1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6

Discussion in 'General' started by EvenPit, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Shin ZAKIRA

Shin ZAKIRA Member

I took screen shots of the most important questions and my answer to them. In case someone needed a reference.

upload_2021-6-6_22-28-52.png
    upload_2021-6-6_22-29-30.png upload_2021-6-6_22-29-30.jpeg
    upload_2021-6-6_22-29-59.png
    upload_2021-6-6_22-30-31.png
    upload_2021-6-6_22-30-50.png
    upload_2021-6-6_22-31-4.png
    upload_2021-6-6_22-31-23.png

Attached Files:

joanot, Zekiel, SSShinji and 5 others like this.
  2. SSShinji

SSShinji Active Member

I would highly encourage everyone, even if you do not live in Japan, that we should still fill this one in using "google translate". (mouse right-click on the page, select "translate to English" for each questionnaire page).
    It's quite long but fun, I have completed mine with no issues whatsoever and I don't read/speak Japanese.
    Especially if you have brilliant ideas for VF.
    All for a better "VIRTUA FIGHTER 6"!! :LOL:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    joanot, Zekiel, beanboy and 1 other person like this.
  3. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

Can we agree that some moves looks like they're high but it's actually mid and vice versa? i didn't follow balance updates in the entire VF5 cycle so i suspect it's what made thing like that (Tekken has similar cases)

Examples: Eileen qcf P looks like a high tbh, but it's mid. Or Shun, i don't know the exact name of the move, it's like when you can DF P into turn back stance then you push P,K the K is like a mini jump kick if you see the move i'm talking about, well the K here visually looks high, but in fact the move is mid, i suspect this move was high originally was change during some balance update but can't be sure, but the move absolutely looks like it's meant to be high.

So for VF6 i would like moves like that to be reanimate so they will look like the way they should.

4. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

Sarah is just so perfect in this portrait it's just too much. I hope this is how she will look ingame in VF6, SEGA you know what to do!!

[​IMG]

Zekiel and Sonic The Fighters like this.
  5. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

VF characters redesign looks perfect in the character select screen, we could never imagine them better, they all look so good.

The guy who modernized the VF characters is a genius. i thought it would be impossible or too hard to make them look 2021 in the right way, but he just did perfection.

SSfox likes this.
  6. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

They look all great overall i agree, only Akira looks different than usual, still not bad tho, just different.

Sonic The Fighters likes this.
  7. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Yeah. But personally, I like how her face looks, in the VF5 FS and VF4 Evo select screens, a bit more.

8. wrekka

wrekka Member

I hope that in the next version of the game, SEGA will let you use your mobile phone (app?) to store your customization data. Then, we could potentially use a QR code to use our own customizations on another device in offline vs. modes. Also, it could count toward our overall record. That would make offline tournaments awesome. You could probably also use the player names onscreen.

They have this in arcades; why haven't we added this to console yet?

*clearly I'm not a game programmer

Also, if they want to make this more esports friendly, they need the option to move the life bars so streamers can put player names on screen.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  9. Munk

Munk Member

i have to disagree with this. Some of the character models look straight up weird. Even tho they technically look great, the aesthetics are way off on some of the characters. Akira for example looks like a different person alltogether, and not in a good way. He has a cheesy look, and most of his facial expressions look ridiculous. He used to look convincing in past games, now he more or less just looks goofy.

Lion used to kinda look cool, now he just looks like a ”dork”. Eileen has a really unnerving smile, like what’s wrong with those lips? And so on.

i understand wanting to make the game look as realistic as possible, but it has it’s own drawbacks. When something looks almost super realistic, but not quite all the way there, things start to looks disturbing. The movie ”The Polar Express” is a great example of this- by trying to make the characters looks as real as possible, they somehow made them look super weird to the human eye. There might be a name for the phenomena but I’m too lazy to Google it up right now.

And like I said, some of the skins and costumes just look very cheap. Like the person who designed them has no sense of style. And I don’t mean the funny costumes, just some of the basic aesthetic choices. Trying to find good color combinations is almost impossible on some of the skins.

Besides, most of the cast look like they came from a B-movie where they didnt have enough money to hire good actors so they had to settle for cheaper lookalikes.
    It’s like most of the characters are missing any sort of charisma that they once used to have.

Sega and Nintendo both suffer from this - they have the knowledge and the expertise to make great, groundbraking games, but at the same time they can be blind to some really obvious flaws and quirks. Like, they’d need someone on the team that had the guts to stand up in a meeting and say ”dudes, this thing is not working. Let’s find a way to make it work somehow!”

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    GustavoHeisenberg and beanboy like this.
  10. def

def Well-Known Member

If VF6 gets made, I think a cool idea would be in customization, to add an item that summons a pet or something as part of a win pose. Likes Sarah can have a cat toy that summons a pet cat (Like the one from her VF2 anime music video). Wolf can summon a wolf, Eileen = monkey, Pai = Panda, Lau = Tiger, Akira = Dog from his VF2 anime music video, Vanessa = Military attack dog, etc.

11. beanboy

That's an interesting idea.

12. beanboy

I agree with that, he does look like a different character. And what is up with sega giving Akira, Jackie Chan's nose? He definitely looks like a different character.:p

GustavoHeisenberg likes this.
  13. GustavoHeisenberg

GustavoHeisenberg Well-Known Member

I agree with @Munk too, akira doesn't look as handsome

14. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    With Aoki Seiji in charge, its highly likely that the next VF will have animals in the game:cool:

15. Sonic The Fighters

Aoki Seiji seems to be a smart person. He really knows a bit VF and what's going on in fighting games, it could be a lot worse for sure !

And i think everybody would praise VF5US if this game had rollback + crossplay...

SEGA has a real excuse for the short time/budget and the covid development, and at least "to finally bring back" VF after 10 years.

But i also think that they are keeping the real deal/stuff for the next game (graphics, netcode, customization, crossplay, new characters, new moves, new balancing, 4k...).

Cause it will be easier to make a better game than VF5US for SEGA. They didn't want that VF5US could be better than VF6, and didn't want people to say it.

Last edited: May 4, 2022
    masterpo likes this.
  16. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    He may very well be a smart person. But even smart people make mistakes.

1. VF5US should have included the complete port of VF5FS including:
    • Full Arcade and Scoring Modes
    • License Mode
    • Sparring Mode
    RGG/AM2 had already ported the complete game during the Yakuza and Judgement series. So the code was basically done.

2. VF5US only needed to add lobbies and the rooms as the new thing.

3. VF5US should not have included Tekken Style Hit Sparks. Because the Hit Sparks
    defaced the VF presentation and positioned VF as a follower, copy-cat instead of
    the leader innovator and trailblazer that it used to be.

So Aoki might be smart, but he made some needless missteps with this 60th anniversary release of Virtua Fighter Ultimate Showdown/e-sports

This may be true, but I suspect we're going to see animals, rage art, rage drive, whirlwinds, super moves, meters, more on screen pyrotechnics , watered down move sets, microtransactions, NFTs and the Iron Fist Tournament in the next release of VF. I truly, sincerely hope I'm wrong. But if past is prologue.....:whistle:

Sonic The Fighters likes this.
  17. beanboy

If the game is good:

Funny customisable costumes. Where you can dress your character like a sandwich, a burger, a Pita bread or a taco. Lol!

18. SSShinji

SSShinji Active Member

I respect Yu Suzuki, he is a Legend in the Video Games industry mostly during the Arcade era. But the guy hasn't been making any Hits whatsoever in the last 20 years. His latest project "Shenmue 3" was met with lukewarm reviews. I'd consider his great swan-song project to be "Virtua Fighter 4", which was released in 2001.

What was working in the past, because 3D was a new thing back then, might no longer be working in today's Era and Age. Gamers today are expecting more than just pretty Graphics and smooth Animations.

On the other hand, we could consider the "Yakuza" series as one of the most successful franchises SEGA has ever developed and produced in recent years. I'm just a little worried if the upcoming New VF still follows an "archaic" and "old" designs of the past, it would simply Fail to grab Gamers' attention. Especially, with games like Street Fighter 6, Project L, the new NRS fighting game, and Tekken 8 storming the FGC market. VF would never have a chance to Compete!! :eek::confused:

My input for SEGA and RGG is to make the Single Player for the "New VF" similar to a "Yakuza" game, albeit on a smaller scale. This would include Training Mode as part of the Story progression, teaching us about the intricacies of VF fighting engine and fighting on a 3D plane. The Story progresses as we fight stronger and stronger opponents. Character re-designs are a Must to appeal more to the New Generations of players. SEGA could bring other popular SEGA characters into the game as Guests to generate extra Hype. Customizations should also be a Huge part of the game. Lastly, a Good “Online” Experience is a no-brainer! (y)

SEGA must realize that on top of a compelling Fighting experience, good Single Player content, interesting Characters and Presentation sell Fighting Games. Please look at NRS games like MK9, MK10, MK11, and Injustice 1&2. SEGA must go All Out if they want VF to break into the FGC market. Incorporating what they know Best, that is making Action Story-based games like "Yakuza" and mixing some of the concept designs to the New VF Project. The combination of a Yakuza-like game and a Fighting Game has never been done before. With a proper budget, Great characters, at least decent Storyline progressions, and a "Strong Antagonist"; I could see this game being the next Hit from SEGA! ;):D

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
    Jide, masterpo and shad like this.
  19. beanboy

Or, they might put Deku in it for laughs.:p

20. Sonic The Fighters

I really hope so much that VF5US will not be the last newer version of Virtua Fighter.

This game only has good graphics and a good art style for the stages, great menus/lobbies, great soundtrack, an amazing characters select screen... and that's all.

(The intro is pretty sick as well.)

But what about online ? Balancing ? New characters ? New/old moves ? New animations ? High quality graphics for characters ?

It's average.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2022