1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6

Discussion in 'General' started by EvenPit, Oct 28, 2012.

1. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

I'm pretty sure it's real that they've tried to bring it back a few times and scrapped it.

Either way, the game coming back doesn't mean they need to ape every other creatively bankrupt, inept developer. There's still a chance they make a good game, but all the same I also worry about that. I just want them to put the existing games on relevant hardware before taking a gamble on a new entry.

2. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

I agree.
    The interesting thing is, that rumour has been around since like 2012 I think. For some strange reason, I think there might be some truth to it. If it is true, then that sucks.

Remember a game called Sonic Adventure 1 and 2? Well many years ago, Sonic Adventure 3 was said to be fully complete, all it needed was approval from the dudes in charge of sega, and it was shelved because sega dropped the dreamcast. That info apparently came from devs who worked on it. It would suck if this rumour is true, because if it is, then that sucks for Sonic fans.

3. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

I am still not convinced that the game was developed and cancelled before and I think that's all made up. It goes with the series absence for the last 8 years, but I just think SEGA cant find the market or simply can't sorta pull it out.

There are other questions tho, why SEGA hasn't done a port to current gen/PC of VF5FS ? Since it doesn't take much ? Oh and SEGA's financial ain't bad these days.

I don't think we have seen the last of the series... I don't know when...but unless SEGA is dead, I think VF always has a chance.

I mean Ford brought Bronco after 25 years ( LOL not that I think it will necessary take that long nor that I'll wait that long LOL) but also numerous developmental phases and what not .. just trying to say never say never ?

4. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

VF always has a chance but not with this current SEGA, this company is sleepy af.

It's like SEGA is following the path of Konami, like they really don't care about video games anymore.

masterpo likes this.
  5. beanboy

@Sonic The Fighters
    Sleepy sega is a good way to put it.

And in the case of konami, the fact that they have Bloody Roar, means no Bloody Roar 5 anytime soon.:confused:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    masterpo and Sonic The Fighters like this.
  6. MadeManG74

I'm convinced it's true, bear in mind 'starting' might mean planning stage. They probably never actually made any kind of actual code or betas etc.

beanboy and masterpo like this.
  7. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    It might be the case that Sega really considers Virtua Fighter as a Arcade Game, that would require a new Arcade Cabinet, motherboard, etc., etc. And since the Arcade business in Japan appears to be in serious Jeopardy, Sega can't see their way clear to really seriously consider a Virtua Fighter 6:cry:

https://virtuafighter.com/threads/japanese-arcade-culture.21413/#post-408195

beanboy and Sonic The Fighters like this.
  8. Sonic The Fighters

Yes, that's also very true.

9. Sonic The Fighters

Yo WTF ? From DOA6 Wikipedia !

"Team Ninja began full-time development on Dead or Alive 6 in December 2017 and publicly revealed it in June 2018. The game is using a new graphics engine, which in its July update was revised with the help from Sega's internal and well known studio, Sega AM2 who also developed its prequel, Dead or Alive 5"

Did you guys know that ? Is it true ?

Apparently SEGA helped to make DOA "again" with 6, instead of doing its own fighting game (Virtua Fighter) one more time...

So SEGA and AM2 can still make fighting games ?

Where the f*** is VF6 ?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    masterpo and beanboy like this.
  10. beanboy

@Sonic The Fighters
    That bit of news explains alot of things.
    It's strangely, all making sense now.:holla:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    Sonic The Fighters likes this.
  11. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

True and if I remember correctly SEGA today is doing better than what they used to 5 -7 years ago so it makes sense.

I knew of AM2 involvement in DOA6 and 5. I know.that AM2 is still alive and kicking in SEGA. The leads that worked on VF5 and FS are still there.

I SEGA knows about the demand, I think they know that VF is a very high note in their portfolio and they acknowledge that.

Now are they waiting for a first party to sorta co-fund ?

masterpo likes this.
  12. Sonic The Fighters

I knew of the AM2 involvement in DOA5, but not in DOA6 !

WTF !!!

DOA6 engine, gameplay, animations, and physic... are pretty good ! But the game feels like it would have been better if developed for the next gen and with more time allowed.

Damn, so it means that SEGA and AM2 are still able to make a Virtua Fighter game ! We know it now !

masterpo likes this.
  13. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Wuut:mad:

At the very least AM2 should have talked them into adding the VF roster back into DOA6

Maybe, that was the arrangement, AM2 helping to lay the foundation for more VF characters in DOA6 and then something blew the deal up:cautious:

14. MadeManG74

That sounds like bullshit, and even if it was true (it's not) then it would mean I never want to see Virtua Fighter 6 if it's going to be anything like the garbage that was DoA6.

Either way, as a tip for checking Wikipedia articles, check the citation. I just clicked on the link to the interview that's cited for that piece of information and it doesn't mention AM2, Virtua Fighter or Sega even once.
    https://www.dualshockers.com/dead-or-alive-6-interview-part-2/

15. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

Well I tried DoA6 for like 5 minutes and realized how much of a crappy game it is. I never tried it again.

Now whether the rumours are true of not, AM2 helped develop it , they were not tasked to reinvent it. DoA was never that good to begin with.

It's good news in a sense that it means AM2 is still functional and knows how to deal with consoles. I'd take that as good news.

The game, I state again, is garbage.

16. Sonic The Fighters

LOL true DOA 6 is average at best, but i still prefer this game over Tekken 7, the most overrated fighting game of all time.

With terrible lobbies and menus, terrible roaster, terrible balance, terrible loading screens, terrible online, terrible input lag, terrible wifi connections...

17. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

I have to say that I wasn't a big fan of T7 either and that I prefer TTT2 over it, but T7 is much superior to DoA6.

I was watching some vanilla VF5 videos the other day and that game had better presentation and graphics than VF5FS ? ( Better saturations ? Or just the fact that the arenas are better designed in the vanilla version ? ) And my god the game could easily pass as a 2020 release product....

There is something ageless about VF design... Not just the gameplay but the graphics too... For sure it ain't at the level of triple As of this gen, but very passable.

I just wish we had access and communication with AM2 or even the Japanese community... There is none... We have evidence that AM2 still exists ( but barely and difficult to find). It would have been beautiful if we managed to establish contact with them even if it were to discuss previous games and the theory behind the design and what not... Just to feel that they are still around and to send the message that we exist.

I can say that the demands for VF6 today is stronger than before... There is awareness... People started to get exposed to the series and the FGC celebs started to throw more and more light on it

18. beanboy

I agree. DOA 6 > Tekken 7.

19. beanboy

Now that is an interesting theory.

20. beanboy

I really hope that sega is working on Virtua Fighter 6. And if they are, hopefully it does not disappoint. Alot of the fighting games for over a decade, are shadows of their former selves. And alot of us gamers need a proper fighting game, that is also not a shadow of it's former self.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020