1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6

Discussion in 'General' started by EvenPit, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Devdan

Devdan Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WrysWendellBoah
    XBL:
    WrysWendellBoah
    It's already corny, and I wouldn't want it any other way. If you ask me, VF having 4 pre-battle quotes, and 10 post battle quotes trumps a 'story mode ending' any day, but for whatever reason most people act like that kind of thing matters. Some games have done it right (Soul Edge and Calibur III), but I can't think of any recent ones. I hope if they do add endings, they don't make sacrifices elsewhere. I know it's totally superficial, but the face that in Street Fighter IV (a successful game) each character has only one entrance and victory pose is a little ridiculous.

Also, I'd say VF's story is so stupid that a story mode couldn't do any good, but it looks good on a box. Plus, I guess DoA's story mode was received ok, and I doubt Sega couldn't recreate that level of quality.

Including all of the features from the arcade version would be bad for the arcade version, but I don't think many would complain about a copy and paste of the VF4EVO/5 quest mode. It's something to do for sure. Meanwhile, the arcade version should do what SCII did (but do it right, maybe...) and have AIs based on people on the network, rather than shuffling the same handful of pre-mades over and over. Maybe be just a little less money grabby too. I feel like most people would be more inclined to play more if they got more small rewards more frequently rather than having to put in dozens of credits to have a chance at getting anything, and also you have to spend another 100 yen to have that opportunity, and if you want to edit anything you're only allowed to do a few things at once or you have to insert another credit. What a scam.

As a side ramble, why do I never get to face anyone in the arcades unless they're really good or really bad? It's no fair. It's like any time I see someone that looks like they're about my speed, they're engaged in an endless credit-feeding fest with some other guy.

2. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Online Quest Mode...

3. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Devdan
    VF's anime story is weak but I think SEGA could pull it off & if not at least bing in an interactive online Quest mode.

4. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    nah bro the speed is fine. otherwise it be vanilla again

5. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    GTE TEG ETE?

6. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    yea i agree with genzen on the ranking system . lf you have to quit to win and get your rank up then your garbage. u hv to earn it like everyone else

7. EvenPit

To be honest i think they should just do away with the kyu & dan levels and everyone would just start from Hunter level

8. capt_catalina

capt_catalina Well-Known Member

PSN:
    capt_catalina
    It's been a journey watching Virtua Fighter evolve throughout the years. Almost seemed like a circus sideshow that attracted everyone with it's 3D graphics in its infancy. But then you really started to see the game in action, witnessing the intensity of each blow and slam. That has what kept me coming back. Looking at the development, I like to compare the game to Counter-Strike. The presentation may have changed over time, but the core experience is much the same as it was.

Gameplay wise, Final Showdown has done a great deal to keep things simplified and deep, though I miss the throw situations from VF4 EVO. A little tweak in that department would be welcome. Speaking of EVO, that Quest Mode....gold! A good playground for honing skills, and beating those challenges (more achievements!).

Visuals are pretty great in FS. I'm a fan of less is more, and as realism goes, seeing dirt and sweat from given arenas could add to that. Not much I could think of improving on .

9. SNAKE BOSS

SNAKE BOSS Well-Known Member

Hey Genzen u can shut ur fuck face mouth now because I no longer dc so another thing to make vf6 better is to get rid of the shit talkers like u genzen. So dont talk crap anymore.

10. SNAKE BOSS

SNAKE BOSS Well-Known Member

Also in vf6 they should add bruises on to characters after fights and cloths rips.

11. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Defensive fundamentals on how you react to getting counter-hit.

12. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Online quest mode would be kinda cool. Could be similar to the offline versions from previous iterations of the game - a bunch of arcades with various tier-levels of player, but instead of it being computer AIs, it'd actually be real players. This, hopefully, could even build friendships between people who kinda progress through the arcades at the same speed. You'd come across the same names and get familiar with them and their playstyle, and could end up taking via PMs and whatnot.
    The tournaments that would happen in the arcades could be random when the occur, and be worth a lot of rank points to the winners, relative to the rank of the arcade. The amount of rank points a beginner arcade offers might be enough to rank up a 1 Dan to a 2 Dan, but it wouldn't be worth much to a Berserker or anything, otherwise you'd just have the high-ranks coming in and decimating all the lower tournaments. Alternatively, the rank points one earns from a tournament, regardless of their rank, could be a nice, substantial amount, but there could be handicaps imposed on those who're over-ranked for the hosting arcade. So, a Berserker could enter the beginner tournament, but he'd have some kind of handicap, like damage dealt and health amount reduced by 50%. This way, the 'better' player (as far as rank is concerned), won't be able just to trash through the lower players, and the lower players get to experience playing against a more highly skilled opponent without just feeling like it's hopeless.

Could have special 'grudge match' arcades, where people could bet certain amounts of their rank points against each other. I could, for example, challenge Exetyexexezerhthtesillynonsensename to a match, where the winner takes 500 points worth of rank from the other (then proceed to get my ass whooped and my account demoted). Obviously there'd be no obligation to accept challenges, so no one would be 'robbed' of rank.

Lastly, Jacky needs low-throws, and elbow > sword needs to be Mid > mid, both advantage on guard.

13. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

No.

Uncle_Kitchener and BlackGeneral like this.
  14. martianpulis

martianpulis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    martianpulis
    what Jackt needs is to tone down that flipkick!

King9999 likes this.
  15. EvenPit

That flash kick is ridiculous !

16. smb

smb Well-Known Member

It boils down to advertising. It would go a long way to give el blaze a complete sonic costume and then put him on every commercial. A bit of a bait and switch, but a ton more people would buy the game, and some of them would stick.

But it basically all boils down to advertising. Commercials that highlight all the things that are the driving features behind the game. Something that implies its depth and complexity without just saying oh we are so deep and complex.

They should highlight and advance the insane customization and an in depth story mode. I could care less about story mode, personally, and many others could care less about customizations, but both of these will add more mass appeal.

Multiple commercials featuring multiple characters. I commercial highlighting the shaolin monk, one highlighting the drunken master, etc...

But yes, its all about advertising.

17. EvenPit

^ Thats right if theres no commercials like there were none for FS,, VF6 will be dead

18. smb

smb Well-Known Member

looks cheesy now, but i remember how hyped this commercial had me and social ruin.

lol, at the time the graphics looked awesome, btw.

Neonomide likes this.
  19. EvenPit

Lol what was that?! i didnt get the beginning

Jefrey kicking Jacky's ass ? lol

20. smb

smb Well-Known Member

The guy mopping up the arena found a tooth. then it showed the clip that implied the tooth was knocked out by jeffrey doing a rocket knee.

--it seems like there may have been more action clips in the original commercial, but thats all i could find with a 25 second youtube search.