1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6

Discussion in 'General' started by EvenPit, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Thesch28

Thesch28 Well-Known Member

Nothing is going to happen, the only thing that's confirmed is Battle Genesis (the slot machine)
    You know.. VF5FS exists on consoles mostly thanks to VFDC members who made those big waves of comments saying port VF5FS to consoles, i wonder if something like that could happen nowadays, the only bad thing is that if a port ever happened like that it would most likely be a low budget port with missing features from the arcade and the entire customization system made into DLC :V
    Either way i think You guys are 100 comments too early for VF6.

2. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

It's 100 pages, and it's not too early.

VF5FS is from 2011, the last version of VF5 from 2005.

LOL at people who think VF6 will not happen...

If you think that SEGA will give up his legendary IP, with an univers and gameplay as solid as VF.

a 3D fighting game as unique and well made as VF, with a godlike roster, where everything is already on point.

It's a matter of time for one of the best games (top 10 for sure) of SEGA.

The hypocrits "olol i would be happy with a port of VF5FS" ...

First off you can already play VF5FS on Xbox One, then if you REALLY want that game, PS3/X360 + VF5FS today is ONLY $80.

So the best version of the game + the console = $80.

Who care of a port of VF5FS in 2020, that's not the kind of thing that will make VF has 10k players online.

Yes it's better than nothing, but stop people acting like VF6 is not possible and that a VF5FS port is the best thing in 2020.

All the VF & SEGA fans have already this game since long time ago, that would change nothing.

Virtua Fighter will come back.

3. Thesch28

I personally want an arcade perfect port of VF3tb with online :V or VF4FT.
    Either way i would rather see good ports, we never know if a new installment could be a mixed bag of bad and good.
    SEGA has dropped a lot of good things, do you really think they're just gonna keep taking risks with VF just because of its gameplay and legacy? Think about
    If a new VF ever happens SEGA really needs to step up their game and actually compete especially on the console market most VF games aren't that good on console, that needs to change PS2 VF4Evo already set a good foundation but no VF after it has tried to expand upon those concepts.

4. Sonic The Fighters

We are not 1998 or 2004 anymore but 2020. btw VF4evo is also on PS3.

Maybe a VF collection with 4k and online features, i'm ok.

And what do you mean with VF games aren't that good on console ? Or when you say it can't compete cause SEGA needs to step up their game ?

Virtua Fighter has always been the best 3D fighting game, and it always gots better and better with time.

in fact VF5FS is still better today than any 3D fighting games.

5. Thesch28

I'm just saying VF is usually a bit lacking on the extra content on consoles FS is a good example of this not to mention features like customization items were made DLC unlike Vanilla 5, I wouldn't agree with VF getting "better over time" It just changed slightly from time to time dropping some concepts and introducing some new stuff, some of those changes might not appeal to everyone. (the only thing i can agree with is that VF is probably the best when it comes to good character balance at least since 3tb)
    by ''SEGA has to step their game with VF'' i mean they should put a lot of effort into making a good experience on console so they can look better than the competition while not following trends, that and the fact that they should work really hard on the game's presentation and graphics, maybe a presentation like VF2.

by the way that VF4Evo emulated port on PS3 is terrible, apparently it lags a lot on almost all stages.

6. Sonic The Fighters

If you don't see how VF gots a lot better over the time you are wrong.

It didn't changed slighty, it has evolved perfectly.

Who care of extra features (Tekken 7 has not even a replay mode wtf and sold 4 millions !), it's a fighting game not a RPG or something, we just want to fight.

Virtua Fighter 6 will have better graphics of course...

VF5FS is just like a DLC/new season of VF5, an old game with a 3D engine from 2005.

7. Thesch28

If 5FS was DLC then you wouldn't need to buy a brand new game with missing gameplay modes from the past revision, just saying.
    Tekken 7 is an absolute disaster when it comes to features to help the player improve but has succeed thanks to its visuals, marketing, and focus on casual play with extra modes that are a distraction from the main game (most of those are quite pointless but most casual players really like that kind of thing)

Virtua Fighter is great but sadly it isn't the kind of game that would appeal to many, not many appreciate a game which tries to sell people mostly on gameplay as the main focus even if it's very refined.

8. Sonic The Fighters

Yes VF5FS is just like a DLC.

It's not a brand new game with new art style, new stages, new costumes, new 3D engine... The game didn't cost $60.

And all VF games did pretty well, it doesn't have to change for people who come from Tekken, DOA, or SF at all.

Like no way it has to change for the sake of change.

You don't need to appeal anything when your name is Virtua Fighter, a legendary and respected fighting game.

Just give us a new game from 2020 years.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    beanboy and Thesch28 like this.
  9. Thesch28

"You don't need to appeal anything when your name is Virtua Fighter a legendary and respected fighting game." VF is a great series which has innovated a lot but VF in general doesn't have the brand power series like Street Fighter, Tekken, or Mortal Kombat have.
    for example have you ever seen a VF related video on Youtube with over 1 million views?
    (there's only one and it's just a scene from the anime with a clickbait thumbnail)

Virtua Fighter has been absent for long enough to make a huge number of people forget about it, The King of Fighters is a cool series but many people don't know much about it outside of Central/South America, and JP but sadly VF has it worse! I assume this issue could easily be fixed with a new entry followed by GOOD Marketing by SEGA, just releasing the game and expect it to be successful while putting minimal effort into trying to appeal to a wide demographic and also advertisement just because is VF sounds silly, not only that but Virtua Fighter is a weird name for most.

Talking about marketing It was funny how SEGA tried to sell VF4 as "The best fighting game ever made!" that reminds me of "Blast processing" both of them sounded cool, and funny.

10. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Yeah. I think that is what scares me too.
    I am really hoping, VF6 will be a good game, and not a bad mess.

Thesch28 likes this.
  11. beanboy

Yeah, you have a point there.

But, speaking of weird names. T......E.......K.......K.......E.......N.
    That spells Tekken. Even to this day, gamers still laugh at that name, because it sounds silly and stupid to them. Worse, moreso at the gameplay and mechanics, of that game. But because of sony's help/overhype and marketing, it helped make the Tekken series, despite it's odd as heck name, a household name. Moreso for Sony fans.

Sonic The Fighters and Thesch28 like this.
  12. beanboy

Sega must have probably said to themselves,...

"Let them hit 200 pages,"

....and then we'll announce something.:ROTFL:

13. Sonic The Fighters

If you're thinking about explosions and flashy effects everywhere, about a rage art, a bar meter, a comeback mechanic, ... for VF ?

Just no :love:

Thesch28 and beanboy like this.
  14. faster 10 lightning

faster 10 lightning Well-Known Member

wow 100 pages :D
    I understand that Sega AM2 it taking their time to actually figure how to properly evolve the series (well the could just ask the genius Yu Suzuki for advice or better leave him direct VF6 and save lots of time), I don't think current AM2 has the ability to do something different from a simple "more of the same" of Final Showdown with new graphics).

What I don't understand is, why Sega can't try to make another fighter meanwhile?
    Just make Fighters Megamix 2, you can sell it for all Sega characters (Sonic, Kiryu, Ryo Hazuki, Daytona car, Sakura etc.), while reintroduce also VF characters.
    And it would be great even with resuing the VF5 graphic engine.

Or also making other fighting games like Fighting Vipers 3 or Last Bronx 2, those two were masterpieces.

But when the time will come for VF6, they should stay on their path and not follow the current trends that want fighting games as "games as a service", with inconplete roster, incomplete fuctionalities, full of season pass and dlc otherwise kids says the games is dead.

The only concession that should be made for casual gamers are additional single player modes (a story mode, an rpg mode etc.things like that).

Sonic The Fighters likes this.
  15. beanboy

I have been saying the same thing, for a long time now.
    Gamers like guest characters and cross-over fighting games? Cool!
    A Fighters Megamix 2 is a good idea for that. Especially in an age (well not really), of guest character fighting games. Speaking of Fighters Megamix 2, they should have released one years ago, for the dreamcast.

I really miss those two fighting games. Especially Fighting Vipers.
    At least Fighting Vipers 2 was on the dreamcast. But European and Japanese dreamcast owners, were the lucky ones there. I play Fighting Vipers 2 PAL version these days, on reicast emulator. It's alot of fun.:D

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  16. beanboy

Yep. Exactly.

But if stuff like that, had to be in the game, it would more suit Dural though.
    I mean, she is a cheap, overpowered, supernatural, silver female liquid Terminator.:p
    But keep Dural far away, from rage arts and comeback mechanics, because she is already too cheap and OP. And we don't need her to be super OP.:ROTFL:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  17. Thesch28

No i'm not, Screw that! I'm not insane.
    I'm just saying a bigger focus on presentation and extra content for both competitive and casual players alike should not be ignored.
    Also marketing needs lots of effort put into it.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    beanboy and Sonic The Fighters like this.
  18. beanboy

They need to put a cool story, and endings in Virtua Fighter 6.
    Because from reading the stories of the characters, in the VF game manuals, you can definitely see, that VF has a really good story. I'm still curious to find out, who Shun Di's student, the one who infiltrated J6 is? I wonder if that student, will appear in VF6?

Thesch28 likes this.
  19. Dragonps

Dragonps Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    Thought I would stir up the more hardcore VF players on the website and ask a question that I don't see anyone else asking (if they have I apologise)

What gameplay system elements can be ADDED to a potential VF6? I'm not talking modes or features, I'm talking fighting mechanics.

Right now we have a plethora of tech to use with VF5FS but what, in your opinion could improve the system if at all?

As a hardcore player have you ever played VF5FS and said something like "damn I wish the system let you do this"

I'll probably be crucified for saying this but my idea would be for "armour" moves. Moves that can absorb one maybe two hits before they connect. Maybe for throws but that's just my silly idea.

Mister likes this.
  20. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

I can't remember if I wrote something like this but I always wished for a revamp of the wake up mechanics... something like you have to work your ass off to get back on your feet. Shun di and Vanessa have something that could be standard. I always imagined that every character will have ace up their sleeves while being down. A muay thai practitioner could use all the ground attack they have, jeet kune do also has some technique that could be used while on the ground. Wolf could try to catch a coming hit and try to do a figure 4 or something else. The examples could go on forever, imagination is the limit, but the key point is GET RID OF THOSE UGLY MECHANICS FROM VF1... PLEASE SEGA.