1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6 (General Discussion)

Discussion in 'General' started by def, Jul 22, 2011.

1. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

Rick,

I normally enjoy your posts but this is just so full of wrong, I disagree with most of what you said, let me break it down:

1. Bringing back old system/moves: why? change is good. They have to try new things , otherwise we will be stuck in the past forever

2. 6 new characters? LOL I dont know where you got that from. SIX! thats an arbitrary number...why not 4 or 10? why six? you know they normally bring out 2 new characters, why all of a sudden 6?

3. VF5 selling poorly because of El/Ei...how? why? (edit:I dislike eileen, but Blaze is awesome! but still, they are completely original characters that dont play like any others in VF or in any other game I know). VF2 a success because of Shun&Lion? can you at least provide some sort of link/quote/something? it seems a bit random...where did you get this idea? banking success on the 2 new characters? by your logic, FS/R banked their success on Taka/Jean...but arcade rankings for characters clearly show that old favourite Akira & Jacky are still the most popular...despite that both undergoing substantial revision.

I agree with you that a new character should be introduced. I also agree that Jean was a worthy introduction to the VF cast,

But FS/R did not bank their success on Jean alone. Jean is a nice addition to an already substantial game. IMO adding new character for the sake of it would be akin to SC5 moving the game forward 16 years so that you can have a new cast of characters that play more or less as the old ones...no thanks, IMO it looks stupid and doesent really add anything to the game.

2. El_Twelve

El_Twelve Well-Known Member

I've got a lot of ideas for VF6, but I'm sure most of them stink, so I'll just write a little bit.

I'm wondering how Goh's fighting style will be handled. It was originally Judo, but since VF5 he's gotten so many more yakuza style brawling moves that he's not really a Judo character anymore. Japanese players who are Judo fans have been complaining about this for quite a while, and I would probably like to see Goh's style changed to garyu(own fighting style) while a completely new Judo character is added.

Of course, the problem with a new Judo character would be the exact same problem Goh had in VF4 Evo - Lack of strikes.

3. Jigohro

Jigohro Well-Known Member

He's always had that brawling going on. His strikes look self-taught because they are, judo doesn't teach them. Even the ones that look "proper", of VF4Evo fame aren't part of judo syllabus. Even many of his throws weren't "clean", with kicks, strikes and that ridiculous "pump" (3P+G, was it?) in which the opponent was falling in the entirely different direction than the throw was leading, before Goh stomped on their backs.

I personally think Goh's "evolution" turned out really good and "believable", when he started he seemed quite stiff but with many nice and clean throws, but he ends up losing his fights, so he keeeps on adding more moves to his repertoire that are pure brawling, but making use of his physical training for judo. As time goes on he gets more and more used to fighting, so he relaxes and finds more ways not only to punch and kick, but to incorporate throws in more situations (punch combo to oosotogari for example). I really like that.

Goh's judo was never "clean" (Evo's 3P+G, his both circle throws, tsukami 44P+G, 66P+G - all stuff that would get you DQ'd in a second), and his strikes were not judo either. If you're saying he's "not really a judo character anymore" because of headbutts and wild kicks, then I could say he never was a judo character in the first place because judoka don't do shoulder rams and there is no knee strike in ooguruma. The trend is simply kept in VF5FS... he's just more relaxed.

If anything, I want them to change his 2/8K+G's name from "de ashi barai". It's OBVIOUSLY sasae tsurikomi ashi, dammit [​IMG] !

4. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I always thought throw chains after a break would be a cool thing for grapplers.

For example:

Aoi vs Pai

Pai attempts a throw, Aoi breaks

Aoi inputs a throw during break animation and goes straight into a throw

Pai can attempt to break,

If this was a 50/50 throw option with a reasonable amount of damage it would be cool.

Of course a grappler doesn't need to do this, they could just not do the throw chain.

Grappler vs grappler could roll about trying to throw forever until one of them gets the throw or chooses not to throw chain.

If the damage from a throw chain was, like, 35 damage it would be a nice enough addition to warrant going for.

Grapplers would be Aoi, Wolf, Goh, Blaze, Taka, maybe jeff.

Any comments? I always thought it would be a fun and interesting addition. Especially if each direction of the chain throw (make it [4] and [6]) would throw the opponent in those directions allowing for a positioning mindgame to be worked in.

5. Richkwondo

Richkwondo Well-Known Member

First of all,it's Rich,not "RicK". And as far as the new throw system being great. With all due respect,please jump down a flight of stairs and bite your tongue when you land. The new throw system is terrible, but I will tolerate it because the striking system is so awesome. B,FP+G doing 60 pts for Jacky is freaking crap. I don't work for Sega and I don't have to kiss their ass and say every decision they make is perfect and wonderful. Who wanted Jeffrey's Splash mountain removed? Are you high?. Change is not always good. In this case it downright sucks. Do you have any idea how mind-numbingly boring it is to have almost every standing throw be BFP+G FFP+G or F,BP+G? It homogenizes the characters. In the long run its a bad Idea. I never said anything about Jean,and FS is obviously just an expansion, not a sequel so why are you even trying to shoehorn that into my logic? We are talking about sequels here,mmmkay? Sega didn't bank squat on Jean, that's why we never got "R" in the states,so what are you even saying?

The thing is my opinion is my opinion there is no "wrong". Just come up with your own ideas for what VF6 should feature rather than picking some else's ideas apart.

My opinion on why VF2 was a success just comes from my personal experience playing VF2 and VF3 in the arcades and
    making observations about the general public's reaction. It's subjective. Nobody said "Oh, the new characters being unpopular was the sole reason for VF3 and VF 5 not doing as well as VF2. It's an academic point that new characters are selling points for sequels . I shouldn't have to post a link or site a source for academic points. Common sense would tell you that's a factor. I can think for myself and don't need to cite an article or publications that backs up my opinion. Frankly you asking me to post a link to back up my opinion is just retarded.
    My views on what VF6 needs are pretty meager and conservative compared to some others. For the record, I actually liked El Blaze as a character,even his goofy voice ,and used him as a sub character. I was just implying that most of the general public didn't give him such a warm reception. The new Characters in VF4 and Evo is where Sega got everything right imho.

Please for the love of God no more 12 year old girls,or mimes or circus clowns. How about some serious formidable fighting game archetypes. And since asking for a story mode or cinemas is blasphemy here, how about making 3 new Boss Characters be 3 of the six new characters. Make them playable,just Like Balrog,M. Bison, Vega and Sagat. At some point Judgement Six has to realize that the Dural project was a bigger waste of money than the $70 million spent on Shenmue development. SIX is a nice round number of new characters to ask for. 4 is not enough , and asking for 8 seems unrealistic considering Sega's track record. Considering every other fighter has nearly 40 characters or more,that isn't asking for much.

6. Lygophilia

Lygophilia Well-Known Member

I would like something more creative in the future, because I'm a little tired of not seeing that. Hoping that this isn't the furthest the series can be, because it's just like other much older on-going fighting games that are a bit too similar to it's predecessors. I may withdraw from this as well, if it doesn't meet my expectations. I will still make some use of time with the current version, when it comes.

7. JackyB

JackyB Well-Known Member

I was thinking about new characters that AM2 could add a few nights ago. What came to mind was that they have a lot of the martial art styles of the world already represented and I had trouble coming up with 2 fighters. What I got was Boxing and Taekwondo. Making six new fighters with a major martial art to represent would be a huge undertaking in just coming up with them, not to mention the amount balancing and changes that would have to be made to the rest of the cast. I would like new characters maybe, three would be doable (Boxing, Taekwondo, Capoeira).

I don't know, would like to hear some other style that could be used?

Btw, I like Eileen thought she was a cool character with a interesting style and El Blaze is alright too.

8. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I'd like to see AM2's take on capoeira.

☆

9. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">Rick</span> Rich

I guess I should have asked you who those "people" were that didnt like Taka/Aoi to the point of damaging VF3 success...I thought you meant "people in magazines and websites" or something, but you meant people that played with you, fair enough.

Similarly,about El/Ei being part of the reason being underwhelming...I thought maybe you had a good reason to say that as in a kind of feedback from VF5 players...but I see now that you are just talking about your subjective experience. In your opinion, they are underwhelming, and this is one of the reason you think VF5 sold poorly. OK. I didnt understand what you meant.

But its just speculation right? I mean, lack of promotion is more likely what affected VF5 sales on xbox, and Sega seems keen on not repeating the same mistake. My opinion is that whatever VF6 will be like, Sega needs to be promoting the game properly like they are doing with FS. that is the only way the game is going to be noticed by the FG community.

6 new charaters, just in case some are hit or miss? I dont know, maybe its better to concentrate on 2 fully fleshed fighters rather than 6 half-baked. this is VF we are talking about, not SNK or Namco. A fighter is for life, not just for christmast.

10. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Jacky, did you edit your post to include Capo?

11. nou

nou Well-Known Member

The characters to be at least the level of the CG portraits from VF5, as far as looks in detail.

Return of MTEs - Give Grapplers 6 directions, Hybrid 5, Stikers 3~4. The most MTE inputs allowed are 3 inputs, so going down the latter the throw game gets at most gives a 50/50 depending on how proficent you are with throw breaks, while having to deal with hast high/mid/low mix-ups from strking chacters gives you some leeway when dealing with throws.

Characters

Boxing a mix between pro and street/dirty

Tae Kwon Do

Jiu-jitsu fighter with Gi specific moves as well as non-gi specific moves

Krav Maga

12. JackyB

JackyB Well-Known Member

No, why?

13. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Cause I could have swore it wasn't on your list and that's why I mentioned it.

Never mind I guess [​IMG]

I know twp does capo and I remember him talking about it on shoutbox once said there was a lot of capo stuff that you don't see the likes of tekken's Eddie doing. I always thought it would be cool to see what am2 would take from the martial art.

14. El_Twelve

El_Twelve Well-Known Member

Thanks for the Judo info there. Just a note that I know practically nothing about Judo. I just like the style.

I'm fine with Goh's character evolution, but he's pretty much gone from being a judoka who mixes in brawling techniques to a brawler who mixes in Judo techniques. I like the improvements, but I was more wishing for a grappling monster. Someone commented on a thread a long time ago during VF4 that with Judo, it should be that if Goh grabs you, you're in big trouble(something to that effect) and that's the way I would have preferred Goh to evolve, even though I like Yakuza Goh as well.

15. Solidus

Solidus Active Member

So basically what have we all gathered from the many brilliant suggestions offered up for a Virtua Fighter 6 game so far..

Virtua Fighter 6

System

- "VF4's system and VF5's fluidity of movement", "Previous VF stages with a bit of mix to them", "Include old stages or redesigned ones", "Include old stages or redesigned ones such as the aquarium stage from VF4, the palace stage from VF4, Sarah's Subway stage from VF3", "3D multi-platform levels - Akin to Virtua Fighter 3!"

- "Some ending cut scenes"

- "VF4evo like tutorial, Kumite and challenge mode".

- "The ability to escape wall damage attacks".

- "Dural; Less powerful and more playable version of Dural with balance changes. Only have the C.P.U. version be far stronger than normal".

- Faster gameplay and control response.

- A "Tag Battle" mode which hasn't been seen since VF3.

- Option to include motion blur.

Options/Customization (for Console and Arcade additions of VF6)

- Guitar remixes for all the series music.

- BGM (Back, Ground, Music) from all previous VF games including new tracks made for a VF6. Remix versions also available in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound.

- Option of choosing multiple colours for each VF character in their various A, B,C and D outfits.

- Bring back the trainable AI partner.

- Advanced achievements and trophies earnings.

- Release of VF6 on consoles (disc based). Game gets patched with revisions and new versions (rev1, ver.a,b,c,etc) SAME DAY as arcades.

- Release of VF6 2nd edition in arcades

- Prefer if they were to speak their actual language(not just the Westerner's speaking English & the Asian's speaking Japanese) with subtitles.

- Collectors edition with great figures included of sort.

- Full replay system for all games modes.

- Promo videos of all versions of VF4, VF5 (there's been alot) and those that VF6 would naturally carry as well.

- For any home console release. Have a mode where finally you can have a 'Vs Mode' and not be restricted at all by a "Ring Out" via removing it and allowing the fighters for once to fight all over the stages beautiful backgrounds with no exceptions!!! Call it a; "No Holds Barred Mode" as such.

With few boundaries.

Characters

- Fighting styles for new additional VF6 characters; Tae Kwon Do, Krav Maga, Kuta, *Pro wrestling or Amateur freestyle (If a female wrestler was added into VF6?*), MMA, Professional Boxing, Jiu-jitsu.

- "Gauge/Meter" to also combat the effects of tiredness and counter the pressure of using many powerful special moves in succession.

- Always buff VF characters and don't weaken them in favors of others unnecessarily.

- "Include the VF1 test character "Siba" to finally debut as official VF character in VF6."

- New VF6 characters possibly coming from different countries like; England, Puerto Rico, Holland, Egypt ("Siba").

- Clothing damage.

- Maybe have characters sweat in hot environments.

Thats more or less what folks have raised up so far as creative ideas generally for a VF6. Should the sale and online game playing of VF5:FS be off to a great start in the months ahead. It would be great to see this thread's best concepts all be correlated into a pacific 'list' of major and necessary; essentials, to be handed over to Sega if there were rumors of them having a VF6 in development for real and they wanted actual fan/player input into the game just like we're all theorizing in this thread for example.

And i definitely like what everybody else has come up with so far. I'd certainly like to see these ideas grow into something that'll be pass onto somebody at either Sega/AM2 or whomever which would have all the wonderful suggestions on here be seriously considered for any future development on a supposed VF6, should the release of VF5:FS on X-BoxLive/PSN pretty soon warrants any positive attention to it down the road.

[​IMG]

16. Righteous_Dream

Righteous_Dream Active Member

Virtua Fighter is a very strong game, but I think it lacks content/interaction.

Ghost battle - (being able to download ghost data.

- More in depth tutorial

- More interactive story please. I always wondered what the hell was going on in arcade mode. Who's Dural? How are the characters involved in the story/with eachother. I had to find this out from wikipedia.

Not really concerned about graphics, I still find VF5 one of the most beautiful 3D fighters out.

- This isn't really a big issue for a lot of people, but alot of the characters have corny voice overs. Lion's my main and my ears bleed everytime he say's "I'm Twice the man I used to be". The voice overs sound like they were recorded in the 70's which doesn't help.

- More interactive stages? Doesn't necessarily have to be super interactive like DOA stages. Something other than wall and RO's that players can use to their advantage.

While the netcode in VF5 is superb, the online department itself is lacking.

- Allow lobbies say... 1-5 players max.
    - Players should be allowed to select characters, stage, and music prior to match.
    - Host can train while waiting for players to join lobby.
    - Mutiple players = online sparring?

17. sibarraz

sibarraz Well-Known Member

Even tough Story is trivial for competitive players, is an very important pint to attract plaers, one big problem with VF is that you will never feel attached with one character background unlike games like KOF or Tekken with stories which you know why they are fighting

At least Virtua fighter needs a bit of that to cater some western fans imo

18. xTank_Girl

xTank_Girl Active Member

I want them to hav real stages like in VF3 pre made rings i love wolf stage from VF3 more stages like that

19. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Since VF2 two new characters has been the norm for VF.

I enjoy the small roster compared to other games. For me, adding just two more characters in VF6 would be a step towards overkill. Just look where SC ended up with it's frivolous attitude towards characters and roster size [​IMG]

Also, no thanks to gauge/meter.

20. FrakimusGrime

FrakimusGrime Well-Known Member

No... screw the gauge meter. leave that in capcom games