1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 ?

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by TruEviL, Oct 11, 2003.

1. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

mikymike13

I'm happy that you've taken the time to list the things you want for the next VF. Unfortunately, something like this is not only useless, but it's something that will attract negative responses from other forum users like what you are seeing right now for some of the reasons that follow.

1) This site has no official affiliation with Sega of Japan, AM2, or Sega of America.

2) None of the people that decides what goes into the next VF will get their ideas from this site. Because....

3) The people who develop VF5 do NOT speak English for the most part, and even if they are trying, they likely won't be able to get past line 1 since you said guive.

4) People have been writing lists like this for the past decade, and Taka never came back.

So in the end, since that was your first post, I'll tell everyone right now to understand, and not to make anymore negative comments about this anymore, and just move on.

2. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

I am wondering; is it possible to make like a notice message in the FAQ that tells people to not make lists like this. I don't want to discourage anyone or anything but this just gets a bit tiring since I have seen many a lists like this.

I know this will not stop people from making such posts, but at least it will decrease these kind of posts. But all in all, I'm still ok with mykeymike13 making his post since poeple have a right to their opinions. It's just that sometimes people get too caught up in the moment.

3. nou

nou Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Srider said:

mikymike13

I'm happy that you've taken the time to list the things you want for the next VF. Unfortunately, something like this is not only useless, but it's something that will attract negative responses from other forum users like what you are seeing right now for some of the reasons that follow.

[/ QUOTE ]

True but at least he cares BUT this has been posted before BUT that was probably when the game was "alive".

4. Pai_Garu

Maybe....... if you only read the sticky on the top of this forum section.

5. nou

nou Well-Known Member

^ that too

6. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

how about in the rules they say that you can't ask questions and make lists like this and in addition to that they will suspend people for attacking them

7. MAXIMUM

MAXIMUM Well-Known Member

It never ceases to amaze me the number of redundant boring posts generated by "veteran" members of this community chastising the contents of a new member's post.

If you think someone's contribution is dull or off the mark how about doing everyone a favour and keeping your mouth shut. Chances are the original post will be forgotten anyway.

Now I understand that I've just added one more pointless post to a thread in danger of going off track, but I felt the need to attack the stuffy old thread kill-joys on here, who seem to have nothing better to do than scrutinise the validity of other people's contributions.

On this occasion the post was actually on-topic, unlike the spew of follow-ups from the likes of Strider & co.

8. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

All we are doing is making a simple request to stop this posting of redundancy as you put it. I can understand how some veteran members of VFDC can be a bit intimmidating to newcomer, which is all the more reason to make this into a rule so that the newcomers will be spared of the banter that they face as a result of annoyed veteran members.

I myself don't really get angry over litst like these, but I want this newbie-bashing to end as much as you.

9. Painty_J

I think there should be rules for both sides, one for veteran members so that redundant lists are deleted and maybe even organize a few FAQs. the other rule would be to protect newer members by actually suspending people who come in to 'newbie' threads and start bashing away

theres no reason for the veteran members to not be assholes, really. there should be

10. Pai_Garu

Well, there is already the topics to avoid thread, but I guess it's not clear enough or people don't want to read it first. I guess in the future something more drastic should be done, and I'll keep it in mind.

11. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

http://www.dkvine.com/index.php?n=00139

"Virtua Fighter game"

I'm thinking a port of FT, way too early for VF5 port plans to say the least.

I would also not be suprised to see FT go to 360 and VF5 get a PS3 port.

12. nou

nou Well-Known Member

^ dude, don't jinx FT like that.

13. Pai_Garu

That is exactly what I thought would happen when I saw the VF vid at E3 for xbox.... I hope it comes soon...

14. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    "Virtua Fighter game"

Way to be vague.

15. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    [ QUOTE ]
    Plague said:

"Virtua Fighter game"

Way to be vague.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it could be a port of "Virtua Quest" for all we know. Which has not been mentioned here at ALL since it was released stateside. I played the demo on a kiosk. The biggest highlight for me was hearing Akira speak in English. o_O

16. Vith_Dos

Vith_Dos Well-Known Member

Virtua Fighter Quest came out? Daaamn I gotta get with the times

17. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    It came out on the Gamecube. I haven't seen it for the PS2.

18. Junes

Junes New Member

does anyone have anything useful to say since may 17?

19. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

Not you, apparentely.

20. Painty_J

[ QUOTE ]
    Srider said:

Well, there is already the topics to avoid thread, but I guess it's not clear enough or people don't want to read it first. I guess in the future something more drastic should be done, and I'll keep it in mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

but what about senior regulars getting out and just flat out being jerks? I suppose thats cool but newbies better get their shit together right

And VF Quest came out on PS2 also...I have a copy of it right here. Not too bad for a beatemup, although the controls are pretty stiff and the moves don't chain well together.