1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6 Character Ideas

Discussion in 'General' started by rebelleon, Jun 21, 2016.

1. charleypk222

charleypk222 Well-Known Member

the 2 style i will like the most for vf6 are boxing and Taekwondo

2. If they do go with a TKD artist then I hope they make him different from Sarah , pretty hard if you ask me. But I would love to see Sarah's move list fleshed out a little. Someone with the agility to do a backflip kick should have more mobility movers with built in sidesteps would make her more agile without actually giving her counters. As far as capoeira fighters if they don't base him off of one of the real life capoeira bad azzez you can find on YouTube or in the movie the protector there stupid. Tony jaa would be an amazing model for a mui tai fighter, right now brad really does feel more like a kickboxing champion than a muitai player. And as far as boxing in a video game braids great, so is Dudley from street fighter, however something you never see is someone trained in 52blocks (look it up or pm me if you don't know what that is) it would be Awsome .

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  3. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

I want a grappler (not wrestling) character that has a wrestling stance, effectively a neutral stance. Not open or closed. He would still have open and closed but an optional neutral stance where he had different combos available and it added a weight class for combo purposes and always took the lesser of open/closed combos. i think this would be neat.

4. What do you mean? It already has 3 different wrestlers taka,blaze,wolf. I'm just having a hard time figuring out what you mean. Really not trolling just don't know what art your referring to.

5. charleypk222

yea your right about Sarah's she a mix of everything i forgot , but maybe a pure Taekwondo no punch only kick and some flying jump kick :) about capoeira i`m not so hot because i hate so much the character fighting and rolling on the ground always , i feel is cheap and a bit unfair because you can not make juggle vs something already on the floor :(

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  6. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Silat character using a sash/belt would be a great addition.

Jason Elbow likes this.
  7. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Pure Taekwondo would have punches, as Taekwondo has punches.

Jason Elbow likes this.
  8. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

i want capo in VF6

Edit : it was a troll OF COURSE

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    Jason Elbow likes this.
  9. charleypk222

your funny :) sorry i never want to hurt your pride here, everyone know pure Taekwondo have no punch this is why they are failing in k-1 and need to learn boxing , i hope you will dont hate me because i`m not agree :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKC3qRflVTg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4dpoSQWsE0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL5Cy33RWLo
    all these video are well know champion , i dont really see 1 punch touching from Taekwondo champion , just go watch k-1 grand prix(open kick boxing style) i follow this from the 1990

10. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Borrowing from Korean 태권도 (跆拳道, taegwondo), from 태 (tae, “to kick or destroy with the foot”) +‎ 권 (gwon, “to punch with the fist”) +‎ 도 (do, “way”). Hence, taekwondo is loosely translated as "the way of kicking and punching".

Maybe make the character w/o arms?

MarlyJay likes this.
  11. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Thanks Tim you beat me too it.

@charleypk222 no worries bro. You're wrong, but it happens.

Ellis and charleypk222 like this.
  12. JSM

JSM Active Member

PSN:
    JSM_9999
    XBL:
    JSM9999
    yea, don't confuse the martial art with the sad lame sports version you might be thinking of

13. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Thats too complicated. Open and closed stance combos are already hard to eyeball in the heat of a match and you wanna add a third? Nall bruh.

14. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Dont forget Goh and Aoi. They are also considered Grapplers of sorts. And to a certain extent Vanessa.

15. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    You do know Taekwondo also has fist attacks right?

16. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    I agree. Mabe they can bring back Silba like they did Taka. Mabe make Silba a Silat user. I dont think i've ever seen a Silat user in fighting game before.

MadeManG74 likes this.
  17. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Silat would be an excellent choice.

18. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

I like the idea of Siba being a Silat user.

19. Dive2Blue

Dive2Blue Well-Known Member

Since Jean was one character made by AM-2, the production team should break the series cycle for new fighters by adding a three instead. Hopefully, AM-2 would bring in women that are a boxer, a sambo wrestler, or a hung gar fighter.

20. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Sambo would be too close to Vanessa wouldn't it? She already shares a lot of moves with Tekken's Sambo master, Dragonov.

And Hung Gar is Kung Fu. Please no more kung Fu!!

GustavoHeisenberg likes this.