1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6

Discussion in 'General' started by EvenPit, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

Virtua Fighter 6 announcement at EVO Japan 2023 ? VF 30th Anniversary ?

We still have hope and we still ready to get hyped for the best fighting game...

Wait and see.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
    SSfox likes this.
  2. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Yeah, it would be really cool, if anything related to VF6 gets announced or shown, at Evo Japan.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
    Sonic The Fighters likes this.
  3. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

I'm playing jugement, the team are really good at graphics face and characters models. I have good feelings about VF6

Sonic The Fighters and WolfKing like this.
  4. Sonic The Fighters

Exactly !

Can we stop dreaming ? Because it's now (maybe soon) or never for VF6.

The worst scenario, is they announce a VF character or Kiryu (as a special collaboration with Tekken/Harada) in Tekken 8, but no VF6. If that happens i uninstall/resell every SEGA games i have, and i don't want to hear about 'em for the rest of my life lol.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
    MadeManG74 and masterpo like this.
  5. GustavoHeisenberg

GustavoHeisenberg Well-Known Member

don't be like that :LOL: lol

Nevertheless I reckon we'll be worshiping VF5 vanilla or Final Showdown (maybe even Ultimate) for the rest of our lives

masterpo and Sonic The Fighters like this.
  6. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    They want to wait until all the old heads are no longer playing the game. The plan is probably to reboot Virtua Fighter and totally redefine it, update it, change it, add micro-transactions, in-game purchases, skill-matching, and NFTs. :sick:

In 2023 and beyond the goal for video games is to turn games into modern day Online- Arcade Machines / Slot Machines, Pay-to-Play, Play-to-Earn games where they can keep people constantly engaged and spending money for every single play, and every single action taken in the game. To squeeze, squeeze, and SQUEEZE the customer for every penny they can, while at the same time giving the customer as little in return as is legally possible.:oops::whistle::mad:

I'm pretty much only playing games made prior to 2010:meh: TBH 98% of the games I'm playing run on the PS3 and PS2. There are only a couple of titles I play on PS4. Don't own a PS5 and don't plan to unless there is a damn compelling reason to buy one. So far nothing that has been announced seems worth the purchase. Unless the gaming industry makes a dramatic U turn I'll be sticking primarily with stuff made prior to 2010.(y)

7. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

There is definitely a new VF in the works, and the Aoki pretty much strongly hinted at it in an episode of Harada's Bar few months ago.

Dunno when they will announce it, but likely this year i think

8. GustavoHeisenberg

GustavoHeisenberg Well-Known Member

Looks like we are going to hate VF6 because your assessment is prescient. I guess we can still celebrate VF5FS after all.

I should get back to VF5 vanilla once it's fully backwards compatible

9. Sonic The Fighters

10. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

11. Sonic The Fighters

I can't imaging SEGA making VF6 100% next gen with the amazing graphics and animations (for gameplay as well) that we all want, before they announce a trailer.

Then just imagine Kasuga Ichiban or Kiryu Kazuma as a guest character, to explode the hype and to carry the marketing.

I wouldn't believe for days/weeks, if SEGA does the right things for VF.

SSfox likes this.
  12. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Ochan (former employee of SEGA) wrote the motion capture is for an original movie.

Sonic The Fighters and SSfox like this.
  13. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

Oh.. But unless it's damage control?

Yeah hopefully they do the right things, some Yakuza guests could also help the franchise (even tho it's not something i personally want, but i know there would be some that want it), but in any case i think there is no way Sega ain't already working on the next VF.

14. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Dangerously based

15. Sonic The Fighters

lol no joke !

But seriously, Tekken is kinda copying Yakuza with the "Heat" effect (+ same name). SEGA is not dumb enough to give a popular and beloved character to Tekken 8 instead of VF6, right ?

16. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

Kiryu won't make in neither games, Sega already explained why (he's kinda of Ryo Saeba, like never hit a woman)

Personally speaking when it comes to Guests, i'd be more hype about a SOR character like Axel, Blaze or Shiva

17. Sonic The Fighters

They better give us the real alpha and badass character for Virtua Fighter. This shit is SEGA and for the real 3D king, not for the fake Tekken from Bamco.

There is no way Kiryu is going to Tekken instead of VF, i would be salty.

Nagoshi is not at SEGA anymore, and only SEGA can decide about stuff like that.

"Kiryu will never hit a woman" lol what a fake, HE SLAPPED IN THE FACE THE MOST IMPORTANT FEMALE CHARACTER (Haruka) since the very first Yakuza game LOL !

I'm ok maybe for Kasuga Ichiban in T8, but only if we have Kiryu for VF6... Outside of that, nothing for Tekken just a banana.

18. Shinobi

Shinobi Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
  19. Sonic The Fighters

20. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

There is Sony show that is plan soon based some rumours, i think there chances VF6 will be announce there

WolfKing likes this.