1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown Trailer

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, May 25, 2021.

By Myke on May 25, 2021 at 9:05 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Just when you thought it was safe knowing there was some kind of announcement happening on the 27th of May, followed by a couple of leaks that VF5US would be available for free via PlayStation Plus, IGN goes ahead and finishes off the 1-2 combination with an absolute uppercut of a trailer! Wait are you waiting for! Go watch it now!

More information here:
    https://www.ign.com/articles/virtua-fighter-5-remake-announcement-news

Highlights from article:
    • New background music for every stage
    • New user interface
    • New opening cinematic
    • New lighting and shaders using RGG's Dragon Engine
    • Spectate online matches in real-time
    • Ability to build robin-robin style online tournaments
    • The private and public lobby system will support up to 16 players
    • Include new communications tools like stamps

Release Information
    Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown will be available free on PlayStation Plus for the months of June and July, and also available on PlayStation Now in June.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    Tiripsem, Meison, nou and 20 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, May 25, 2021.

1. Gibon
      Gibon
      The new faces are godawful. They really look like NPCs from the Yakuza games, which is bad for VF since caricatures like that don't fit the game.
      Last edited: May 29, 2021
      beanboy and -nero- like this.
    2. masterpo
      masterpo
      Where's the news on the offline content?

If this is a graphical update of VF5FS will it have sparring mode, license mode, challenge mode etc?

Is there an offline tournament mode?

Is the Dojo the same?

Or has AM2 taken out offline features?
    3. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      It seems there are some characters that need some tweaks during the victory pose.

Also some characters have problems with hair and a lot of aliasing, maybe because PS4 limitation.

This game will need a next gen update for the new consoles and PC.
      charleypk222 likes this.
    4. Gibon
      Gibon
      There are various issues with the graphics, but most of them aren't that important. However, the badly modeled faces are a big issue, and it's obvious that's because the Yakuza team has a very specific way of doing it. It's not a hardware problem. PS4 obviously destroys the old Lindbergh hardware. This is simply a matter of doing it wrong by the Yakuza studio.
    5. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      I'm almost sure we won't see that amont of aliasing to the hair with a next gen patch.

The PS4 is more powerful than the Lindbergh or the PS360, but it's still an 8 years old hardware.
    6. Gibon
      Gibon
      I understand and agree about the slight technical backdraws of the PS4 hardware, but honestly, it's something easy to change on PS5 and PC. It's great they are releasing it for PS4 first because most people still own that console, not PS5.

The only thing which troubles me graphics-wise are those godawful faces because that's not easy to change. SEGA would have to hire somebody else to redo the faces. The Yakuza team seems stuck with this particular comedy style. It's really jarring in a VF game.
    7. charleypk222
      charleypk222
      not every character look bad but
      i think the worst is shun di

Attached Files:

• 3.jpeg
        3.jpeg
        File size:
        210.1 KB
        Views:
      • 4.jpeg
        4.jpeg
        File size:
        369.9 KB
        Views:
      smbhax and beanboy like this.
    8. Gibon
      Gibon
      I think Akira, Sarah, Lion, Jean and Aoi have absurdly bad faces in VF5US, especially on close-ups.
      Zekiel likes this.
    9. charleypk222
      charleypk222
      i think you have 3 categories there
      some character are ok
      other need minor fix on close-ups

and 2 character need some major fix

in my opinion shun di is the worst of the game

sure to have a pc version someone will fix this very quick ,

from playstation, idk sega will fix this, because i can not believe anyone in sega never see this already, so why saga dont take the time to fix before release ??? no more money and time for development?, i hope sega fix this because this dont look good for the future of vf 6 , i have some concern
    10. Gibon
      Gibon
      It's the Yakuza team, not SEGA as a whole. I'm sure the AM2 oldtimers see that the characters are off, but it's the Yakuza team who pulls more weight at SEGA, and it seems the Yakuza devs actually like these caricatural faces.
      Zekiel and charleypk222 like this.
    11. charleypk222
      charleypk222
      i see thank for the info , i make a little test , i show both picture of lion and shun di to a elder personne of 77 year old , and she answer me 1 picture the character look good , and the other picture she say the color look beautiful but she like more the character of the first picture, i guess that say everything
      Gibon likes this.
    12. smbhax
      smbhax
      According to the game's producer, it was intended to be part of Sega's 60th Anniversary project. The anniversary is next week, on the 3rd. So they had to have it done by then. They started in February 2020, and the short schedule was made more difficult by the coronavirus pandemic, which caused some delays during development.
    13. SHIZNICKMASTA
      SHIZNICKMASTA
      Maybe I just have poor eyesight or something but watching Maxamillion's stream on youtube I was quite blown away by how good this game looks and thought the graphics really pooped out. It looks better than the latest versions of tekken and Soul Caliber to me which is astonishing as remake of a 15 year old game. I don't know how some of you guys can just keep complaining about everything.
      Zekiel, Junosynth and Carlos Lenz like this.
    14. Junosynth
      Junosynth
      Yeah I'm watching the Max Twitch stream right now and man the game looks very colorful and nice! It looks beautiful!
      SSfox likes this.
    15. masterpo
      masterpo
      The visuals in my opinion are absolutely stunning:) Classic VF gorgeous.
      beanboy and SSfox like this.
    16. charleypk222
      charleypk222
      i need your opinion on this what you think ?

consider 1 is on 1080p and the other one is from a old video

idk but for me this a bit worst of the hit spark and ask more work compare a on and off option

Attached Files:

masterpo likes this.
    17. masterpo
      masterpo
      TBH mate, the older one looks better to meo_O
      SSfox likes this.
    18. DepressedHippie
      DepressedHippie
      SOOOOoooo we are releasing a stripped down version of Final Showdown which was the stripped down version of VF 5 online, and we are expecting this game to change the fortunes of VF ....how exactly? Final Showdown killed this franchise why are we releasing it again?!?
      Now to be fair, if this was Sega just trying to make it easier for people to play at tournaments and what not, then fair play to them....but then why isn't it on the ps5 as well?

*note: Okay I marked out when I saw the retro skins, your still not getting my money Sega, but that was pretty cool.
      beanboy and Emptyeyes like this.
    19. Emptyeyes
      Emptyeyes
      Off topic, however, nice username. From a hipster, I do become very bored of the same thing, which is why I primarily stay with one genre, and search for obscurity every once a while. I expect and things to remain the same, because I've played them all.

I don't necessary like a tone down remaster, remake, or a new iteration. I still find it better than just discontinuing the series.
    20. Gibon
      Gibon
      You can play it on PS5 via backward compatibility. The PS4 port is actually their best idea. Most people still don't have a PS5. Hardware elitism is the last thing the VF series needs.
      Sonic The Fighters, Zekiel and SSfox like this.