1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 ?

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by TruEviL, Oct 11, 2003.

1. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    MAXIMUM said:

I'm beyond caring what system it gets released on. As long as we get an accurate port swiftly with some nice online features I'll be happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanna know coz that's the system I'm going to buy /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. tzgorr1

tzgorr1 Well-Known Member

Even though nothing is confirmed, there is almost no doubt in my mind that the PS3 will get it. I think a better question is, "Will it be PS3 exlcusive?"

3. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Did I somehow miss the anouncement of VF5?

Seriously, they showed a fucking tech demo running on a Mac dual G5 with an experimental video card.

A TECH DEMO PEOPLE.

No anouncement of an arcade release ye but apparently that isnt stopping you guys from talking about non existent home versions of a non existent arcade game(for now).

4. Jeffahn

Jeffahn Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Fishie said:

Did I somehow miss the anouncement of VF5?

Seriously, they showed a fucking tech demo running on a Mac dual G5 with an experimental video card.

A TECH DEMO PEOPLE.

No anouncement of an arcade release ye but apparently that isnt stopping you guys from talking about non existent home versions of a non existent arcade game(for now).

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is the info about the G5 from?

5. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Its from me so you will just have to take it on face value.

6. MAXIMUM

MAXIMUM Well-Known Member

Another annoying intervention from our resident thread kill-joy, Fishie.

It stands to reason that there will be another Virtua Fighter, and although open to argument chances are it'll be called Virtua Fighter 5. Assuming a succesfull arcade launch Sega will no doubt port it to home console....hence a debate on which console it'll be ported to. And your problem with that is?

And don't worry, we'll be taking your statament about that demo running on a mac with a bucket of salt considering how utterly wrong you always are when spouting so called insider industry knowledge.

Chances are that demo was running on Naomi 3 hardware, and not a Xbox 360 dev platform.

7. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Care to point out the things I was WRONG on?

And I didnt say it was running on an X360 dev platform either.

8. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

As much as I know people want jibber and jabber away about what new features the home version should or should not include, I would love it - LOVE IT - if Sega would finally stick to their guns and keep VF where it belongs: in the arcade.

This is a pipe dream, of course. A home release is inevitable (blech). However, I certainly hope that a home version is released well due past the time the arcade version should get to shine. At least a year. None of this Namco TK5 crap - i.e. ruin the arcade scene 101.

<font color="blue">.cheers.</font>

9. MAXIMUM

MAXIMUM Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Fishie said:

[/ QUOTE ]

You think I have that much free time?

Just remember the old proverb:

"I am Fishie, therefore I spout gobshite"

10. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    MAXIMUM said:

[ QUOTE ]
    Fishie said:

[/ QUOTE ]

You think I have that much free time?

Just remember the old proverb:

"I am Fishie, therefore I spout gobshite"

[/ QUOTE ]

Pathetic

11. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Fishie said:

Pathetic

[/ QUOTE ]

ironic

12. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    PhoenixDth said:

[ QUOTE ]
    Fishie said:

Pathetic

[/ QUOTE ]

ironic

[/ QUOTE ]

*waggles penis in air*

13. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Painty_J said:

[ QUOTE ]
    PhoenixDth said:

[ QUOTE ]
    Fishie said:

Pathetic

[/ QUOTE ]

ironic

[/ QUOTE ]

*waggles penis in air*

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah man,I quit doing that long ago.
    Generates way too much wind.

14. Cephiros_VII

Cephiros_VII Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Fishie said:

[ QUOTE ]
    Painty_J said:

[ QUOTE ]
    PhoenixDth said:

[ QUOTE ]
    Fishie said:

Pathetic

[/ QUOTE ]

ironic

[/ QUOTE ]

*waggles penis in air*

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah man,I quit doing that long ago.
    Generates way too much wind.

[/ QUOTE ]

THAT'S SILLY /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif

15. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Llanfair said:

As much as I know people want jibber and jabber away about what new features the home version should or should not include, I would love it - LOVE IT - if Sega would finally stick to their guns and keep VF where it belongs: in the arcade.

This is a pipe dream, of course. A home release is inevitable (blech). However, I certainly hope that a home version is released well due past the time the arcade version should get to shine. At least a year. None of this Namco TK5 crap - i.e. ruin the arcade scene 101.

<font color="blue">.cheers.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was exclusive to the arcade that would kill the game over here. Very few arcades here ever got VF Evo in and none as far as I know got FT on top of that our biggest arcade is now closing. Making VF arcade exclusive in any country where the game is unpopular could stop the game being played at all as arcade centers often don't get VF games in nowadays.

16. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Making VF arcade exclusive in any country where the game is unpopular could stop the game being played at all as arcade centers often don't get VF games in nowadays.

[/ QUOTE ]
    There was a few Evo machines, just on dodgy cabinets, hence why people congregate at one (slightly less dodgier) place.
    It depends, I think the main reason Ft was not seen was due to Sega not officially launching the update in the west?
    With VF5 I'm hoping that'd be rectified, imo VF does belong in the Arcade ,sega has a chance , (i.e do a namco) with VF5. It'll never really be that popular due to the state of arcades in the west but if it gets anywhere near tekken 5 interest that'll do me ^_^

17. mikymike13

mikymike13 New Member

Hi!
    I'm a new guy on this site but i've been playing VF since VF2 and here are my suggestions for VF5( not final tuned) well at least this is what are my expectations :
    1. guive the VF4(original) training stage to goh.

2. guive the option to choose the stage wheater since we have almost 3 different versions for each stage.

3. please bring back Taka ( it was so fun to beat the hell out of him)

4. two new characters (kapoera or tae kwon do/ karate or anything cooler).

5. more ,longer intro movies before the fights.

6. a better story board ( the one they have is cool but could be better).

7. bring back lion's [9][P]+[G] throw and change (b)(df)(P)+(G) into (f)(P)+(G).

8. Am2 guys could add more intrigue to the story by adding a new member of the J6 squad , lau’ s successor or simply shun's student who got kidnapped.

9. as a reward for completing some of the missions they could guive us some of the previous VF intro/ending movies.

10. making more publicity to their game. VF4 can really take over tekken, dead or alive and soulcalibur if the am2 team hire a very good marketting team in north america.

11. mix 3D and flat stages as in VF3(closed stages , ring out stages ,open stages).

12. multi level stages ( I’m just dreaming.)

13. each character speaking in his own language.

14. more items and more than 2 outfits

15. brad fighting in a boxing training room ( like in the countainder) or wolf’s vf1/2 stage.

16. one of the new characters could be kage’s mom (or at least a girl ninja) ; akira’s , aoi’s ,lion’s kung fu master; the guy from shenmue.

17. blocking back throws (from behind)

18. lion should grow up ( size and stengh ) ,have some reversals and get his <<aren’t you about the ladies to go home now?>> taunt back.

19. a real story mode.

20. add new or old outfits instead of VF2 models.

21. instead of doing new and old versions of the same stages why don’t they try to do an indoor and outdoor version of them.

22. more opponents in quest mode.

23. create your own fighter?

24. please bring back the team battle mode.

25. here are some suggestions for stages:
    - jacky skykkrappers
    - sarah subway station
    - akira dojo
    - aoi shrine
    -lion castle
    - goh vf4 training stage
    -the great wall
    -the rooftop (pai vf3) in Korean streets
    -the aquarium
    -the caves
    -the desert for wolf
    -the hangar or fighting on a (army) boat for vanessa
    -the palace
    - kage garden
    - dural factory
    - the boxing ring for brad
    - the forest/ clairiere (with snow)
    -the garage (for racing cars)
    - taka mountain village
    -5 stars hotel with swimming pool
    -the bridge (a big metallic one)
    - leifei temple
    - the beach
    - the elevator
    - the airport
    - the city market
    - the nightclub
    - the falls and river
    - Chicago streets
    - the zoo
    - the temple in thaï land
    - the Korean temple
    -etc…

26. choose the weather : (dawn / day / night / winter / autumn / summer / rain / etc…)

I’m open to any suggestions and I hope the am2 team hears my recommendations .
    Oh ! by the way , << VF rocks!!!>>

18. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

One suggestion I have for a stage is this: if anyone has played the game Fighter's Destiny; the stage where the chinese girl plays, you know that one where she's on a glass stage and
    there is a background of hong kong city. That is one stage that I would want of pai or maybe even aoi. That's the one suggestion that I would like since I really liked playing on that stage.

(Don't go off on me for this suggestion ok /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

19. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

The gist of this post is that the only useful suggestion on that guy's list was the addition of a team battle mode. (for us lazy folk)

1,2 - who cares?

3 - if he fits, he fits, if not who cares

4 - i don't care if they add new characters, just make sure they're refined. and by that i mean don't add new characters.

5,6,7,8 - no.

9 - sure why not, although i was certainly satisfied by the extras in evo.

10 - people are stupid, who cares about depth when you can have boobies.

11 - as long as it doesn't interfere with the gameplay at all, and personally if implemented in vf4, i think it would have interfered.

12 - i hope you're joking.

13,14 - who cares

15,16,17,18,19 - NO.

20 - who cares

21 - it would be interesting to be able to play each stage with the high wall, partial wall, open options - and it's actually not a bad suggestion!

22 - who cares?

23 - No, most absolutely not, most absurd thing i've ever heard.

24 - Yes, for sure 100%

25 - let's leave the aesthetics to the experts thanks.

20. Jeffahn

Jeffahn Well-Known Member

All I want are boobies.