1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6

Discussion in 'General' started by EvenPit, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but did SEGA consoles always perform better in the west than in Japan ?

And if that's the case I fail to see a rebranded Xbox selling just because it has Sega on top.

Also, it's not like Sony is doing hot in Japan. The Japanese market as a volume is so smaller compared to the US and Europe. It's just not worth it.

2. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

You're absolutely correct. This rumour is silly.

3. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

Based on some insider that Sega thing has nothing to do with Microsoft.

And about this whole Sega console thing i don't care much tbh, just give me VF6.

EDIT; New 6th Sega anniversary tease:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  4. MadeManG74

Sega has filed a patent for something touch-screen related.
    Probably an arcade game idea.

http://segabits.com/blog/2020/06/02...creen-technology-that-learns-from-the-player/

This might be it;

5. VF2011

VF2011 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    M-F-B
  6. MadeManG74

7. VF2011

VF2011 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    M-F-B
    It's most likely going to be arcade hardware, just not related to VF.

8. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

9. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Mister likes this.
  10. MadeManG74

This will probably make more money than VF6 ever would, don't be silly.
    Also I highly doubt it's the AM2 dev team that's working on this either.

11. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Surely AM2 would have to be involved if the idea is to use the processing power of arcade machines, as the most popular arcade titles from sega are all AM2. They've also innovated in the past with networked games in arcades such as Border break haven't they?

12. MadeManG74

I don't think they would be, considering this is cloud/fog computing, I don't think that the game developers themselves would have been involved. I could be wrong.

13. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

OK so I have this interesting question that probably will have no answer but it's just in my mind for long.

Why hasn't a single journalist/media outlet /random gaming person ever asked a Japanese SEGA's developer/ representative straight about VF6 ? Like Satomi's set of interviews, people keep asking about Sonic and sometimes Yakuza + other more stuff that are more forgotten than Virtua Fighter but never ever Virtua Fighter ?

It's funny, cause a while ago before Ed Boon's account became a place where idiots gather to ask for DLC and bitch about Sindel's retcon like the idiots they are, he used to be very approachable about his projects and time and would give endless hints and interesting stuff behind the scene.

I know it's probably not only SEGA but a universal Japanese development studios culture where it's hard to get information or hints/behind the scene stuff. I just find it interesting that never ever not even once I came across somebody asking SEGA of Japan about Virtua Fighter.

Which leads me to ask, how interested are the Japanese gaming community about Virtua Fighter ?

14. MadeManG74

I can only guess that people only ask about a series they have information on already or have been led to ask? I know that even guys like Harada and Ono regard VF very highly, but I can't see them asking in a formal capacity about it.

It might just be because they know the answer will be the necessary vague 'We'll announce if we have news'.

Don't forget someone asked Yu Suzuki about it and OutRun last year at least.

15. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

And so? Like i am supposed to care or something? C'mon dude be a bit more serious.

Sure good luck in you own shit, but nobody should care about any stuffs, unless they're interested in the stuff. or else you're gonna more likely look like a Free VRP agent.

16. JCnextinc

JCnextinc Well-Known Member

Akira quote in SEGA's new CEO SATOMI's interview in the SEGA's anniversary interview.
    You can be sure that's it's not there by chance or just for the joke,
    In the same interview he insists on his will to never betray fans expectations.

If VF is dead it would have been a very bad joke in contradictions with these words

17. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Dreamiestboat
    XBL:
    tehmarcerer
    Fan expectations are that VF6 will never be made and I'm sure he has no intention to betray that, yeah

DomAug likes this.
  18. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Either that, or VF6 gets released, and it turns out to be a disappointment, or a nerfed piece of crap. These things, including what MDog said above, seem to be the biggest fears, for a good bunch of VF fans. I'm hoping for a big miracle here, where for once gaming wise, things turn out really good for all of us. (Besides covid 19 and other viruses, disappearing for all eternity.):p

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    DomAug likes this.
  19. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

30 characters with new fighting styles or more.

PS: This topic has been too silent for over a month.
    So I had no choice but to bump it up.:p

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  20. faster 10 lightning

faster 10 lightning Well-Known Member

some people on twitter are spreading a rumor that VF6 was already developed and cancelled at least two times already.

While I think it's all made up, it's not impossible and it will explain the strange attitude of Sega about abandoning one of the most successful arcade series, especially now that arcade are suffering and would really need games like these to survive.

In any case, with the current state of fighting games where everything is downgraded to 2D mechanics, the focus on casual experience, esport and "games as a service" (means incomplete games whre people expect 10 new character for every season pass), maybe it's better if Virtua Fighter doesn't return.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    beanboy likes this.