1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6 Character Ideas

Discussion in 'General' started by rebelleon, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

a Wing Chun character, a Brawler (thug or mafia) , and a Boxing Champ.

2. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

I feel like the brawler trope is already filled by Goh and Jeffry. I feel like boxing is covered by Brad, but agree that Brad's boxing could be expanded a little.

3. Sonic The Fighters

Goh is Judo !

Brawler would be a guy like Kiryu or Majima.

Brad is Boxe Thaï or Kick Boxing !

A real old Boxing Champ with a mustache would be sick ! An expert with almost 90% of punches only.

4. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

I got an idea.:holla:
    A Virtua Fighter version of Dudley from Street Fighter 3? That would be sick!:holla:

Sonic The Fighters likes this.
  5. Thesch28

Thesch28 Well-Known Member

Maybe but that could end up helping the misconception of VF characters just being Street Fighter ripoffs...

Sonic The Fighters and beanboy like this.
  6. beanboy

Aye. Good point there.

7. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Yes, but how specific do we have to get? Goh uses a LOT of brawler, street fighting moves, ditto Jeffry. I don't think we need to take from their identity any more.

As for boxing, boxing is a great martial art but I feel that Brad covers it so well already. I could see them adding a more 'pure' boxer, but what would you give him? Brad already has slipping and weaving and traditional boxing combos. If you added another boxer would you have to take that away from Brad?

I suppose you could say the same about Wolf and El Blaze, and that worked out okay so who knows?

8. FlawedFists

FlawedFists Active Member

PSN:
    FlawedFist
    I know I haven't been here in awhile, but something I thought would always be cool in if VF is if it had fake out moves similar to the fatal fury real bout games and the fake out or feint moves could reduce frames to allow for more creative combo possibilities or make combos that aren't possible possible.

9. Sonic The Fighters

MadeMan, you can do a lot different things than Brad with pure boxing.

sparing jab, the hug throw, a dancing stance with the feet (Muhammad Ali), a jumping punch, a real uppercut launcher, a back punch as full circular, bit the ear...

And also a classy Mafia Thug would be sick in VF, or give us Kiryu in VF6 and solved !

10. beanboy

Since people like Kiryu so much, my suggestion would be, to take Kiryu, change his backstory a bit, and make him a J6 hired mercenary thug/or former J6 mercenary thug, turned rogue.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  11. Sonic The Fighters

Not happening, Kiryu is the good guy lol.

beanboy likes this.
  12. beanboy

I know. But that is why he turned rogue.:p

13. FlawedFists

FlawedFists Active Member

PSN:
    FlawedFist
    couldn't the Yakuza be secretly affiliated with j6?

beanboy and Sonic The Fighters like this.
  14. Sonic The Fighters

Maybe if they have kidnapped Haruka :eek:

beanboy likes this.
  15. beanboy

:holla:

16. gido

gido Well-Known Member

Rant

If we do get a VF6, I pray the characters are interesting. Ever since VF2, some of the legacy characters lost their appeal and became cringe worthy annoying..notably Lion, Wolf & Jeffry. I wished for their VF2 VAs and designs and not their lame VF3-5 ones.

And the newer characters like Brad, Goh, Eileen and Vanessa just seem like they were rushed with no real care of design and personality. They're a few characters that look good doing their respective fighting style; Lei Fei, probably one of my favorite new characters. Jean, even though he's a bit on the generic side (his stance is good at least) And El Blaze, great character for VF.

Brad needs a more distinctive fighting stance. Make him bop around rhythmically like a real Muay Thai Fighter, hes's too stiff. His strikes too are similar to Vanessa Lewis who is also just another generic character. Her Vale Tado doesnt fit her. I can see her more like a cqc character (close quarters combat) just think of Solid Snake or look at this video..

Judo is an interesting fighting style but they were doing it wrong. First to make Judo even work it has to have lots of strike > throw links. A Judo fighter is essentially a grappler. Goh's playstyle must be based on this but it's not. It's just a couple of very basic but vicious strikes with some aggressive throws here and there.

Eileen has potential but needs a better stance. It needs to be wild. I mean shes acting like a monkey..other than that she's good.

End Rant

With that being said, as for freshly design characters I'd like to see a Wing Chun and pure Tae Kwon Do. Sarah has the flamingo stance but shes too much of a mixy martial artist. Boxer is always a good choice, and a Sambo fighter is long overdue.

17. GustavoHeisenberg

GustavoHeisenberg Well-Known Member

Somebody said that Virtua Fighter has "fighters" not "characters", if the person you propose doesn't expand the game's fighting mechanics taking a niche. The suggestion is by virtue useless unfortunately.

18. Adamay

Adamay Well-Known Member

All the styles mentioned in this thread are being announced as new characters for Tekken 7. Wing Chun, South Asian Muay Thai practitioner. No doubt they'll do Taekkyon LOL

beanboy likes this.
  19. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    I believe all of the fighters in VF represent some aspect of either real martial arts, or the fictional martial arts from the movies. A mafia thug(brawler):eek: there are a lot of other martial arts, or quasi martial arts they could add to VF without having to resort to brawler:(

Leroy's Wing Chun for Tekken, Leifeng's Taichi, and Mila's MMA from DOA are examples of styles that would enhance the VF roster as opposed to detract from it.

Tekken has devolved into just a bunch of brawlers. Their matches are getting uglier and uglier. Namco even had a whole game Urban Reign that was all about brawling and thug life. VF has always been a showcase for martial arts or quasi martial arts and the beauty of the human movement. I think we should let Tekken have a monopoly in the brawling space. However, VF could easily add:

• Wing Chun
    • Taichi Quan
    • MMA Mixed Martial Arts
    • Tae kwon do
    • Chinese Kenpo
    • Xinyi Liu he Quan
    • Southern Kungfu
    • Sambo
    VF has always represented the best of the best. Beautiful styles, beautiful movement, beautiful graphics. VF is the gold standard of video game martial arts and quasi martial arts. VF's World Martial Arts Championship is the ultimate test of martial arts skill and represents the zenith of video game tournaments. The whole brawler thing would be retrograde. And besides, Goh, and Vanessa have a little brawler tinge to some of their moves. Jean is an assassin. Goh is an assassin. They've got the bad guy kick ass thing covered;)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  20. beanboy

@masterpo
    Speaking of tai chi, I have always wondered, why is it that VF doesn't have a tai chi character yet? DOA has Lei Fang.

Note to sega: Sega please stop lapsing, and put a tai chi character in VF6. It's for everyone's good health. Lol!:D

masterpo likes this.