1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown Trailer

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, May 25, 2021.

By Myke on May 25, 2021 at 9:05 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Just when you thought it was safe knowing there was some kind of announcement happening on the 27th of May, followed by a couple of leaks that VF5US would be available for free via PlayStation Plus, IGN goes ahead and finishes off the 1-2 combination with an absolute uppercut of a trailer! Wait are you waiting for! Go watch it now!

More information here:
    https://www.ign.com/articles/virtua-fighter-5-remake-announcement-news

Highlights from article:
    • New background music for every stage
    • New user interface
    • New opening cinematic
    • New lighting and shaders using RGG's Dragon Engine
    • Spectate online matches in real-time
    • Ability to build robin-robin style online tournaments
    • The private and public lobby system will support up to 16 players
    • Include new communications tools like stamps

Release Information
    Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown will be available free on PlayStation Plus for the months of June and July, and also available on PlayStation Now in June.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    Tiripsem, Meison, nou and 20 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, May 25, 2021.

1. Rodnutz
      Rodnutz
      Ah ok! Yeah, I'm still up in the air on that, but I welcome the change. I love FS, but so much of it was very boring to stare at. Now, it looks like these Windows XP wallpaper stages are finally gone. LET'S GO!
      Emptyeyes likes this.
    2. LegendaryHero90
      LegendaryHero90
      After looking at the screenshots, Sarah is looking super rough. I think it's the hair but it could be her new face too. Aoi also looks much older now and I can't quite point out why. The eyes maybe?
      Zekiel and Enishi like this.
    3. Junosynth
      Junosynth
      I noticed this too with the life bars and they look like a huge downgrade. However there was a message at the bottom that states "The images seen in the video are all under development, and may differ from the actual specifications/product"

So here's hoping they make the necessary improvements to our concerns by time the game comes out.

I will say the game looks very colorful!
    4. JCnextinc
      JCnextinc
      Exactly what I feared .. This is what you get when the hired the wrong persons and don't respect VF DNA . WTF are these Yakuza npc faces..? WTF are these Tekken Flashes ?
      Just Keep the dust effect why don't you respect VF traditions ?

Where are the beautiful lihgt effects in stages..?

The Faces are UGLY as Fuck.
      This Young devs don't even remembers the VF was the most beautiful fighting game EVERY time it came out..!
      It's 2021 and look at that now :cry::cry::cry::cry:
      beanboy, Krish, RawrCookie and 2 others like this.
    5. SDS_Overfiend1
      SDS_Overfiend1
      PS4 only? They can keep this bullshit. I don’t go backwards. Everything in that trailer I seen before other than the remixed stages. This trailer wasn’t enough for me. Not being picky but.... I need more. Atleast the final showdown trailer demonstrates new moves. Those life bars need work. I thought this was a fan made project with unreal engine or something smh.
      GustavoHeisenberg, beanboy and smbhax like this.
    6. Rodnutz
      Rodnutz
      jimi Claymore likes this.
    7. ItsameBS
    8. gido
      gido
      I was going to mention it may look a bit rough now because its "still under development"..even though its hard to believe that they'll actually be a change in what? A week from now?
    9. SUGATA
      SUGATA
      Absolutely disagree! Faces , especially women, are much more natural and beatiful
      The only exception - specific new Akira's face for me is tooo different type.
      Braveheart likes this.
    10. smbhax
      smbhax
      I did *not* see this grotesque graphical makeover with cel phone UI coming. ^_^ : oooo

No sign of price / free to play, costume customization, or single-player. Maybe in the previously announced official announcement on Thursday?

So far it's looking kind of like "here is a free, bare-bones, online-only game, just please play it online this time so we can be e-sport$."

(If it is online-only, odd that the weird UI doesn't show player names, and is set to one-round matches. Hopefully an indication that that UI was indeed just a temporary mock-up?)
      Last edited: May 25, 2021
      faster 10 lightning likes this.
    11. SUGATA
      SUGATA
      No words about New moves or Frame data tuning... thoughts?
    12. Crimson Blaze
      Crimson Blaze
      • UI is ass but I can get over that
      • Graphics look great but Sarah's face at that angle looks kinda weird, but still a major upgrade from how she looked in VF5FS. Akira's face doesn't look too Akira anymore which is kind weird since his face changes every game but his key art doesn't.
      • Stages looking crazy at the moment.
      • Customization?
      • Goh has a new 5P+G after 46P+KP.
      • Wishing for customization because I swear to god, if it isn't in the game we are finished.
      Zekiel, Braveheart and Enishi like this.
    13. SSfox
      SSfox
      Some people are saying there are new moves, but i'm not sure, the characters i played mostly in FS were Shun and Jean. Can't speak about the other characters.

I hope customization is back, tho i don't mind if they get ride of the weird ones.
      Zekiel likes this.
    14. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      The lifebar reminds me the one in GG Strive.
      Crimson Blaze likes this.
    15. Tha_FeauchA
    16. Myke
      Myke
      The OP has been updated with highlights from the article, in case you glossed over it and just watched the video.

My initial thoughts and impressions:

Character Models
      Obviously the models have all received a face lift, figuratively and literally. I first found this quite jarring when that early PSN screenshot was released but now after seeing them in motion in this trailer, they're beginning to grow on me. Really digging Vanessa's new look!

virtua-fighter-5-ultimate-showdown-character-screenshot-vanessa-1621935739818.jpg

Ultimate Showdown
      No new moves were shown, so it's probably safe to assume that this is a pure remake of VF5FS. Unsurprising, given that the title's name itself is just a enhancement over "Final Showdown". I'm stoked that we can finally play this on a modern console and hopefully in true HD (1080p) at 60fps.

New HUD
      Probably stating the obvious but the lifebars, clock, character portraits and other on-screen elements all got overhauled. It has already been confirmed in the IGN article that the User Interface (UI) (i.e. in-game menus, etc.) would be updated too.

Hit Sparks!
      Never thought I'd see the day where we'd get Hit Sparks in VF, but here we are. Seems like you get a yellow spark on both Normal Hit and Counter Hit, but the only difference being the size of the spark.

normal hit.jpg
      Normal Hit

counter hit.jpg
      Counter Hit

I'm not sure how I feel about this yet, I'll have to wait and see if the years of associating the yellow light for Counter Hit will have me falsely confirming a Normal Hit as one.
      VFnumbers, Zekiel, Krish and 4 others like this.
    17. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      now the big question: what about the single player content?

Because if it hasn't a good portion of offline modes (quest, customization, training etc.) that is mandatory in fighting games nowadays, this game is dead or arrival.

Also a big NO to Digital-only release, waiting for a disc release.
      beanboy, MadeManG74 and smbhax like this.
    18. Ali
      Ali
      I am very glad we are getting new game.
      Graphics will improve. UI can be changed.

Just fix me Sarah's and Akira's faces.

Lau and Aoi look the best
      Zekiel, Krish and Sonic The Fighters like this.
    19. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      Brad and Pai look very good too.
      beanboy, Braveheart and SSfox like this.
    20. SHIZNICKMASTA
      SHIZNICKMASTA
      So will this be compatible with a ps5? I sold my ps4 and am not going to buy another one but it would speed up my process for buying the PS5. Not at all happy about the hit sparks. kind of pisses me off to be honest. VF to me was always about the beauty of the fighting and the styles. I love the fact there was no extra visual bs going on.