1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown Trailer

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, May 25, 2021.

By Myke on May 25, 2021 at 9:05 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Just when you thought it was safe knowing there was some kind of announcement happening on the 27th of May, followed by a couple of leaks that VF5US would be available for free via PlayStation Plus, IGN goes ahead and finishes off the 1-2 combination with an absolute uppercut of a trailer! Wait are you waiting for! Go watch it now!

More information here:
    https://www.ign.com/articles/virtua-fighter-5-remake-announcement-news

Highlights from article:
    • New background music for every stage
    • New user interface
    • New opening cinematic
    • New lighting and shaders using RGG's Dragon Engine
    • Spectate online matches in real-time
    • Ability to build robin-robin style online tournaments
    • The private and public lobby system will support up to 16 players
    • Include new communications tools like stamps

Release Information
    Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown will be available free on PlayStation Plus for the months of June and July, and also available on PlayStation Now in June.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    Tiripsem, Meison, nou and 20 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, May 25, 2021.

1. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      It's unfortunate that VF5US doesn't get rollback. But Tekken has not rollback, SoulCalibur has not rollback, Dead or Alive has not rollback...

And i remember that VF5FS was a better online experience than all of them.

When you have a 3 bars wired (and good) connection in the same country or the same continent, this online can be perfectly fine and enjoyable.

People have to stop with the legend that if the game has rollback you can easily play against players from all around the world. It's completely wrong. In Killer Instinct or Mortal Kombat 11 (this game have excellent rollback netcodes), when the player was too far (different continent) or if the ping was around 200ping, a lot of matches were bad or awful.

Maybe online can be a bit better or easier with rollback, but that will stay same country or same continent again for the most part, and you will still need a good wired connection.
      Last edited: May 28, 2021
      beanboy and Carlos Lenz like this.
    2. SSfox
      SSfox
      In case netcode end up being not solid we should all go spam the word Rollback to all Sega social accounts if VF players want to have the online quality the game deserves.

That being said hopefully the netcode gonna be solide since day one.
      Zekiel and Sonic The Fighters like this.
    3. JackymusPrime
      JackymusPrime

Tekken has had rollback since the beginning of the 4th season. SC and DOA actually prioritize online play.
    4. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      I hope Tekken 7 "rollback since Season 4" is not fake and good now, cause oh boy this online was terrible...
      beanboy and Zekiel like this.
    5. JackymusPrime
    6. SSfox
      SSfox
      Harada claim T7 uses rollback, but it's not quite sure it's using it, eitherwway T7 netcode isn't the example of solid netcode, if you want to have good taste of solid rollback you should try test MK11 and GG strive, specially the latest.

Meanwhile maybe it's harder to make for 3D games than 2D, 3D FGs are usually more complexe.
      Sonic The Fighters and Zekiel like this.
    7. Ali
      Ali
      It took NRS forever to finally get netcodes right. MK11's is amazing.
      Zekiel and Sonic The Fighters like this.
    8. SSfox
      SSfox
      Sonic The Fighters likes this.
    9. Shoju
      Shoju
      Did anyone who played VF5FS online on PS3 and 360 find it noticeably better on 360? I only ever played it on PS3 and it wasn't that great. It was worse online than Tekken 7, SC6 and SFV. When I asked Homestay Akira on one of his streams he said that VF5FS on 360 was better online.
      SSfox likes this.
    10. Zekiel
      Zekiel
      When I played it years ago the online was better then tekken 7 and SC6 in PS3.

The lack of players with delay slows things down if it's farther out connectivity
      SSfox likes this.
    11. SSfox
      SSfox
      Never played online on PS3 so can't say if it was better but it was pretty good on Xbox360, but unfortunately also very empty, after first month i could barely find anyone, there were more players on ps3 from what i heard from many people.
    12. SSfox
      SSfox
      I feel that VF5FS on 360 was better in online than Tekken 7 PS4 at launch, and maybe even Tekken 7 PS4 of today.

For SC6 it's weird, the first week it was running quite good and then i dunno why it started to become slowly laggy day after day.
      Zekiel likes this.
    13. charleypk222
      charleypk222
      i always have a great time playing with vf5fs online my best oline fighting game for sure , so much better compare sf5, dbfz,samurai shodown. kof14 , or mortal kombat x and tekken 7 , sure now mkx and tekken7 have some update but day 1 these game use to be a painful online experience, also i never play on wifi , always cable
      SDS_Overfiend1 likes this.
    14. SSfox
      SSfox
      Maximillian has the game (Sega sent him a code) and he's gonna stream the game later (i hope he will show Shun customization HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH), there is interesting infos of what the base game include, seems like it include some customization but not all that were in FS, maybe they sell the rest via DLC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DdKqQXLNRo
      beanboy and TexasLion like this.
    15. Cheribam_J
      Cheribam_J
      I must say I'm extremely disappointed regarding the characters only keeping their A, B, C costumes. I understand they're recreating them from zero, according to them, but still.

Not only were costumes D and E my favorites for quite a few characters, but the S costumes allowed for some very varied customizations. Too bad they're throwing all that out. Really.

Also, the customization mode seems to be as limited as VF5 vanilla, which is quite a huge downgrade from FS, where you could really make unique and creative stuff.
    16. leftylizard
      leftylizard
      I heard a rumor this is a timed exclusive.Hope so cause I won't be playing it otherwise.
    17. Carlos Lenz
      Carlos Lenz
      I would really prefer a PC version,
      Can you tell where you heard the rumor?

I would really prefer a PC version, but at this point I'm considering buying an used PS4...
    18. FlawedFists
      FlawedFists
      I can't help but feel that something about ultimate showdown Looks off. I really dislike how Vanessa and the rest of the cast look in this game. I also prefer some of the older looks of the stages. I honestly wish Sega just ported the original to modern consoles and PC with decent online. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but the updated graphics with dragon engine make it really hard to look at this game, at least for me.
      Last edited: May 28, 2021
      beanboy likes this.
    19. nou
      nou
      @RGGSTUDIO

Is where you want to tweet about rollback, since they said they are taking feedback. Their other social channels are their too, but this was specifically mentioned, so I just wanted to reiterate.

Aoi's new stage theme has been going through my head all day. I'm more than ready.
      Sonic The Fighters likes this.
    20. charleypk222
      charleypk222
      i watch max stream and take a few screenshot

and here what i think

the graphic are a overall upgrade

the stage look great

the character in fighting mode or combat look also great

but have some issue with some character in victory pose where is got some close up

i hope the developer will make a update down the road and patch some face

here you have lion from fs and the new lion 1080p ultimate vs 720p [​IMG]fs [​IMG]

i hope this type of issue will be fix later , thank you

Attached Files:

• 3.jpeg
        3.jpeg
        File size:
        411.9 KB
        Views:
      • 4.jpeg
        4.jpeg
        File size:
        583.2 KB
        Views:
      Last edited: May 29, 2021
      smbhax, Zekiel, Gibon and 2 others like this.