1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 Version D

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by gregor_thewolf, Nov 21, 2007.

1. gregor_thewolf

gregor_thewolf Well-Known Member

http://www.virtuafighter.jp/dk_f.html

You can download a video which shows off the features- new KO trial and stuff- but what blew me away were the new costumes and new character poses with weapons! I wonder if Version D is going the Tekken 6 route and allowing accessories to be used in combat?

All I can say is... I hope this comes to consoles eventually. Awesome stuff!!!

2. Shiznittles

Shiznittles Well-Known Member

That is the wackiest video I have seen for VF in a long time. I would swear it's too over the top to be real but I guess it looks pretty legit.

Seriously, is that Kage in that armor suit??!!? Crazy.

-Shiz

3. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

so am2 have spent there timing working on either
    , a whole new system with weapons or
    a whole load of items/poses/animations which do nothing for the gameplay...
    (<span style='font-size: 8pt'>FIX those hitboxes!!!!</span>) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Ver.D has no new gameplay changes over Ver.C.

Aside from the new items, item-based animations, and costumes, Ver.D introduces Knockout Trial 2 (a 1P mode) and VF5 Official Open Battle.

Open Battle is a way of organising a tournament at a local arcade with no special entry requirements, nor the need of any official staff. You accumulate points with each match you win, and the player with the highest amount of points at the end of the tournament period is the winner. You can win "official points" this way, which can be used in the shop to buy stuff.

Thanks to nin for the translation.

5. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

I doubt they'd use the weapons in battle. Well I hope they won't. I just have the scary thought of "Akira Wins. Fatality.".

Still, some of those new items do look nice.

6. solfizz

solfizz Well-Known Member

Weird is all I can think of! The outfits do look pretty enticing. Outfit E for everyone now?

I noticed that Aoi is finally in something other than flared pants. How will that work as her kicking hit detection has always relied on the pants width/design?

Overall though...this update looks HUGE being simply a "version"!!

7. anbujustin

anbujustin Active Member

that kage outfit grey fox style is so sick

8. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

Virtua Fighter...now with 50% more Pirates!!

by the end of 2008 I don't imagine you'll even be able to see the background for all the costume craziness.

Kage did look slick though.

GE

9. Alstein

Alstein Well-Known Member

Hopefully we'll get the costume stuff over here.

10. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    OMG vane WTF grrl ?!

fanboy overload *head explodes*

11. neonxaos

neonxaos Member

Very good. Now give me Open Battle for Xbox Live kthxbye.

12. Konradinho

Konradinho Well-Known Member

PSN:
    konradinho2
    IS this yet Virtua Fighter, or Soul Calibur? Why there's no Pai /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

13. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

shuns outfit is awesome. its like a combination of don ho and egg shen

14. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

15. ViperExcess

ViperExcess Well-Known Member

Looks cool.

*crosses fingers for eventual 360 online patch*

16. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Let's see, pirates, cyborg ninjas... we just need more zombies now. Then we'll have all of the stupid nerd-on character archetypes and VF's future success in the west will be guaranteed!

Also, I love Jacky posing with a bottle of milk like he's the hottest shit ever.

17. CiscoRey

CiscoRey Well-Known Member

All I ask is that they give Eileen the outfit that Monkey wears in "Mad Monkey Kungfu." Just thinking about her having that hat, along with those raggy cloths makes me excited.

18. CiscoRey

CiscoRey Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I was browsing around that site and came across this jpg. I can't read a lick of Japanese though. Are these supposed to be player endings or is this just another CG intro?

19. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Isn't Goh supposed to fill that role? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

20. ZeroEx

ZeroEx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zeextremekid
    XBL:
    Zeextremekid
    Awesome, we need Open Battle for consoles.

That'd be cool for EVO, World Cyber Games and other tournament venues.