1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VIrtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown - Netcode

Discussion in 'General' started by Shensun, May 31, 2021.

1. Jotamide

Jotamide Well-Known Member

I have no words. They deliberately sabotaged this game's online even if Sega of America told them delay-based was not gonna cut it.

SSfox likes this.
  2. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

Interesting, nice to see that Sega US also push for rollback

3. smbhax

smbhax Well-Known Member

PSN:
    smbhax
    They didn't make the game for America.

Tainted GENE likes this.
  4. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

Sega is way too late when it comes to online gaming, they need to step it up if they want to stand a chance with modern fighting games.

5. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Roll back netcode is good, but.......you still need a good connection for it to work properly, and have stable matches. Just like normal online game netcode, a strong stable internet connection signal, is still the main key here.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  6. complexz

complexz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mistercomplexz
    Nobody thinks rollback is magic... it's just FAR FAR BETTER

7. OniwabanCL

OniwabanCL Member

in my own experience playing ranked mode, the online is waaaaaay better than soul calibur 6, for example.
    I've had different connections but in overall the netcode is great. I know, it's not perfect and needs a lot of work but right now is stable

8. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

In a certain sense, yes it is, but there are a few odd drawbacks to it, that gamers and roll back netcode hype men on youtube, literally don't talk about.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  9. complexz

complexz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mistercomplexz
    what are some of the drawbacks?

Honestly the only advantage to delay based I can see is rollback looks glitchier in a terrible connection, But even then with the weird stutter the game is far more playable than it would be in delay. That's not a advantage from my perspective as a player but I can see how a game company suit might be against something looking glitchy.

10. Jotamide

Jotamide Well-Known Member