1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6

Discussion in 'General' started by EvenPit, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Iwazaru

Iwazaru Active Member

Ain't Sega already bought... by Sammy in ~2004.

beanboy likes this.
  2. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

They sorta merged and SEGA took care of video games side of business. So what you see is still the 90s SEGA.

Well, this article is planned for next week. It's not that much for a wait. But I am certainly not expecting anything VF related at all.

3. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

@SSfox
    I just read the article. Okay, so it's not dreamcast 2? Oh man!:cry:
    Hopefully whatever it is, it won't be disappointing.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  4. Thesch28

Thesch28 Well-Known Member

"Big Announcement" and "Something revolutionary" PFFF SEGA? Revolutionary in 2020? Ha! yeah right! like if that was even possible.
    What's next? Konami becoming a beloved company again?

beanboy and Ali like this.
  5. VF2011

VF2011 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    M-F-B
    beanboy likes this.
  6. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

I honestly can't state it better than you.

Sums everything

7. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

If it's tech related, and revolutionary I'm actually thinking it's something that's going to be like a streaming or other integrated service. I wouldn't be surprised if it's some way to bridge arcades and home and mobile together. Don't forget they merged the arcade and home divisions earlier this year already.

Ali likes this.
  8. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

I was actually thinking of a similar thing in regards to arcade, but then I just can't see this as being revolutionary.

One thing tho, if it's an arcade thingy one series in my mind could serve the best to illustrate that.

9. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

The fact that it's tech makes me think it's probably arcade related, since Sega isn't really playing in hardware anywhere else.

SSfox likes this.
  10. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

I want VF6 more, like waaaaaaaaaaay more than Dreamcast2. There are already consoles in the market that are super great and awesome, without mentioning the PC option for those interested (not my case but).

But there is nothing like VF in the market.

I think it's a good timing to show a New VF, historically Sega always like to show a new VF game with a launch of a new generation of consoles, so who knows, maybe it's finally it.

Also there is supposedly a PS5 event next week, so what if VF6 will be shown here? (Maybe i'm dreaming too much here? but yeah can't help lol)

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    beanboy and Sonic The Fighters like this.
  11. Iwazaru

Iwazaru Active Member

12. beanboy

:ROTFL:

As long as they are holding, the Bloody Roar franchise at ransom, they will get no love for now.:p

@everyone
    As strange as this sounds, I wonder if it could also be a new Sega VR thing, or something related to it?

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  13. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

I am actually sorta thinking about what if Sony adopted VF6 exclusively for their console and threw a bit of their marketing for it... That's would be the hit that brings the series back mainstream. Sorta reverse situation with Tekken.

14. JCnextinc

JCnextinc Well-Known Member

If SEGA still in the hardware business we already had Virtua Fighter 7.
    ^^. How can you imagine a new SEGA console without vf ?

15. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

In a sens, yeah, but i can't see Sega investing in a console gaming when they already struggle to make actual games.

If Sega is making a hardware thing, i think it's more likely to be an Arcade cabinet, while i can't see what innovative they can do in that matter in this day of age, but who knows, Sega has been very innovative in the past when it comes to Arcade, maybe even the most innovative, like ID Card for customization, stats and cie for your character in VF4 ect

Whatever they announce, i don't care cool for them, i just want a new proper VF game (Like everyone here i guess)

16. Adamay

Adamay Well-Known Member

17. beanboy

@Adamay
    I just watched the vid. Despite not being a fan of most of those games, except for Killer Instinct and Samsho, it was interestingly nice to watch.

Them Fightin Herds. Strangely, I'm glad to see that game there.:ROTFL:

18. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

Sony revealing their console on June 4th. I think the guy must have mistakenly thrown Sega's name instead of Sony

19. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

I wonder if Sega announcement has something to do with PS5 reveal.

They said it's hardware thing, and we know it's unlikely for Sega to do a new console.

But before going into that called "innovative aspect", Something also to keep in mind, i'm not saying it's VF6, but IF it's VF6, so there is high chance it will have an Arcade release, so in other words, VERY LIKELY that Sega will showcase a brand New Arcade Cabinet. So a new hardware. (as we know, new VF games always been monsters and very advances in graphics, so always need brand new Arcade Cabinet with edgy hardware capacities)

So what if...

Bandai Namco tekken 7 been the first fghting game ever to use online in infrastructure in Arcade cabinet, that was innovative when it comes to Arcade Market.

So what if... Sega is planning to release a new Arcade cabinets, with powerful hardwares, and not only uses online, and it's most importantly online crossplateform with consoles, imagine Sega will release VF6 on both Arcade and PS5, and it will be crossplateform, that will be something innovative and never done before. All this followed by VF6 announcement.

Tbh i though about it back for T7 what if the game could be cross online with consoles and Arcade, obliviously it never happened, but with more advanced technology there's no reason it can't happen.

If the guy was serious about the announcement being related to Sega and it's a Hardware thing and is also innovative, having Arcade players and consoles players playing online each other is the only thing that come to my mind as is right now as innovative thing.

But yeah, let's hope it's VF6.

20. JCnextinc

JCnextinc Well-Known Member

If it's a partneship with Microsoft why SEGA shouldn't be able to handle the console with XBOX harware..? What more money do you need ? Elon Musk money? :LOL:
    Come on...
    The rumors are getting bigger and bigger and it would be a smart move for Xbox that never made it in Japan.
    It would be a win win. Last chance for xbox to conquer Japan. Next step to get in another level.