1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6 Character Ideas

Discussion in 'General' started by rebelleon, Jun 21, 2016.

1. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

We need a savate fighter.

2. Adamay

Adamay Well-Known Member

3. beanboy

I know the south east asian oriental countries like Indonesia, Cambodia etc, have a good handful of martial arts. I know about Muay Thai, Bokator and Silat. But wooah! Some of them I've never heard of.

Thailand – Muay Thai
    Cambodia – Bokator
    Laos – Muay Lao
    Malaysia – Silat Melayu
    Indonesia – Pencak Silat
    Myanmar – Bando
    Singapore – Singafist

One thing I've always noticed, is that talking together about Virtua Fighter and martial arts, can be so amazing. It's like they go perfectly, hand in hand with each other. And you learn so much about martial arts, that you didn't know before.:D

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  4. Adamay

Adamay Well-Known Member

5. beanboy

@Adamay
    Taek-Kyeon looks like, it was originally a tribal korean martial art.
    The dancing part was a giveaway. And some of movements, and the way some of the moves were performed, kinda remind me of drunken kung fu.:)

6. Adamay

Adamay Well-Known Member

A reincarnation of Bodhidharma looking for Lei Fei to see if the Shaolin Monks preserved his teachings. It also be a great way to attract the Indian subcontinent demographic as potential competitive players.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  7. beanboy

Gasp! The power of bodhidharma!:eek:

Those are some nice pics and vids, you posted there.:)

8. Adamay

Adamay Well-Known Member

Shun Di's friend

beanboy likes this.
  9. beanboy

Nice documentary.:)

10. Adamay

Adamay Well-Known Member

Goh's rival

11. Adamay

Adamay Well-Known Member

Time to conquer the Korean market!

12. beanboy

Wait,.....Yungmie didn't make it to that taekwondo list? :holla:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  13. Adamay

Adamay Well-Known Member

Yes she did in the first video!

14. beanboy

Okay. Thanks for telling me.

15. SHIZNICKMASTA

SHIZNICKMASTA Member

Assuming another VF ever comes out they should really make a legit boxing character. The sport is on a nice uptick and a boxing game has not been on the market about as long as this series. Other fighters have implemented boxers but they always do some very unrealistic and ridiculous moves. With VF always trying to pay homage to the original fighting style I feel they could make a fantastic representative. It may even pull in some of those boxing fans who have been disenfranchised.

16. Adamay

Adamay Well-Known Member

Majeed aka Siba the first Arab character in a fighting game way before Rasheed and Shaheen can be the boxer since there's no unarmed distinctive Arab martial art.

There can be multiple boxing stylists since there are countless of styles of the sweet science. Outside fighters, inside fighters. Orthodox, southpaws etc.

But yea boxing in traditional fighting games such as SF and Tekken have unrealistic representation like spinning attacks and stuff something that in boxing you'll never see since it's a banned move.

17. beanboy

I think if they make a boxer, they should make a boxer, who can kick also.

Like for example, the character can be a pro level boxer, who like any other boxer, normally uses his fists. The majority of his moves, can involve punches.
    But, to compete with Akira, Jacky, Brad etc and the numerous martial arts styles, in the game, he uses a few basic looking kicks, low kicks and sweeps also. The kicks don't have to be fancy looking, but good enough.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  18. FatalRose

FatalRose Well-Known Member

I’d like to see a Cai Li Fo (蔡李佛)character.
    Hung Gar
    Xingyiquan
    Piguazhang
    Baguazhang- all that circle walking would make an interesting play style.

Give Jean Kujo karate moves from other karate styles like Shotokan, Goju Ryu, etc.. instead of just mainly Kyokushin

I also like the idea of having male and female versions of all the characters. Puts more emphasis on character customization/creativity.

19. beanboy

Shun Di's mysterious student.
    After 18 years, I say it's about time we all see who he is, and his drunken style too. Since he is, Shun Di's student.

Thesch28 likes this.
  20. beanboy

A rich girl princess who does kung fu.:p