1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6

Discussion in 'General' started by EvenPit, Oct 28, 2012.

1. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    So if I read that right, they never cared about releasing quality games in the west. They were releasing games on a schedule. So they were just pumping out Sonic games because...it was time for a new Sonic game?

Really? Discovering that consumers want quality is a revelation? I just...I...I'm glad they figured that out finally. But.......damn, really Sega?

Combolammas, Ellis and Kruza like this.
  2. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

I think they were referring more to the quality of translations/porting? Or their efforts in bringing Japanese output to the west at all apart from stuff like Miku.

3. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza

Heh, I totally agree with how you feel about this. It's still better that Sega of Japan discovers this late rather than never, though.

Kruza

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    Ellis likes this.
  4. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    I'm sorta hoping Sega sees the success of Shenmue 3's kickstarter and suddenly remembers that people still love their older franchises.

I won't hold my breathe though.

bruciethebeast and KrsJin like this.
  5. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

^ Could very well happen. I think more and more companies may use Kickstarter or something similar to weigh interest on requested titles now.

Even though many in the US don't play it, a lot recognize VF and their nostalgia or respect for the series may be enough to get them to donate to Kickstarter.

6. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

I can try to contact him on Twitter but I doubt I get a response. Will keep u posted.

7. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

You've got to remember that Shenmue currently only has 52k 'backers'. It's a success for YSnet, but for a behemoth like Sega, this isn't even a blip on their radar.
    Even if the game sells a million units, they moth-balled Bayonetta for selling more than that.

I do hope it brings some attention to their older franchises, but realistically why bother with risking a new Jet Set Radio when you can just make another Total War? Another Miku game? Sonic on Mobile Phone? Guaranteed sales and less effort on their part.

Maybe this recent interview means they want to get back some good will and stop being seen as the 'Total War and Football Manager Company' in the west though. Fingers crossed.

KrsJin likes this.
  8. ThisIsIt

ThisIsIt New Member

9. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    I did not find any recruitment for Virtua Fighter (バーチャファイター) on SEGA site... what a reference on this site do you mean for VF?

10. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    halfway down the page in English

11. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    The page is japanese only, no english at all.
    The only mention about VF (バーチャファイター) i see is:
    1993年:世界初業務用3D-CG格闘ゲーム機「バーチャファイター」登場
    ... dont know what does it mean, but i dont think this is about recruitment for VF...?

12. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    [​IMG]

jimi Claymore and SUGATA like this.
  13. Jacky22

Jacky22 Active Member

A port of FS to PS4/Bone is long overdue, add a Quest Mode/Features from VF4Evo and sell it on Disc, an appetizer for VF6.

Whacky Sega does a Disc-version of Dengeki Bunko, 5 Blazblue`s, 3 Doa5, 4 versions of SF4 but their best Fighter is still dl only....

As for VF6, I hope Sega refines the frames, more realistic, a low punch done while crouching should execute faster,and slower when done while standing, more + frames on Guard for slow and heavy attacks etc

Bring back old moves from older Games too, like Jacky Double low Kick from VF3, true Splash Mountain, Kage jumping Catch Throw etc.

My 2Cent...

14. chirus

chirus Member

Hopefully if they make VF6 they dont nerf the grappling like they did in FS...

15. Lulu Lulu

Lulu Lulu Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lulekani
    I haven't played the game long enough to know what I want in VF6..... well obviously I want built in leniency that is more considerate for Pad Players such as myself but I wouldn't hold my breath for that one.

Citrus likes this.
  16. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

The game already has a 10 (or was it 12) frame buffer window and it's pretty much impossible to misinput simultaneous button presses. Where does the game need more leniency?

MadeManG74 and Lulu Lulu like this.
  17. Lulu Lulu

XBL:
    Lulekani
    Thats the type Leniency DoA needs.... my problem with Virtua Fighter is the Directional Inputs, specifically the 1, 3, 9 and 7 Directions. The game just can't seem to register these inputs on an Analogue Stick.

Its one of the Reasons why I can't play Goh or Lei-Fei.

18. Citrus

Citrus Well-Known Member

The game tends to be harsh with pad players for some characters, so I'll say the same as Lulu(And I mean buffering some moves as well as frame links)

But 1, 3, 9, 7 inputs are no problem if you use the D-pad, I can't imagine how you play with the analog sticks.

Ellis and Lulu Lulu like this.
  19. Lulu Lulu

XBL:
    Lulekani
    I've been trying to get use to it but this one is Microsoft's fault.... their D-Pad is absolutely atrocious. Which is sort of why I've been playing Thumbstick for So Long.... lol In DoA I can't side step into the Background because of this.

20. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

Hey, I have way too many responsibilities to play much VF these days (and I really think FS is a woeful step backward), but I just wanted to state that it seems that with SF5 Capcom MIGHT have tried to tone down the wackiness of SF4 and return to the essence of the series. To the extent that this is true, this is really what I would hope for with VF6.

Citrus, chirus and Stl_Tim like this.