1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6 Character Ideas

Discussion in 'General' started by rebelleon, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Dive2Blue

Dive2Blue Well-Known Member

The two crafts bear some sameness since they had their start with judo. Better to have two or more judo based fighters than one.
    Chinese martial arts are an inevitable though the series could use a fighter that does hapkido, yoseikan budo, or taekkyeon.

2. GustavoHeisenberg

GustavoHeisenberg Well-Known Member

* Dural needs a personality and she could stand to look more womanly - sexy body.

* Lion needs a personality upgrade but I think it's cool and subversive having him.

*Jean is okay, rather he needs more mean looking that aren't chargeable - as Akira is Ryu, Jean is Ken

I don't like fugly vanessa - sorry no

3. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    *sees fedora in avatar*

Uh oh, sounds like someone's been cleaning their room recently.

34558580_10155707356417183_5413244817008230400_n.jpg

4. GustavoHeisenberg

Well I mean it subverts convention, usually jeetkunedo or praymantist practitioners are Asian - but in both cases those guys are white.

5. GustavoHeisenberg

Well I mean it subverts convention, usually jeetkunedo or praymantist practitioners are Asian - but in both cases those guys are white.

6. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Errm, No. This is simply not true. Not for Jeet Kun do.

I don't really see why the fighting style a person does should have anything at all to do with the race of nationality of the practitioner.

7. Adamay

Adamay Well-Known Member

A Boxer
    Muay Boran/Lethwei practitioner
    Taekkyon master
    Taekwondo character
    Mongolian Bokh wrestler
    West African Lutte Traditionel character
    Sambo character
    Bolivian Tinku brawler
    Tai Chi master
    Indian Kalaripayattu fighter
    Capoeira fighter
    Silat practitioner
    Krav Maga character
    Savate character
    Wing Chun character
    Sanda character

Black Tiger Of Death likes this.
  8. emperorshadox

emperorshadox Well-Known Member

PSN:
    emperorshadox
    XBL:
    MasterOshokhai
    VF6 Needs

1) Butterfly fist (Old shaolin monk, maybe the Abbot ? Lei Fei's master)
    2) Wing Chun
    3) Eagles Claw
    4) Tiger Claw pupil (Lau Chan's secret son that no one knew he had).
    5) Capoiera
    6) Taekwondo
    7) Kempo

The possibilities are vast.

9. I'm new here so if my ideas have already been mentioned, I sincerely apologise.

Perhaps a middle eastern character (I have tried researching on Google Islamic martial arts). I don't want to get in a debate or argument, it's just good to have diversity in the games.

An Israeli Krav Maga expert.

A Thai kickboxer who does Muay Thai Kickboxing (again, I'm new so I apologise for any inconvenience).

An English boxer. A lot of men in England, especially London practice boxing. I would suggest a bare knuckle fighter but I think that type of fighting is actually illegal.

An Aikido fighter (A friend of mine was a professional and high top student in this). It's quite unique.

Judo (a relative of mine is a black belt).

I'll come back if I can think of anymore.

Tricky likes this.
  10. Wow! Amazing, you know martial arts really well, I'm impressed with how many suggestions you've come up with, I only know six that you've listed & I'm obsessed with martial arts.

11. Adamay

Adamay Well-Known Member

Thanks. The possibilities are very open for SEGA to explore. I think it is a great opportunity to attract a new generation of players. Here are some ideas for the characters of the styles I posted:

A Boxer: It could be African-American, Mexican-style or UK or old Bare Knuckle style. If he is Mexican he could be related to El Blaze. He could be his rival or an ally to seek advice for his grappling.

Muay Boran/Lethwei practitioner: We already have Brad but not sure if he is branded as a Muay Thai practitioner or Kickboxer. This is why it would be nice to see a South East Asian character of these styles and have a story linked to Brad Burns. If he is a Lethwei stylist he must use headbutts! It's the art of 9 limbs!

Taekkyon master: An unique style that hasn't been explored in any fighting game or any videogame period. His story could be related to the Taekwondo character and J6. A masked Korean master that was left burned by the evil corp J6. Have him seek revenge through Jean Kujo and Goh. He could use a traditional Korean folk mask to hide his burns and identity as a vigilante. Something similar to this design:

Taekwondo character: A K-pop idol with conflicted dreams of winning an Olympic gold medal, military service and being enslaved by the J6 Entertainment branch in Korea. K-pop fandom will make SEGA millions. Dyed light blue or pink hair and early Beatles haircut is a must.

Mongolian Bokh wrestler: A frustrated bokh wrestler that he didn't get selected to get into a Japanese Sumo stable unlike his brother who got accepted. He kept being the best in Mongolia but always having the chip on his shoulder than being "less" than his successful brother in Japan. He could be linked to Taka-Arashi who mentors or rivals his brother. Mongolia has a lot of successful Sumo wrestlers because of their base in Bokh.

West African Lutte Traditionnelle character: A true West African wrestler that has links to J6 for exploiting his village and/or has some relation to France since Africa has been vastly colonized by it so Lion and Jean Kujo could be related to him.

Sambo character: Just don't call him Sergei or Ivan. Russia has other cool names such as Oleg, Vladimir and Dimitri. A paratrooper inspired of Fedor or this badass:

Bolivian Tinku/Peruvian Takanakuy brawlers: This could be an unique opportunity to represent such styles in a video game. A true Aymara or Inca descendant from the Andean Plateau. These fighters are stimulated by alcohol. He could a similar drinking system as Shun Di. Imagine a Machu Picchu stage.

Tai Chi master: Master of Tai Chi is a great movie.

Indian Kalaripayattu fighter: The second coming of Bodhidharma. The Indian Buddhist monk that introduced Buddhism to China and founded the Shaolin temple. Somehow link him with Lei Fei.

Capoeira fighter: There needs to be a Brazilian in VF

Silat practitioner: A rare style never seen in a video game

Krav Maga character: A deadly Mossad agent with a rivalry with Siba/Majid and J6

Savate character: Another French character linked to Jean and Lion? Linked to Brad in the kickboxing/k1 circuits

Wing Chun character: A badass practitioner like in the Ip Man movies

Sanda character: Another character connected to Brad in the kickboxing/k1 circuits

Puroresu character: A Japanese Pro wrestler that could complement Wolf Hawkfield (American style) and El Blaze (Mexican style) His moves could be inspired by the legendary wrestler Hayabusa but instead of a peregrine falcon (which Hayabusa means) it could be modeled after the crow, one of Japan's famous birds. There's tengu in Japanese folklore called Karasu Tengu which is an anthropomorphic crow. The Japanese National Football team logo features Yatagarasu, the three legged crow

Guest characters (Must have somehow a realistic martial arts style and setting otherwise it would be a Fighters Megamix or a Super Smash Bros) Capcom and Street Fighter do this all the time with Final Fight and it works. These are all SEGA characters.

Segata Sanshiro: Because it would break the internet in meme proportions and attract old die hard SEGA fans to VF and casuals because it's the Asian Chuck Norris!

Yakuza character: The most successful SEGA franchise would boost VF in popularity and sales

Shenmue character: Bonded by AM2 there must be at least one character and bring the fans together.

Streets of Rage character: A way to promote both franchises Streets of Rage 4 and VF

Shinobi character: Hardcore SEGA fans would freak out if they announce the best Ninja in video game history. He could have a storyline with Kage Maru

Reworked characters

Siba/Majid (sounds more Arab than Majido) : Bring back our boy from the Middle East! I know you listen to the fans when we asked for Taka to make a comeback.

Jeff (the American military guy): Change his generic military look and change his name because we got our Jeffrey.

Takeru (Early Akira): He looked cool too! I know you can make something cool out of him.

12. Adamay

Adamay Well-Known Member

We have the Mantis Lion, the monkey Eileen. Next will be the snake and the eagle?

13. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

How about:
    Tiger Claw kung fu, or Drunken Tiger Claw kung fu.

I will admit, Tiger claw kung fu, would most definitely fit Lau.

14. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

I didn't know there was such style. Can you please post a link to some video? thanks :D

beanboy likes this.
  15. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Sure.

These are the best ones I could find.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZTUIvITWdo&ved=2ahUKEwi7rc2sj6PhAhVNm-AKHcAKAl8QjjgwAHoECAUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3Gkra-fLs4aGOz97tphu5s

And wow! Here is one, called shaolin Tiger Fist.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UfDsebQPc8&ved=2ahUKEwi7rc2sj6PhAhVNm-AKHcAKAl8QjjgwA3oECAEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0ye2rurdoMxu4Xi25wO_Zp

But the Tiger Claw forms, I'm speaking of, look close to these and are
    supposed to have, lots of low stances and an aggressive look to it.
    With lots of claw hand movements and grabbing movements.
    Trying to find those forms, are kinda hard to find, on the internet.:p

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  16. Adamay

Adamay Well-Known Member

Many franchises are plagued with many clone characters with similar movelist . To avoid this VF can take their own twist by introducing sub-styles of the main style they branched off that make them distinctive from one another, for example:

Okinawan/Shotokan Karate
    Jean is clearly a Kyokushin knockdown karate stylist so they can introduce another brand new character based on Shotokan or Okinawan styles. For those who don't know Shotokan stylists stance is sideways.
    [​IMG]

Old school Bare knuckle prize fighters and Inside/Outside boxers
    Bare knuckle boxers have a clearly distinctive guard. Inside fighters a.k.a. the swarmers like Mike Tyson are also clearly distinctive to the old schoolers and the outside fighters a.k.a. the stylists such as Muhammad Ali and Mayweather Jr.
    [​IMG]

Taekwondo WTF and ITF
    WTF TKD that you see in the Olympics is clearly different of their ITF counterpart. Old school WTF had some brutal ko power kicks but barely use their hands, nowadays they have more emphasis on speed without power to score faster and ITF stylists are more balanced with their kick and punches. Their stances are different too. While both styles stand sideways WTF fighters tend to don't use a guard with their hands.
    [​IMG]

Pro wrestling. North American/Mexican/Japanese.
    We already have two of the representatives of North American and Mexican style. We could see a Puroresu stylist from Japan. It could be outrageous like Hayabusa or Shoot oriented like Antonio Inoki, Funaki, Sakuraba.

"Kickboxing" Japanese, South East Asian, French, American, Chinese
    We have Brad credited as a kickboxer but he clearly uses more of a Thai style on his emphasis on elbows and knees. I would really like to see a South East Asian character alongside with their stage Ayutthaya. The clear differences between Thai and American are notable. American style have heavy emphasis on boxing and kicks above the waist while below it are banned. Japanese style is a mix between karate and muay thai a perfect example of this is K-1. Masato and Tenshin Nasukawa are perfect examples of Japanese kickboxing. French have Savate which is similar to the American where they only kick with the boot or shoe. The Chinese have Sanda which incorporates many throws from Shuai Jidao. Burmese kickboxing called Lethwei is similar to Muay Thai's mother art Muay Boran which is bare knuckle.The art is related to other forms of martial arts found in other parts of the Indian cultural sphere including Musti-Yuddha in India, Pradal serey in Cambodia and Tomoi in Malasya. Lethwei in Myanmar headbutts are allowed. This is the reason it also known as "The Art of 9 Limbs"

Folk Wrestling, Bokh, Lutte, Glima, Catch, Yagli gures
    The West African region has an umbrella term from the French colonialism era called Lutte Traditionnelle. Known Laamb in Senegal, Boreh in Gambia, Evala in Togo and Kokowa in Hausa areas of Nigeria and Niger.
    Bokh is Mongolian wrestling where Shuai Jidao, Judo and Sambo have influenced from.
    Glima and Kragkast are Nordic folk styles from the vikings.
    Catch is a very famous form of English folk wrestling with submissions and rival of BJJ. Famous practitioners in MMA are Kazushi Sakuraba and Josh Barnett
    Yagli gures or better known as oil wrestling is a Turkish form of wrestling first introduced in a videogame by Street Fighter 4. I would love to see VF's take on the style. It could have a different mechanic such as Shun Di's bottles. It would be interesting how the devs deal with the slip mechanic with the throws.
    It could go on and on but I think these are the most particular styles.

17. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

The street kung fu... with savage hits and crazy throws.

Yeah a character just like in the Yakuza or Street of Rage games.

18. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

I'd like to see Wolf incorporate more 'shoot' or amateur wrestling into his move set tbh. Some chokes or hooks/submissions seen by guys like Suzuki or Inoki or the Pancrase promotion style.

19. Adamay

Adamay Well-Known Member

20. Adamay

Adamay Well-Known Member

Make a BJJ character based on Rickson. He already is part of VF history.