1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6

Discussion in 'General' started by EvenPit, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

just to throw it out there, there already are armor like moves like taka's qcf P to name one. Something I'd like added is a hitbox viewer in realtime because some shit is just bonkers, especially when it comes to combos.

2. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

As @Tricky said, these moves kind of exist already in Final Showdown. You could count Wolf's RAW as well. I don't mind them, as long as they make sense and are sparingly used.

This is an interesting idea. I think it would be interesting to see a dynamic of being knocked down and making it harder to get up, similar to how you have to 'fight off your back' in MMA or in grappling combat.

I think it runs the risk of becoming too much of a sim or making the game too one-sided but it could work. On a similar note, I wouldn't mind seeing some more grappling based play beyond just throws and throw breaks, but again don't know how and if it would be a good idea to implement it.

3. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Dreamiestboat
    XBL:
    tehmarcerer
    The only thing I can think of for more grappling-based stuff that would fit in with how the game works right now would be for characters like Vanessa and Wolf to have something like catch throw transitions on grounded opponents. Vanessa being able to switch from the mount to side control, north/south, etc. and have different throws coming from different positions, with the defending player being able to block the transitions via throw tech as normal. Don't know how worthwhile that would be, though.

4. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

I was planning on doing this for a long time. But I think, I'm going to make an account on segabits, just in case any special VF6 related news, appears in that topic/site.:)

PS: This pic was posted on page 98, for anyone who wants to know.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  5. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

-crouch stagger
    -more moves counterable on block
    -p(ch) guaranteed throw to ensure correct light weight power potential.
    -sabaki that has bad recovery if not timed right.
    -sabaki that doesn’t have physical hit if not timed right.
    -Less safety/options for player in a disadvantage situation.
    -Tighter restrictiveness on moves that crush.
    -no more Taco Bell stages.
    -All in all, creating consequence for actions to make players think before randomly just acting. It should avoid today’s current trend of whiff, crush, and safety resets.

Also, if your requiring a new system tool perhaps look deeper into traditional arts. Shikaku could be the accent to sabaki. This is the opponents blind spot after successfully sabaking. I’d imagine their are quite a few technical areas like these in martial arts. I’m only referring to aikido tech.

Sonic The Fighters likes this.
  6. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

lol uncle Tim is back.

What do you mean by crouch staggers ? Just like a 2P or a low ?

I would like better and different animations to each characters on wake-up.

I hope you was right for VF6 twenty twenty !

7. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Remove all staggers from the game please sega. Thanks k bai

8. Sonic The Fighters

I like staggers or i don't care. VF community doesn't like staggers ?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  9. MadeManG74

He's just trolling Tim, because Tim thinks the staggers from crouch are really important and a fundamental part of Virtua Fighter.

beanboy and Sonic The Fighters like this.
  10. Sonic The Fighters

i've seen people saying they don't like VF staggers ?

Staggers are in previous VF and in a lot of fighting games.

11. Thesch28

Thesch28 Well-Known Member

I want the ability to run when facing away to return, Wall attacks would be so much better and less situational if that comes back.
    I also want crouch staggers to return, i also would like to see more movement options.
    I also want the streamlined movesets gone (keep all the cool iconic stuff!) I would like to see that 3 throw direction stuff from FS gone too but if it stays at least don't remove so many throws try to keep as many of them as possible (i don't want all the cool stuff removed)

Those are the things i want to see (by the way let's remember most of the time Fighting Games aren't sold by gameplay but instead by their presentation and extra content these have)

MadeManG74 likes this.
  12. beanboy

Staggering in VF should stay.
    VF always did that staggering thing better, than other 3d fighting games.

Sonic The Fighters likes this.
  13. Sonic The Fighters

Staggers and also the throw system... I don't agree with Thesch28, i think this throw system is perfect, and it makes VF unique.

WolfKing likes this.
  14. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

I had a few rounds of VF4 Evo on the PS2. How the heck does that game still play good ? It alos looks good.

Smart thing would be to release the game on next gen.....

beanboy likes this.
  15. beanboy

16. Thesch28

Thesch28 Well-Known Member

What about releasing an arcade perfect port of VF4 Final Tuned with all of its features intact plus all the features from the PS2 port of VF4Evo Plus online?

MadeManG74, beanboy and masterpo like this.
  17. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Yea, Hell yea

beanboy likes this.
  18. beanboy

@Thesch28
    Yeah. That would be really cool.:D

19. MadeManG74

Come to think of it, the new streamlined moves were probably partly due to all the new animation work for VF5FS.
    I'm guessing they could build on it for the new game to bring in more moves. I prefer they keep 3 way throws, but they could still do more animations if people wished for it.

20. beanboy

Yeah!!:D