Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Apr 2, 2021.

By Myke on Apr 2, 2021 at 6:20 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The game title of "Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown" has just been rated by the Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea for the PS4 platform, and, interestingly, the rating lists "Virtua Fighter esports" as the original title. With recent news of the PS3 store shutting down, and no current, stand-alone way to play VF5FS on a PlayStation 4 or 5 console, could this be SEGA's move to kill two birds with one stone? Officially bring the latest title in some kind of updated "ultimate" form into the esports scene, and playable on a modern console?

Virtua Fighter x esports.jpg

Zekiel, SUGATA, VFnumbers and 5 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Mech
    2. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      Very excited! I'm so glad we're getting a port of this great game. Curious to see if it'll be on more platforms than just PS4, but I imagine it will be.
      Making it PS4 is a nice start, since it should run natively on PS5 as well, no?
      Chanchai, LordNightmare and Shinobi like this.
    3. JED-VF3
      JED-VF3
      https://www.grac.or.kr/Statistics/P...d2aa600fdff0fa6c813a6a053e8e5ec12581d53453bb0

GAME RATING and ADMINISTRATION COMITTEE has been known to leak games before, this is an official government site. They seem to have confirmed the age rating of VF5FS for PS4, does this mean VF5FS is now confirmed to be on PS4?

It's known that the GRAC usually inspects the console versions first, if this is official, then we could be seeing an official rating for VF5FS for PC soon also.

by the way, I AM LOOSING MY SHIT RIGHT NOW!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2021
      Chanchai likes this.
    4. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      if there will be no PC release, it will drag the game down a LOT. Im being afraid again :cry:
    5. Ali
      Ali
      I hope this is not the VF x esport but rather the much needed next gen port of one of the best games ever.
      LordNightmare likes this.
    6. Zekiel
      Zekiel
      Hmmm I wonder if it's going to be updated graphics and gameplay and such. If it's just pretty graphics then I won't be interested. We'll have to wait and see~
    7. Tricky
      Tricky
      Ultimate Shown instead of Final Showdown as the title implies it will not be a port but a new revision of VF5. Has sega ever renamed an entry like this and done a port? Serious question.
      Chanchai, Dark Nova Void and Zekiel like this.
    8. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      If all that hype for only a port of a 15/10 years old (dead) game, and only on PS4 ... That would be pretty lazy and very disapointing.

That "Ultimate" version better have some advantage (content, graphics, netcode, feature...) and release on every platforms (Xbox, PC, even on Switch).
      Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
      Zekiel and Tricky like this.
    9. Rodnutz
      Rodnutz
      I'm not gonna get my hopes up. I bet it's just a remastered version of the game running at a higher resolution with lots of extra modes. Anyway, I refuse to get even a little bit excited until I see two letters..... available on PC!

Chanchai and Dark Nova Void like this.
    10. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      I hope we are talking about a new revision of the game, so they could include

-new stages and old stages reworded
      -graphics improvements
      -new music
      -new moves and balancement
      -new items
      -new modes

etc.

If it's just Final Shodown Free 2 Play, with no offline mode and just the online matches, it would be a real bad news.
    11. Blitzball Champ
      Blitzball Champ
      Welp, you know my rule. Less talk more show the footage. So until Sega shows juicy footage, I can't be excited.
      Chanchai and Technocrow like this.
    12. nou
      nou
      Pumped. Glad I've been playing VF5:FS with a ps4 controller this whole time. Thanks Yakuza and Judgment (y)

Just give this to me now:ninja:
      Chanchai and Rivalus like this.
    13. Jotamide
      Jotamide
      Worst case scenario it is just a repackage of 5FS with all the cosmetic DLC. Still, I think this is a W since I look at DOA and other franchises and making this game playable on new gen is still a net positive.

I still echo the feelings that I'd like to see rollback and a graphical update but let's just hope this can be the start of a new chapter for VF.
      Chanchai, Zekiel, Rivalus and 2 others like this.
    14. nou
      nou
      This is what I'm expecting while hoping for rollback and crossplay. Sega going back to add extras like VF4:Evo had would be even more awesome.
      Rivalus likes this.
    15. Sozos
      Sozos
      VF5 Ultimate showdown needs to be a new vf5 revision. 2 new chars ,moves and balance changes with rollback netcode. Give us this and we are happy SEGA.
    16. faster 10 lightning
    17. masterpo
      masterpo
      Even if it were an exact port of VF5FS to PS4 that's good news. If Ultimate means Sega is going to make this a culmination of the previous games, e.g adding trainable AI from VF4, bringing back the announcer from VF5, the underground tournaments from VF4 EVO, Team Battle from VF3, the Kumite mode from VF4, the tutorial & training modes from VF4 EVO that would be FN awesome:LOL: And if Hori & others announce some new sticks., Well, Lets do the damn thing:ROTFL:
      Chanchai, beanboy and Rivalus like this.
    18. GustavoHeisenberg
      GustavoHeisenberg
      Will be buying the game again for the series X since I'm a super stan
      Sonic The Fighters likes this.
    19. TexasLion
      TexasLion
      Oh man, I'm excited for anything really. If it's just a port with updated graphics then it's at least something. Hopefully it's like a reboot though with a new engine and new moves and stages. That would be dope. We need a trailer so they can reveal this thing already.
      Chanchai and Rivalus like this.