1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6 Character Ideas

Discussion in 'General' started by rebelleon, Jun 21, 2016.

1. I.M. Amazon

I.M. Amazon Member

PSN:
    TDR_Zunga
    A "proper" boxer would be an intriguing prospect. Much like Tekken's Steve, it would be an opportunity for Virtua Fighter to experiment with its control scheme.

As for the apparent overlap with Brad, I would anticipate a character more in line with Fatal Fury's Axel Hawk, rather than more modern characters like Dudley or Steve. A larger, longer-ranged slugger would be fairly unique.

Braveheart likes this.
  2. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    And AM2 TaiChi animations , mixups, inashis, sabakis would look dope.:ROTFL:

beanboy likes this.
  3. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

How about a taido fighter?
    But wait, maybe they could incorporate taido, in Aoi's fighting style. Because strangely enough, she kinda looks like a taido fighter.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  4. beanboy

We need some more Korean fighting styles.

5. beanboy

Big idea for Sega/AM2:

Put a Hatsune Miku look alike Jpop singer, who is a martial artist taking part in the tournament, to stop J6, because they tried to sabotage her music career, ruin her concerts, and tried to turn her into a Dural.:holla:

And if they do that, VF6 will gain tons of new comers, because of her story, and the fact that she looks like Miku. Tekken has nothing on this idea.:cool:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  6. Futaba

Futaba Member

PSN:
    OGC
    A J6 female agent with the style of Assassination/Koppojutsu (similar to Nina/Anna Williams). Make her a super lightweight, but a glass cannon at that.
    Give her combo enders that knock opponents into the air and slam them into the wall for decent damage.
    Give her a wall splatting move that can be fast inputted for better speed and property. Make her able to wall splat for a second time
    Also give her unparalleled mobility with the ability to jump off walls (like Kage)
    Execution heavy character, but rewarding, like Akira

7. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

Sarah Bryant is already the "J6 female agent".

And Nina Williams is the copy.

beanboy likes this.
  8. beanboy

Exactly. And Sarah is a more full complete character, than both Nina and Anna put together.

Glass cannon? Interesting idea.
    But that's more of a fake depth thing, for cartoony fighting games, like Tekken, Mortal Kombat, SF3 Third Strike and Street Fighter 5. If they did something like that in Virtua Fighter, then Virtua Fighter wouldn't be a Virtua Fighter game anymore.

SNK
    did that glass cannon thing with Yuki in Last Blade 2, and Last Blade 1 fans, still hate SNK up to this day, for doing that to their poor waifu girl Yuki. Like literally.

Sean and Ibuki in the SF3 games, are good examples of glass cannon. They were cool in SF3 New Generation and SF3 Giant Attack 2nd Impact, and SF2 critics found them cool as well. But capcom decided, to make them both, crappy boring glass cannon characters, in SF3 Third Strike.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    Sonic The Fighters likes this.
  9. beanboy

How about a Samoan wrestler fighter?
    And he can have, all of the tribal tatoos and stuff.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  10. beanboy

A Korean Taekwondo girl, with a fancy hairstyle.

11. Amir Hamza

Amir Hamza New Member

12. beanboy

Nice article.

But the article in some places, seems to be more focused a bit, on the pop culture and movie renditions of real martial arts. Also, I don't agree with having a stick fighter in VF. That will more fit wacky games like tekken, or even better, Soul Calibur or Fighters Megamix 2.

But good article though. It's very well written. I like the fact, that it includes a variety martial arts, already mentioned in this topic.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    Amir Hamza likes this.
  13. Amir Hamza

Amir Hamza New Member

Yeah I wanted the ideas to be realistic or stand out by referencing real people or pop culture because fans from the same country will appreciate the references or it jusr adds more flavour or character besides just the nationality and the fighting style from said nationality. I also tried to include links to rejected concept characters and arts (like street fighter V had two disgarded ideas) and also archetypes that Virtua Fighter hasnt used yet like a Boxer, dance fighter, giant, celebrity expy character. But I put a spin on it to make them stand out like the boxer practices Suntukan or the Celebritiy fighter is not a Bruce Lee clone or Johnny Cage but is a Bollywood star based off martial art actor Vidyut Jamwal.

14. beanboy

RAMBO!:p

Oh wait,....Heck no!:holla:

15. Sonic The Fighters

A pure boxing character where 95% of his moveset are only punches would be great in VF !

beanboy likes this.
  16. beanboy

A boxing character where 95% of his moves are punches?

Franco Bash confirmed.:p

17. Sonic The Fighters

I'm also hype by KOF15 btw (y)

beanboy likes this.
  18. beanboy

Me too.:cool:

19. beanboy

A space man that does cosmic kung fu.:ROTFL:

20. JED-VF3

JED-VF3 Active Member

PSN:
    Shun-Di-VF3TB
    i want a conventional kickboxer like Ernesto Hoost; but as long as Shun's in the game idc who the new characters are :LOL:

beanboy likes this.