked Match
    • The option to record in training mode while waiting for a match.
    • The ability to change dummy character without cancelling matchmaking.
    • Stage select.
    • Once you’ve successfully matched with someone:
      • to show if the opponent is using Wi-Fi or not
      • Region Icon when matched with someone
      • Option to change to Ping instead of connection bars.
    • To constantly show your connection to the opponent.
    • Region filter on matchmaking
    • Bonus points for completing the first to 2 set
    • An option to set the CPU to the last character you played vs after a ranked match
    • Be able to filter by any rank when searching
    Room Match
    • Invite friends/anyone to your own room.
    • Search rooms via username.
    • Once there are too many lobbies(20?), some lobbies will not show and the user has to search again.
    • Option to filter out locked rooms (can currently filter "for" locked rooms)
    • Option to filter by region
    • Option to filter for "Friend's Rooms only"
    • Ability to play multiple matches simultaneously when more than 3 (4?) players are in the lobby
    • (Infinite) Instant rematch possibility when only 2 players are in the lobby
    • Option to lock ranking + W/L, currently no option to play without losing/gaining points
    • Stage Select between matches in a set
    • Region Restriction on room creation as an option

Training
    Tutorial
    • Add Combo Training, above and beyond what's available in the built-in command list
    • Add tutorial to teach additional VF offensive and defensive strategies beyond the basic Tutorial
    • Add Trial Challenges for advanced techniques

Command Training
    • Bring back Time Attack with Leaderboards for command lists

Free Training
    • To change character without having to go back to the menu.
    • To change the stage without having to go back to the menu.
    • Show player lifebar to train perfect tech roll.
    • Ability to record/playback options after Guard or Wakeup
    • Online Training Mode - For experts to teach beginners VF.
    • Add option to map the training "Reset Position" function to another button (defaulted to R3)
    • In Playback mode, the "Reset Position" function doesn't work!
    • Extra options for positioning in the ring: parallel to the edge of the ring
    • Ability to save current position as the "Reset Position"

Offline Versus
    • Make Dural playable
    • Ability to save replays
    • Ability to undo character selection at the Character Select screen

Options
    • Ability to set music playlist according to VF version and stage
    • Mix and match UI, e.g. retro life bars with new UI

Miscellaneous
    • Rollback netcode
    • Connection strength indicators (bars) can be misleading
    • More Single Player content (ala Quest Mode)
    • Ability to search and view replays online
    • Ability to pause and frame advance forward/backward while watching replay
    • Additional character edit slots

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Brooklyn Bleek (THE-H8R)
      Brooklyn Bleek (THE-H8R)
      Everything has already been stated (Wi-Fi Indicator, Rollback, Invites, enhance mode options, etc...), so, my hope goes for this: *Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue in Virtua Fighter Ultimate Showdown as DLC* That is all and I thank you!
      faster 10 lightning likes this.
    2. Hobo-Jho
      Hobo-Jho
      I want adjustments made for the gameplay.

• Give everyone more health! Games end too quickly on both winning and losing ends.
      • Please give the grabs more priority! They are beaten out WAY too easily.
      • Add a parry system and or push block. New defense mechanisms are overall needed. Being rewarded frame advantage for timing certain attacks and fending off oncoming pressure seems the way to go.
      • Bahn from fighting Vipers.
      • A DOA character because they showed you love Sega!
      • A new character that does Boxing.
      • A new character that does Capoeira.
      • A new final boss. Dural sucks. Sorry Sega.
    3. Lazy_Punches
      Lazy_Punches
      Hope it isn't too late...

Training Mode - I think the option to have multiple displays active at once would be beneficial for new and old players alike.
      Sometimes I wish I could see my input data and the frame data at the same time. There are certain combos that have different frame outcomes depending on input timing of moves. It would also be great to see where you're messing up inputs and also know for certain if a combo was techable at any point, etc.
      It would also be invaluable for new players hoping to practice their follow ups and punishes based on frame advantage, especially for those only now learning to navigate 2P vs Mids, and Fuzzy Guards. (Thinking of scenarios like "Why can't I land this move? It says I have frame advantage! Oh, I'm inputting the move 4 frames late/I'm inputting the attack too early and using the wrong move by mistake.")
      Hobo-Jho likes this.
    4. erdraug
      erdraug
      The factory default for the training dummy needs to be "perfect techroll" and "fastest unstagger". The first attempt to change either should be accompanied by a message saying something along the lines of "More attacks will connect on the target but your combo will no longer be guaranteed - are you SURE you want to change this setting?"

In the past this didn't use to be a problem but, now, new players will fight the training dummy while waiting to play online. They will try to combo while waiting for an opponent to connect, and they will manage to connect moves against the training dummy in its "do not techroll", "do not unstagger" default settings. Then they will enter a real match - and all of a sudden none of the combos they just practiced works anymore because the human opponent is tech-rolling and unstaggering!

Now imagine the frustration of a casual gamer! A couple of matches of this and they will just give up and move to another game. Wouldn't you? If you input something, get a response then try to do it again a minute later and get another response, you'd think the game is broken!

Besides the frustration, this reinforces bad habits for those who decides to stick around. (The reason I am posting this is that) I just searched youtube for any new Vanessa vids to populate the Vanessa resources landing page; I found a couple of new "combo" videos but there are hardly any actual combos in them! Most have techrollable low kicks and slow stagger followups.

Now imagine again the situation for a new player: picks up the game [6_] faces the frustration of the training dummy/real player disparity [6_] somehow decides to not quit immediately [6_] instead goes to youtube (remember, they could be playing something else! they are enthusiastic about the game) and searches for some tips on how to combo with their character [6_] finds a video for another new player also very enthusiastic about the game (but who kept the factory default "no techrolling, no unstaggering" settings) [6_] goes to training mode and actually spends precious time to train the combos showcased in the vid they found (i have to stress this again: they could actually be playing another game instead of doing "work") [6_] after being satisfied in their training, they head on back to online play [6_] in their matches vs real opponents the combos fail, again. So they have gone from enthusiasm, to frustration to major disappointment.

Only a minority of these players (remember, they are just a fraction of the previous set of frustrated players) will give the game a 3rd chance and start googling for more info, find VFdc/a discord server and snoop/ask around. The majority will give up with a sour taste in their mouth. They will actively dislike VF from now on; collectively, these disappointed players will once again rekindle the rumour that VF is an obtuse and difficult game.

In the west at least; I understand that in Japan the scene is bigger and the average player will have someone sitting next to them in the arcades to explain this basic stuff to them - but the trainigng mode is for the console release!

Sorry for the wall of text, I guess I somehow got frustrated myself. I realize I might be presenting things in an overly dramatic fashion - but on the other hand I am not asking for some VF4evo training mode level of complexity, just to set the training dummy defaults to replicate realistic conditions! Two minutes of coding to change the default parameter, and add a window that pops up and says "Are you sure you want to set the training dummy to not techroll? More attacks will connect on the ground but you must realize that the combo is no longer guaranteed" - for such a potentially big impact? I think it's worth it.
      Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    5. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      See !

I have the same problem with this game.

My brand new stick (Playstation Daija full sanwa for PS4) works fine for ~ 1-2 hours, then after that it starts having error input with the 2 3 6 9 directions.
      Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    6. Mech
      Mech
      It's a good thing I'm a delay netcode enthusiast because otherwise this netcode wouldn't be able to Absorb all the salt.
    7. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      Other missing feature in Offline Versus:

-customized buttons are not saved for Player 2.

this together with being unable to use different PS4 profiles (to load personal costumes, righ now both Player 1 and Player 2 are limited to use Player 1 costumes) is really annoying.
      Sonic The Fighters likes this.
    8. King9999
      King9999
      One more suggestion from me: the game should not auto-accept matches when you're not around.
      Sonic The Fighters likes this.
    9. Zaibatsu
      Zaibatsu
      This game needs also a review of localization errors, or at least the possibility to select a different language different from what set in PS4 system settings with a specific option.
    10. Chill
      Chill
      One weird thing I've noticed regarding the training mode reset of character positions. As has been mentioned the reset is hard-coded to the L3 button, and you can't use L3 to reset position during the playback of a recording.

But if your controller has a Select button, you can use Select to reset only during the playback of a recording. Must be the old code in there that they forgot to change...
      MadeManG74 likes this.
    11. akai
      akai
      Small bug - player record on stages played: Genesis stage always at 0%.
    12. jimi Claymore
      jimi Claymore
      You can get banned from Room Mathches if you have too much DCs in games
      I hope they remove this.
    13. SSfox
      SSfox
      I haven't mess around much with rooms until today, welp that's quite a mess overall tbh, you can't choose region, you click on a 4 bars and then you found out it's 3, 2 or 1 bars. And all the blue locks rooms are like WTF, just make option private like every fighting game, so when someone go search those 36 rooms with blue locks won't appear.
      Acid and MadeManG74 like this.
    14. SUGATA
      SUGATA
      2 another important requests to SEGA/AM2:

1) Add Players met (Played together) PSN feature usage - so, we could find players we meet in VF5US easily in PSN XMB menu.

2) Add ability to turn ON Frame data display while as Spectator or watching current Fight while waiting your turn in a Rooms- for Rooms and main menu TV window. This allows to learn the game and opponents matchups in real time while watching. Very useful and confrotable.
    15. Ares-olimpico
      Ares-olimpico
      The ability to watch fights during "searching opponents" and a complex training mode.
    16. masterpo
      masterpo
      The ability to save and view player profiles in VS modes and Single Player modes

The ability to save replays in offline modes (VS mode and Single Player)

Quest Mode, & Kumite Mode (with Single Player Ranks)

Win/Loss Ratios and Ranks for AI in Single Player Modes

Tournament Mode
      for Single Player and VS Mode with:

• player vs player
      • player vs cpu
      • cpu vs cpu
      Screen Settings Option: To Turn Hit Effects OFF

Demonstrations(Animations) for all character moves in command training

Offline VS Battle Modes
      that were in VF4EVO

Normal -- Regular
      Knock Down -- Take more damage when knocked down
      Iron -- 1000 health , 1 round, no time limit
      Contest -- Opponents Bounce Longer
      Maniac -- Mid Air combos do more damage
      Survival -- Health carries over to next round
      Wrestlers -- Throws do more damage
      Wall -- Take extra wall damage
      SeeSaw -- Recover Health by damaging opponent
      Counter -- Counter hits cause extra damage
      Ultimate -- All hits cause extra damage
      Hyper -- Create your own combos
      Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
      SUGATA and faster 10 lightning like this.
    17. SUGATA
      SUGATA
      Wrote on Aoki twitter:
      "Add plz the SAVE REPLAY feature+ability to turn on Frame data during Replay+frame-by-frame FWD/BWD controls in replays like in VF4E. This is important for cybersport analysis for new and pro players to learn the game! Add Played together PSN. Frame data display while as Spectator "

Myke, are we going to send the Part 2 Wish list (added the last time) to SEGA/AM2? Which way? or is it better to create a new thread "Part 2 newly added wish list"?
    18. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      honestly I'm losing hope, there are a lot to be added and fixed worth a new game alone, and even with the huge success of VF5US, I don't see them doing anything apart fixing some simple online issues :(

Probably we should organize in a better way, since I doubt AM2 and RGG Studio has any contact email.
      Maybe posting ors wishlist on their official twitter ( @vf_official @aokyseizy etc. ) and then like and retweet it (to show there is a demand for those features) could help, as long st least all VFDC like those twitter posts.
      SUGATA likes this.
    19. SUGATA
      SUGATA
      Which way was send to SEGA the first part of wishlist/feedback ?
    20. def
      def
      Does anyone have any clue when we can expect more content such as more of missing customization items from Final Showdown?