1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6 Character Ideas

Discussion in 'General' started by rebelleon, Jun 21, 2016.

1. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

A big muscular buff UFC dude, with a Mohawk who wears shades. Yeah I know, this goes against my style of characters.:p

2. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

I want Blaze Fielding as Canon in VF just like Capcom did with Cody in SFV. Actually i think that Sega should really do this with Street Of Rage characters, at least with Blaze and Axel, two of the best fighters characters of all time in VG history.

3. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

I'm generally against crossovers for VF, but wouldn't mind if they had a meaningful martial art and unique playstyle to add.

SSfox likes this.
  4. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    YES!! I've wanted Axel Blaze and Adam for ages. I think a joined up Sega universe would be sick. Even if it's just cameos. Think of the lore

SSfox likes this.
  5. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

I would love a new Fighters Megamix for this reason. I loved the AM2 focus of the first, but a broader range of characters would be cool.

6. beanboy

Yeah, those Streets of Rage characters, might more suit Fighters Megamix, but that idea of putting them in VF is a good idea though.

7. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    I'd like to see a wrestling ring for El Blaze and Wolfs stage that you can interact with. There's a ton of cool stuff they could do like El Blaze doing the 619 or maybe the frog splash from the top ropes. Or Wolf could climb the top ropes and do a chokeslam or something.

8. beanboy

Maybe a Japanese girl, who is a Taido Fighter. Even though Aoi has the look of a Taido Fighter.:)

9. beanboy

Similar to Pepsi Man, but for kicks, let's do better. How about a hidden secret joke character, that I came up with, called Cola man/Sega Cola man. He was an experiment (human or machine?:holla:) similar to Dural, who destroyed numerous J6 labs with Shun Di's mysterious student, and then escaped J6. He then did his own thing, and willingly became a mascot for a fictional sega cola brand. Since he looks like a person, wearing a liquid Pepsi man type suit costume, he hides in plain sight as a sega cola mascot, easily eluding J6 agents everytime they search for him.:ROTFL:

And in arcade mode, when certain conditions are met, everytime you encounter and beat him, you unlock more Sega Cola man customization accessories, for all the VF characters.:p

Last edited: May 30, 2021
  10. Adamay

Adamay Well-Known Member

Before Tekken does it put Lethwei the art of 9 limbs

TexasLion likes this.
  11. gido

gido Well-Known Member

If this VF5US is truly a testament for an eventual VF6, unique & various fighting styles is a must & would be a breath of fresh air...

One thing I'll take back on my previous post here was the fact that the newer characters, post-VF3, Brad and Eileen specifically, were all generically more or less uninteresting through either designs or gameplay reasons. For the gameplay, Eileen's Monkey Kung-Fu and Brad's Kickboxing prowess were extremely great fighting style additions to VF much like the Praying Mantis was. I just used to think it was implemented wrongly. But I was wrong in this regard. The problem was designs were just too generic. For the next VF I would like a bit of style back..

Goh I'm still not a big fan as his judo style doesnt blend well in a fighting game. His gameplay should be entirely different with just the basic strike necessities, adds a bit of diversity towards the roster and realism with the actual martial art. Something to replicate his strikes should be fast & aggressive like these clips:

https://youtu.be/1BmDS8IxSaM
    https://youtu.be/GPHv1Z7U7co

Just thinking of Goh to be this fast and aggressive as Donnie Yen would've made me main Goh, but he's plays more like a savage brawler to me..not much of a judo practitioner..if he's a brawler say that.

Still not a fan of "whitewash" Vanessa either, I think the two character in one is just not necessary? Sticking to one style as a close quarters combat soldier would've suit well enough for being diversive. Plus her design and personality isnt really appealing to me I rather much preferred VF4 Vanessa always..I would love for them to give back Vanessa darker skin tone and make her and Lion have a more muscular frame but I'm asking for too much at this point..

For new and old characters, I'd like more of a casual approach to their costume. No more karate gi uniforms..that goes for Jean and Goh

I honestly dont think VF needs a boxer. There's more of a representation like that in Brad's Kickboxing. Not trying to group those art styles in the same category, I just would like to see something more unique and innovative within VF as its always been. Maybe some styles from Shaolin vs Wutang (I think I would've liked a 3D Fighter of that game now that I think about it.)

I've come to a realization that VF also shouldn't really add guest characters. Just focus on creating 3-4 more new characters instead. Maybe add Streets of Rage as cameos, a Blaze costume for Sarah, Axel costume for Jacky (that'd be nice). Or paying more homage in the background of other franchises like they did with the graffiti of Jet Set Radio, I love that shit! These are the things they did right in VF5US. Dont forget your old games Sega!

Oh and bring back Siba!!!!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021