1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6 - Menu Example Mockups And Ideas

Discussion in 'General' started by Ellis, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    [​IMG]

Link to the other menu-screenshots:
    http://imgur.com/a/2LAEN

(Draft V2)

Good evening VFDC.
    I just wasted a day - which i could probably have spent doing something else - creating a first draft of a Menu-Mockup for how VF6 could have looked if the options and modes where added to my personal wishful thinking.

Perhaps it is out of the long-winded longing for the next game in the series,
    but also i think it is easier to visualize some of my ideas this way, instead of creating a long wall of my thoughts.

This will look a bit rough, as it is a first draft,
    but i hope some fancy the general idea.

I have tried to make the menus as self-explanatory as possible,
    but if there are any questions marks i will try to explain my reasoning.

Also, any ideas of what do add or remove are welcome.

So, what do you think of my time-waste of the day fellow community?
    here it comes:

(V2)

http://imgur.com/a/2LAEN

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
    celsowm likes this.
  2. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    No customization? No online/offline replays? No spectacor mode?

PReP, you are not taking this seriously! :D

3. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    Hah!, wasted so much time coming up with the settings that i forgot to actual add a customization-thing, and replay area.

I also thing i will try to give a go at doing the menus of the sub-menus too at a later time, and fixing that which you mentioned :p

4. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    These looks awful.

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    What qualify them as good, as we are speaking here menus for VF, right?
    ... right?

Ellis likes this.
  6. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    To be honest i even if i spent some hours trying out the initial design-ideas,
    i am not totally satisfied either.
    But it was harder then i anticipated to think out a good flow for the menues,
    and where to place what. also they are just a rough ideas at best,
    and do not server a greater purpouse then mirror my wishful thinking.

I prefer constructive input though, even if that might not be YOMI-style ;)
    (no hard feelings, just a shallow reflection) :)

I will keep adding to them though, just to have something nerdy to waste time with.

Also, quite frankly, the VF5FS menues are not a pretty sight either in my mind,
    even VF4 looked better menu wise.

But luckly, i am _not_ working on a real thing here, so this is not how it would have looked with a team behind them. : p

7. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    Updated the Mockup VF6 menus up at the top-post,

Have tried another general look, and fleshed out the settings, aswell as added some sub-menus. Will see what i visualize next, now i need to be doing something more active for a bit : p

8. daRockReaper

daRockReaper Shadow Hammer MADNESS Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    Man I wish I had my computer I kinda want in may have a different vision in mind though Especially since my main desire for VF6 is online quest mode

Ellis likes this.
  9. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    Online quest-mode sounds interesting, how do you see that working?
    I added offline-quest mode as a menu alternative, but i haven't come up with a design/flow idea for it yet.

I think next up, i might do my "Player Profiles / Player Profile Settings" Idea.

10. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    (Now also updated with some text explaining the more odd menu-choices and whatnot, at the imgur link.)

11. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    Update with a Player Profile Idea and sub-menu:

[​IMG]

1. It is supposed to be like an ingame thing, with username, personal comment, shows the most used char (by a percentage), a snapshot of your prefered customization, win/loss ratio, and area, at the moment​
    2. It would also be searchable, you could look up other people by nickname, and you could also set what you would want to share/display and what not.

(And the full current collection of menus is here: http://imgur.com/a/2LAEN)​

12. daRockReaper

daRockReaper Shadow Hammer MADNESS Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    I have some ideas for online quest mode Pretty similar to offline quest mode just maybe 8 arcades, 4 worldwide where rank/skill takes priority in matchmaking, 4 local where connection strenght and consistancy states priority Within both sets a 4 there's a players/casual arcade, a beginners arcade, an intermediate arcade, and an advanced arcade (honestly could just be 4 with a preference request everytime you entered the Arcade). There could be a mass chat between matches (voice support outside you and your opponent is a bit too much) and a spectator mode to see other matches a learn similar to a real arcade.

There will be tournaments in each arcade once a week to allow admittance into the next arcade, bonus ranking points or special arcade titles or something cool like that. Maybe weekly or biweekly tournaments that everyone can enter. From one serious double elimination a month, maybe 3 other creative tournaments like an enduro elimination style where a player with the least rounds won after each match or maybe 5 mins is eliminated and you keep going until one remains, or team tournaments, or even the one hit round tournaments from the VF5 quest mode. Just an idea for now but seems fun to me

13. celsowm

celsowm Well-Known Member

- Stage configuration:
    -- day or night
    -- weather (snow in wolf stage?)
    -- size (like vf1 & vf2)

14. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    All these are good ideas thus far, and i have sort of a similar idea in mind then daRocks, though not as an online storymode.

I will see if i get time around to flesh out more of the menues in a few days, now there is either real life stuff, or actual playing of VF5FS that craves my time :)

Thanks for the inputs so far, all of ya'