1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown Trailer

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, May 25, 2021.

By Myke on May 25, 2021 at 9:05 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Just when you thought it was safe knowing there was some kind of announcement happening on the 27th of May, followed by a couple of leaks that VF5US would be available for free via PlayStation Plus, IGN goes ahead and finishes off the 1-2 combination with an absolute uppercut of a trailer! Wait are you waiting for! Go watch it now!

More information here:
    https://www.ign.com/articles/virtua-fighter-5-remake-announcement-news

Highlights from article:
    • New background music for every stage
    • New user interface
    • New opening cinematic
    • New lighting and shaders using RGG's Dragon Engine
    • Spectate online matches in real-time
    • Ability to build robin-robin style online tournaments
    • The private and public lobby system will support up to 16 players
    • Include new communications tools like stamps

Release Information
    Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown will be available free on PlayStation Plus for the months of June and July, and also available on PlayStation Now in June.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    Tiripsem, Meison, nou and 20 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, May 25, 2021.

1. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      "PS4 exclusive" is really the BIG joke we all anticipated from SEGA.

:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::LOL::LOL::LOL::rolleyes:
    2. Sozos
      Sozos
      it seems like durals vf4 stage
    3. cobratron
      cobratron
      I think most of the faces were nerfed and are not VF. They should have refined them not completely change. Its not ultimate cuz of this. I will still go back to FS to get the true feeling back.

I would be okay if they Yakuza'd VF6 instead if they really want to get experimental with the characters.

Other than the faces I like the updated clothing, stages. Would be nice if you could revert to the old stuff in the options like how you coule go back to old SF2T look on HD Remix.
      gido and SDS_Overfiend1 like this.
    4. gl0ry
      gl0ry
      I haven't posted here in a LONG time. Definitely miss VF and the people such as yourselves which made the game amazing over a decade ago for me.

That being said, I feel like this trailer/release shows how tone-deaf Sega really is. How can you name the game Virtua Fighter x eSports without addressing anything that competitive players truly care about?

With COVID-19 halting local play and tournaments, it has become clear that if your game does not have rollback netcode, people are going to turn a blind eye.

The best case scenario here would have been a completely brand new VF or an improvement on the last game with rollback netcode and cross-platform support.

I doubt any competitive players really care about improved graphics or background music, which is honestly debatable. I actually think the FS healthbars look better. The other network features just do not matter if your netcode is still trash.
    5. JSM
      JSM
      Yea, faces are... hmm, not sure. Some chars look like completely different people.

Stages look great.

The only thing that (REEEAAALLY) bugs me are the hit sparks, explosions, fireworks, spontaneous mid air combustions, creation of new black holes, whachamacallit. What does that have to do with fighting?. I see it in other fighting games, but I don't get it.
      I would get tired of that real quick playing the game. They added it even in places where it has no "gameplay function", eg: every knee in Brad's 66PG.
      Fortunately not as extreme as Tekken7 where it bugs the crap out of me already after 5 seconds of watching a fight.
      beanboy and SDS_Overfiend1 like this.
    6. Ali
      Ali

I always thought that VF5R has the best health bars.

But you know what ? You are absolutely right. I don't care about rollback netcode and I find it overrated but casuals and hardcores ask about it the moment anything is announced so I hope SEGA satisfies those demands.

Guys, we can love it... We can hate it... Sarah's face needs fixing, Akira's nose looks soooo big and distorts his face, but guys... We are discussing about a new VF game... A few years ago, this would be a dream
      Braveheart likes this.
    7. JCnextinc
      JCnextinc
      Just Look at the comments bro.. You can't deny that VF was the best looking fighting game everytime it came out. VF 5 was not an exception. It was gorgeous. Now people are making Jokes . It's not because models are more "natural" that you will make them prettier or more charismatic.
      There is a blance to find. And VF is Not Yakuza . VF characters needs more artistic envolvement than Yakuza, and all these characters all these souless NPC
      ALL characters HAVE TO be charismatic.
      Nothing compare to all these Yakuza souless NPC charcters.. It"s way harder.

The only one who had very good design and personality was Ichiban. (really good but I don't think it's the same team)

It's a low end remaster. I hope it's free.
      SDS_Overfiend1 likes this.
    8. b4k4
      b4k4
      @MadeManG74 Legit this might've been the only FG announcement that could've taken me from "inactive" back to "active."
      Technocrow, MadeManG74 and Braveheart like this.
    9. Tha_FeauchA
      Tha_FeauchA
      Best part is, we don't even know what the game will play like, yet.

At first glance, it looks strange. Like clay figures or something. But I also think it's going to look cool when actually playing it.
    10. SSfox
      SSfox
      Seems like it's gonna be FS with new moves and new balance patch. No drastic change in gameplay obviousely as its VF5US and not VF6.
    11. Tha_FeauchA
      Tha_FeauchA
      I don't know, man. VF5 to VF5R seemed to have a pretty significant change. And VF5R to VF5FS also seemed to have a change. I don't see why 5FS to 5US also couldn't have a change.
    12. EmpNovA
      EmpNovA
      - 10 year old game being ported to PS4, not even PS5, no announcement or hints of VF6
      - No release of VF4FT or VF5R still to this day, no VF collection with netcode
      - No Xbox or PC support now for the latest VF, despite VF5FS being on the 360
      - So far no major single player changes announced like Quest Mode, better tutorials, etc.
      - No major online improvements or advancements in netcode, just minor changes
      - Odd looking art style for characters, feels like a Yakuza game not Virtua Fighter, looks off to say the least
      - Awful mobile looking interfaces, classic VF UI replaced with soulless modern corporate look and feel
      - Emphasis on esports instead of a complete experience with single player modes and story modes like VF once had
      - Tekken style hit sparks to reflect the more Tekken like gameplay we already have
    13. SSfox
      SSfox
      That's what i'm saying.
    14. JCnextinc
      JCnextinc
      It's really like this new/young developpers never played and understood the game..
      They even forgot (or never knew) that VF had VERY HIGH standards in term of visuals and technologies. :cautious:
      Technocrow and gido like this.
    15. I.M. Amazon
      I.M. Amazon
      I think it looks nice enough, though I'm still hopeful for VF1 novelty costumes[​IMG]
      gido likes this.
    16. Dreamboat
      Dreamboat
      I'm totally fine with an updated FS re-release, I don't need a new game, but hitsparks and that Tekken-esque plasticine look for characters...yeesh. Also that UI, good grief! It looks like they threw in whatever placeholder assets they found in the Yakuza bin.
      My big question now is if it runs at 60FPS. As far as I know, Dragon Engine games on PS4 previously haven't. Normally this would be silly to even ask, but it's SEGA, so...

The sequence in the trailer looks like his existing P+K+G, 43P+K, 6P to me.
      Zekiel and smbhax like this.
    17. smbhax
      smbhax
      The original VF was 30 so they're takin' it back! Ah seriously though, interesting point. I *have* to think there's no way they're that tone deaf, but uh I guess we'll see. Trailer doesn't have 60 fps but it's a pretty casual trailer so who knows.
      Dreamboat likes this.
    18. Carlos Lenz
      Carlos Lenz
      I know new players like sparks and explosions but please let me turn off those...

I like the idea of new models but the IGN gallery has some rough pictures, seems like a rushed thing.

If there's no PC release (seems likely at this point) I might pass rather than buy a PS4/5 for the sake of a single game.
      Last edited: May 25, 2021
    19. Blitzball Champ
    20. charleypk222
      charleypk222
      idk why sega call this ultimate ???
      i find anything ultimate there , i hope i miss something
      i play vf game from the 90 vf1 in the arcade and all game
      VF is my best fighting game serie ever

now what ? i need to buy a outdate ps4=pro with a stick ? or this game will work on ps5 ? and cost me 700$ for playing this on a new ps5 to gain a 5% to 10%
      improve version , maybe with no rolback net code ?

10 year i`m waiting from sega , and today they are coming with this , idk i`m so sadly confuse(what is got ultimate there ??? ) , thank you
      Last edited: May 25, 2021