1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 Version D

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by gregor_thewolf, Nov 21, 2007.

1. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

we dont even have version c items or image demos. I think theres very little chance of getting version d anything for 360. hehe

2. siropai

siropai New Member

How do you do?
    My name is siropai.
    I am Japanese VF player.
    It is mainly acting as the janitor of the animation of VirtuaFighter with a main pai.

verD is pleasure. However, I do not want you to become not much like TEKKEN.

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Hi siropai, welcome to VFDC!

Many of us enjoy watching your movies on YouTube! Thankyou for sharing them!

4. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Wow. Welcome. I've learned a lot from your youtube Siropai, it's awesome.

5. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

oh hello siropai,
    thx for uploading those entertaining vf vids to youtube /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

6. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

is version D out in the Japanese arcades yet?

7. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    "Rumor" has is that in version D, if you hold pkg when Lion is in kanpo stance he'll continue doing the shuffle the same way Aoi holds her Yin Yang stance /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Also they changed his end quote to "I'm twice as annoying as i used to be!"

Seriously though, any *real* rumor about bringing back the old VF4evo endings? Like, the one where vanessa smashes the camera and then stomps away? Cause she seems to have got back the "Got it, i'll move into position" (the one where she does the roll with the rifle in the promotional video seems awfully similar to that)

8. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

no..we're still playing version c over here. Although, im not complaining. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

9. RagelessCajun

RagelessCajun Active Member

What part of Japan are you in?

10. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I thought it was out in Japan, maybe it's only in a few arcades at the moment.

11. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

No. When VF gets an upgrade, it goes out to every arcade. It does not go to 'a few arcades' only.

12. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

I took this off of VF.net just a few minutes ago and translated for you good folks. Even though the 360 version got a big patch, it seems the arcade version is still ahead of it... it even got a brand new costume slot. :X

VF5 Version D location test information (1/16)
    From 1/17 (Thurs) until 1/12 (Wed), the following arcades will be holding a VF5 Version D location test

Ikebukuro Gigo
    Club Sega Akihabara
    Club Sega Shinjuku West Exit
    (ed. note - wtf happened to Kansai? I guess it's cuz Sega's based in Tokyo, but still...)

After the location test is finished, Club Sega Shinjuku West Exit will still have Version D (the others won't have it after the test)

Version D Main changes
    - Single play "Knockout Trial" will now be "Knockout Trial 2"
    - Open Battle Tournaments - tournaments that don't require entry supervision will start
    - Costume E will be added to the costume lists
    - In Score Attack, the CPU opponent's attack patterns and appearances will change (I presume to resemble Knockout Trial.)

13. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

i dont see anything about the 360 there. or do you mean the 360 got ver. C

14. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    The site Reno translated from is specific to the arcades in Japan

15. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

yea, i didnt see the thread about the 360 patch yet before i saw this thread

16. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Open battle is the new tournament style ranking mode in version D. Basically, the arcade sets the date and time of the open battle as they would a regular tournament but no brackets or registration is needed. All the machines in that arcade automatically switch to open battle mode for the duration of the tourney. It also doesnt matter if you show up late and you can jump in anytime you want and play at your own pace. I'm not sure exactly how the ranking system works but I believe you are awarded more points for beating higher ranked players in the tournament regardless of their kyu or dan ranking. For example, lets say player A has 2 Wins and Player B Has 10 wins and then player C is deciding which person to challenge. Well, if player C beats player B, he will get alot more points then beating player A though player A might be easier to beat since he only has 2 wins rather than 10. In the end, the player with the highest amount of points wins and although win streaks surely play a part in getting to the top, they dont mean too much if you are only beating players with a lower tournament ranking. I believe all ranks receive tournament points and the top winners get some sort of special prize like items or whatnot. I'm dont know for certain.

Aside from the mechanics of open battle, a few of us really feel that this was a great move on segas part to generate more interest in the game. Last week I went to club sega akihabara on a friday night and even though there were about 15-17 people there playing, it was certainly not as many during the summer. There were 153 participants in Open battle tonight and thats the best turnout ive heard of in a long time. Granted, Version D is new and alot of people might have simply wanted to try it out, I really think the format of open battle really keeps it accessible for the serious tournament player as well as the casual VFer that just wants to play good people. With a standard tournament system, the brackets need to be setup beforehand which requires all the players to show up before the event starts. Also, the amount of machines that will be used in the tournament is set and if there are alot of other machines in that particular arcade, chances are they will almost all be on attract mode since the tournament players are all waiting for their next match and probably dont want to play casually in between. This might completely suck for the guy who comes late to the tournament or the guy who doesnt really pay attention to when tournaments are being held and just decides he wants to go play somewhere on a friday night. Even though club sega akihabara has 23 vf5 machines, I was still waiting a good 5-7 minutes to play since there were so many people.

[​IMG]

17. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Thanks for the write up, it sure sounds like it's exciting stuff!

So just to clarify, you just rock up, wait your turn behind a machine that's set to Open Battle, and just play? And you play when and whom you want? Points are accumulated with each match, and the player with the most points is awarded the winner? So obviously, the more you play and win, the more points you'll earn.

You mentioned on IRC that the whole thing took around 3 hours, was that right?

How are Open Battles announced? Online? Or do Arcades post up a schedule?

It'd be awesome if they could implement something like this for the Xbox 360 online community provided they establish region filters first!

On the topic of Version D, something else that was mentioned was that the in game AI mimics real life players. That is, it will use the ring name, rank, items, etc, and (assuming) playing style of a real life player! To see an example, Takechiyomaru (a Brad player) recorded a movie of himself playing his AI counterpart! I had to double-take to figure out who was the real one! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Watch the movie first and see if you can tell who's who even though there's an obvious give-away (see the spoiler after watching!)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rlyeThK5TsI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rlyeThK5TsI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    btw, I love that finger snapping intro. Just needs to be set to the theme of Michael Jackson's Billy Jean! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Warning, Spoiler: <input type="button" class="form-button" value="Show" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = '';this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show'; }" /></div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div style="display: none;">The AI Brad is on 2P side. These special AI characters have a rank of "AI"</div></div></div>

18. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    man i wish i got involved with the vf scene sooner...
    better late then never /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

19. DubC

DubC Well-Known Member

</div> </div></div>

Heh, there is another way to tell:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Warning, Spoiler: <input type="button" class="form-button" value="Show" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = '';this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show'; }" /></div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div style="display: none;">During the second round, 2p throws out that mid kick to right hook out into open space when there is no way 1p could run into it. While 1p threw out the safe/distancing kick that turns his back, 2p is throwing out random moves into open space? Definitely cpu on 2p side.</div></div></div>

20. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    Wow, the way AI mimic the player is amazing. And the open battle sounds awesome! I think ver.D is the best thing in VF world since I dunno when /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Just a thought, but if Evo had all those features, PLUS something more, I'd be so happy my head would explode /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif