1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown Trailer

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, May 25, 2021.

By Myke on May 25, 2021 at 9:05 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Just when you thought it was safe knowing there was some kind of announcement happening on the 27th of May, followed by a couple of leaks that VF5US would be available for free via PlayStation Plus, IGN goes ahead and finishes off the 1-2 combination with an absolute uppercut of a trailer! Wait are you waiting for! Go watch it now!

More information here:
    https://www.ign.com/articles/virtua-fighter-5-remake-announcement-news

Highlights from article:
    • New background music for every stage
    • New user interface
    • New opening cinematic
    • New lighting and shaders using RGG's Dragon Engine
    • Spectate online matches in real-time
    • Ability to build robin-robin style online tournaments
    • The private and public lobby system will support up to 16 players
    • Include new communications tools like stamps

Release Information
    Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown will be available free on PlayStation Plus for the months of June and July, and also available on PlayStation Now in June.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    Tiripsem, Meison, nou and 20 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, May 25, 2021.

1. BeastEG
      BeastEG
      They may alter frame data since new animations might cause some things that need to be adjusted is the only thing I think of but I don't think they will do much else balance wise?
    2. Superspacehero
      Superspacehero
      The new videos look much better. The first trailer was an early build where akiras nose looked funny. In the latest trailers, akiras nose looks normal. The lightning is also improved in the later trailers where the game looked too dark in the early builds

Better graphics: more detail and overall better faces, and 1080p
      Good chance for a better netcode.
      Spectator mode
      Perhaps new improved AI?
      Customize packs
      Sparked interest with more players going to play now.

Minor drawbacks:
      flash hits: you will forget it after a few hours of playing
      UI: very simple, but not something you will recognize

Im totally fine for the game being same, as i already like it and dont see it as a bad thing that they didnt choose to change anything.
      Sonic The Fighters likes this.
    3. smbhax
      smbhax
      At 19:31, while showing the customization (yay!), the announcer says "download-o contents"; a few seconds later it goes on to show the "Legendary Pack" VF1-style skins as well:

Is it made clear in the Japanese text or voiceover there whether customization and the VF1 skins are separate DLC, or whether they're both included in the Legendary Pack? The Legendary Pack is $10 if bought on its own, or included in the $30 price if you pay for the game, according to Destructoid: https://www.destructoid.com/stories...es-the-roster-back-to-the-blocks-630442.phtml , but Destructoid does *not* mention any customization.

Also, Destructoid's phrasing is "Once the title leaves PS+. it will retail for $30, which includes the Legendary Pack," which makes it sound like someone without PS+ won't be able to get the game until it goes off PS+, on August 2nd. But the official trailer just says "Available 6.01.2021" with no mention of PS+, and the official site says "Available June 1, 2021 / Free for PlayStation®Plus Members and PlayStation®Now Members," so I wonder if this "once the title leaves PS+" thing is a misinterpretation; there is no official source that says it is a PS+ *exclusive* for two months; the official sources make it sound like you can get the game on June 1st whether or not you have PS+.

(Destructoid gets the arcade release date wrong; they say June 6th, but the Japanese trailer says June 2nd: https://youtu.be/VvyXibMXuDA?t=154 . Destructoid may have gotten confused and misread the "6" for June twice or something. Anyway this makes me suspect even more that their "once the title leaves PS+" phrasing is inaccurate.)

The official site https://virtuafighter5us.sega.com/lang/en.html hasn't been updated with this stuff yet. (Also, just noticed the official site's Twitter link at the bottom goes to https://twitter.com/segaofamerica , not updated since 2018, rather than the current https://twitter.com/SEGA . : p)

At 19:34 in the video, behind the "Stamps" UI you can see a little of the MAIN MENU screen: RANKED is large in the upper left, and ARCADE is smaller, in the lower right.
      Last edited: May 27, 2021
    4. SSfox
      SSfox
      I would like some clarity about the DLC that are gonna be available day one, content? price? ect
      beanboy, Zekiel and smbhax like this.
    5. smbhax
      smbhax
      You can remap your buttons on the character select screen:

The katakana instructions on the character select screen I think say the controls are accessed via the touchpad, and costumes (probably just toggling between Type A and Type B regular and alternate costumes?) with Option.

The uneven framerate in the streamed video (it goes up to 60 fps, but there are numerous frame drops, at least for me--pretty sure this is just their stream and/or my YouTube playback, rather than the game itself) is making the flashy round intro text and the hit sparks a little more jarring than they probably are at a smooth 60 fps.
    6. smbhax
      smbhax
      If you don't have PS+, it's $30 for the game, which includes the "Legendary Pack," which according to Destructoid has the VF1 models and UI. If bought on its own (it isn't free on PS+), the Legendary Pack is $10.

The Japanese stream @ 19:31 shows character customization while saying "download-o content," but I haven't seen confirmation of that in English, or a date; they show the VF1 models immediately after that, so it isn't clear (maybe in Japanese?) whether customization and VF1 stuff are together or separate DLC.

Destructoid says https://www.destructoid.com/stories...es-the-roster-back-to-the-blocks-630442.phtml "The "Legendary Pack", which will launch alongside Ultimate Showdown on June 1," so the VF1 at least stuff will be day one, it sounds like.
      SSfox likes this.
    7. SSfox
      SSfox
      Thanks. I have ps+ but i wonder if the ps+ version will have some cut content or cosmetic compare to the one that will be for purshase. I'm personally not that interested in VF1 skins, but i will be interested in customization and costumes if there will be DLCs around those.
    8. smbhax
      smbhax
      Virtua Fighter eSports PREMIUM MUSIC COLLECTION (two-disc CD pack, available in Japan 6/24, disc 1 is VFes, disc 2 is VF1):

Some kind of Akira "action figure" (according to my phone's Google translate app) coming to Japan in mid-December (1:08:07).
    9. segasonic
      segasonic
      Sega doing DLC for polygon character skins..... Sega bring us DLC for STAGES, so we can play VF5, VF5R, and VF5:FS stage color backgrounds!!
      beanboy and Zekiel like this.
    10. smbhax
      smbhax
      Trailers played during the live stream, the first two are at a proper 60 fps : ) :

Modes, DLC:

Characters:

Japanese eSports season:

Shinobi, Tha_FeauchA, Zekiel and 2 others like this.
    11. Superspacehero
      Superspacehero
      So there is inbuilt automatic online tournmament play mode. That is great.
      Sonic The Fighters likes this.
    12. Cheribam_J
      Cheribam_J
      So, I had cancelled by PS+ membership, but it's still going until August.
      If I get the game for free early June, will have to pay for it once my PS+ membership is over?
      Will this impact my saves in any way?
    13. VF2011
      VF2011
      You will have to buy it once your ps+ expires, but without ps+ you also can't play online.

The saves will be unaffected and you can continue using the same save file.
      Zekiel, smbhax and Cheribam_J like this.
    14. Cheribam_J
      Cheribam_J
      Totally forgot you can't play online for free now... Meh, I'll probably renew it, then... :'(
    15. VF2011
      VF2011
      Try and wait a bit before renewing. Sony often has sales on ps+ around E3 so you might be able to get a good deal in the next few weeks.
      beanboy, Zekiel, smbhax and 1 other person like this.
    16. Cheribam_J
      Cheribam_J
      Oh, cool! Thank you very much for the tip!
    17. VF2011
      VF2011
      beanboy, Emptyeyes, Zekiel and 2 others like this.
    18. Happy_Friend
      Happy_Friend
      What up, Nerdz!?!

Even though I don't like Final Showdown's changes to the series, I am excited about this. It is not going to help me get stuff done this summer. :cry:
      beanboy, KrsJin and Zekiel like this.
    19. SDS_Overfiend1
      SDS_Overfiend1
      Yes.. I just saw the trailer and it looks good. Looks like a graphical leap from a PS3 to a PS4 game which like 2 years after FS dropped. While I’m happy there is a new VF.. in the back of my mind..... The people who didn’t play it then WONT PLAY IT NOW despite the lip service and The people who quit cause they couldn’t adapt to the new system aint coming back since it’s the same game. I just wish this was a “Ultimate Showdown” for real. Few new moves, tweaked animations, Darker more violent tone. People will give it a try cause it’s free.... Get worked out by vets.. See that you can’t just plug and play victories then go back to their favorite commercial fighting game they can compete in. Sega was supposed to do more. But this is Sega. So I’ll just be satisfied with This.
      Last edited: May 28, 2021
      Emptyeyes, beanboy, gido and 2 others like this.
    20. nou
      nou
      "in addition to the features they didn't have ready for launch (open tournaments, team battle, etc), they also want to try and respond to user feedback after launch (ROLLBACK TELL THEM YOU WANT ROLLBACK), as well as recreate & increase the number of customisation items available "

Saw that from this twitter thread, translating the latest famitsu article about VF esports/US.

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1398168477861437441?s=20

Sending constructive criticism through the various twitter profiles is always a plus. This community convinced Sega to port FS to consoles 10 years ago, so hopefully they take notice. Still excited to play this!