1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Apr 2, 2021.

By Myke on Apr 2, 2021 at 6:20 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The game title of "Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown" has just been rated by the Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea for the PS4 platform, and, interestingly, the rating lists "Virtua Fighter esports" as the original title. With recent news of the PS3 store shutting down, and no current, stand-alone way to play VF5FS on a PlayStation 4 or 5 console, could this be SEGA's move to kill two birds with one stone? Officially bring the latest title in some kind of updated "ultimate" form into the esports scene, and playable on a modern console?

Virtua Fighter x esports.jpg

Junosynth, cobratron, Coroo and 9 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Apr 2, 2021.

1. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      Well it take a lot of effort to transform a 2GB game in 12 GB without changing anything...
      I have a little hope.
    2. Ali
      Ali
      Can't say that I blame you.

I, however, am very optimistic about this one. Of course it can all be for nothing and you can say you told me so, but hey... It's a SEGA website counting down for something VF..... 2 years ago, this was impossible to imagine
      Sonic The Fighters likes this.
    3. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      My bad, in a hurry I didn't express myself well in the previous post, reading it again it seems that I have a negative stance while I'm now neutral-positive.

I meant that "I have a little more hope now", because the game is 12GB and there is a good chance it would not be a simple straight port of FS.
      Last edited: May 22, 2021
    4. NightAntilli
      NightAntilli
      I'd love a PC release.
    5. Cheribam_J
      Cheribam_J
      Will the game have a physical release?

Or will it be download only? If so, don't you guys think the graphics will suffer from this, like Final Showdown had?
    6. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      I really hope we will get a physical edition with everything included.
      We should start suggest this to RGG Studio twitter.
    7. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      I was thinking, in the end the leaked images of "VF6" from few years ago were real?
      I cannot find them anymore (any help?) but I remember that the "dragon temple" was very similar to the Temple version of VF5US.
    8. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      Search a bit in the Virtua Fighter 6 topic i think, we talked about that again at the VF5US release.
      beanboy and faster 10 lightning like this.
    9. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      Thanks, I found it!

VF6 topic, page 101

[​IMG]

and the old quote from segabits forum:

""Hi, I work within the games industry as a game developer and I have recently been shown what I have been told to be the first images of VF6. Not too much is known about the game but, the rumor is that the game will for the fist time will be on home consoles first and will be a cross gen game. The game is said to have the similar season passes as Street Fighter 5 with new characters every season with new costumes and remakes of arenas. As for the release date the game will be released second quarter of next year and the game will be unveiled at Tokyo Game Show 2019.""

after all it was unveiled at TGS2020, and luckly the season pass thing was not true.
      But looking again, the Temple while a "prototype" is kinda similar to the one of US, especially the design of the red platform.
      Let alone the fact it used VF5 models.

[​IMG]
    10. beanboy
      beanboy
      I'm glad you noticed that too.

That temple stage was the stage I was looking for in VF5US. And as I saw it especially the red floor and the pattern on it, I said to myself, "interesting, this stage looks very close, to the one shown in the screenshots posted in the sega bits forum, with Aoi in it." Coincidence?:sneaky:

Even back then, when I first saw the screenshots, I said to myself, I think that dude who made that topic, definitely knew something about a new VF game. Because something about the pics, seemed a bit legit.
      Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
    11. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      Yeah, it was a little "too good" to be a fake. All the arena was modeled, it's not the kind of effort you see in a fake (especially if all that work must be wasted to make some tiny pics).
      But the re-use of VF5 models didn't convinced me back then, I find it a little "strange" even if was meant as placeholders.

In the end it wasn't VF6 but a remake of VF5FS, so reusing VF5 models as placeholders made a lot of sense.
      beanboy likes this.