1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6 will need a WORLD TOUR free roam mode like Street Fighter 6

Discussion in 'General' started by faster 10 lightning, Jun 13, 2022.

1. faster 10 lightning

faster 10 lightning Well-Known Member

https://jp.ign.com/street-fighter-6/60367/interview/63

Street Fighter 6 will include a WORLD TOUR that is inspired to Shenmue, where you can free roam "metro city".
    It's not a simple extra, but the new standard for "content" for next gen fighting games.

Now Virtua Fighter 6 could not be released bare bones with just an arcade mode and the online, not if they want to succeed on the market.

So is if finally time to embrace real single player content, story, "Shenmue mode" etc.?

VanguardBronze and masterpo like this.
  2. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

I will admit, as I saw the world tour mode in SF6, the first thing I thought was Shenmue. They should have done that world tour thing, since VF4, or the first version of VF5. I wouldn't be surprised if AM2 had that idea many years ago, but the idea was somehow scrapped.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
    masterpo likes this.
  3. faster 10 lightning

I remember many many years ago when Virtua Fighter Quest was just a rumor, I always imagined it as a Shenmue like game.

Honestly this could be the next gen version of Quest mode, where you actually move in a 3D world to find new matchers, advance the story, battle online etc.

beanboy and masterpo like this.
  4. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver Well-Known Member

They have the blueprint already, and Ultimate Showdown is on the Dragon Engine - just make a Yakuza-lite free-roam mode where you walk around and challenge people at arcades around the city. But SEGA is so unbelievably inept I wouldn't be surprised if this thought never crossed their minds.

VanguardBronze likes this.
  5. faster 10 lightning

Exactly!

In their case it's really a matter of "copy-paste" since they share the same engine and they can even re-use many assets from Yakuza / Judgement games.

Capcom instead have to make everything from scratch.

GreatDeceiver likes this.