1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6

Discussion in 'General' started by EvenPit, Oct 28, 2012.

1. smbhax

smbhax Well-Known Member

PSN:
    smbhax
  2. Citrus

Citrus Well-Known Member

Any day is actually soon.
    Really, really soon.

smbhax and jimi Claymore like this.
  3. Jaytecx

Jaytecx Member

PSN:
    Jaytecx
    They should fix the issue of the match being saved only after the replay. Sorry if this has already been mentioned but i the match result should be logged the moment the winning hit has made contact.

Jaytecx (a.k.a HoboHeartBreak)

4. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    i like the way MKX handles ragequits

5. Air Louis 116

Air Louis 116 Member

XBL:
    Air Louis 116
    YES.....STORY MODE A PLUS!!!

6. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

Story mode: The casual fighting gamers fighting game.

I know it's pretentious, but I'm so tired of hearing about story mode in this thread. We get it. The DOA players want story mode so they can play the game for 5 min and go start a when's VF7 thread.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  7. Shinobi

Shinobi Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
    Give me the Quest Mode and Training Mode of VF4 Evolution, the customization and the online mode of VF5FS, the awesome intros of the arcade version of VF4, and I'll be fine.

But first, SEGA must announce the game...

8. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    It seems like a good time now for SEGA to capitalize on the arcade scene since (I'm only guessing here) Sony made SFV exclusive to PS4 and PC only to sell more PS4's.

I know some people over there in Japan (and wherever else arcades are) gotta be feelin a lil salty that their main source of offline play got taken away. Went from being able to go to the arcades to play vs hundreds, if not thousands of players to having to go to someones crib to play offline against a handful of people.

Well. That being said, they'd have to of been working on VF6 for a while now to be able to release it this year for arcade play. With no SFV out there, if VF6 came to be a good game, they may be able to snatch up lots of new players, money and rep for the game. Then after a couple years of fine tuning the game (like they always seem to do) could only hope for a console release.

I honestly couldn't care less about a story mode in VF. But I will say that VF has the best A.I. I've ever played against and Quest Mode was the most fun thing I've ever done in a single pl ayer mode for a fighting game. I'd like to see the VF4 training mode that is highly praised by the people who've used it added in. Can only guess that they already have the blueprint for it. Just may need to add or subtract some stuff here n there.

9. Marlow

Marlow Active Member

PSN:
    Redwin6411
    XBL:
    Marlow0822
    Is the arcade market something that's really that desirable for a company to try and capitalize on? I thought Sega had already decided to start moving away from Arcade games, and gear more towards mobile games.

10. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    I have no idea, bro. I was just thinking since a big name like Street Fighter suddenly won't be in arcades, maybe arcade go'ers that play fighters would gravitate to the next new fighting game. If it was good, anyways, and would play it regularly or at least semi-regularly.

To be real. It wouldn't even be like, a move made by SEGA. Since SFV not being in arcades just kind of randomly happened. And if VF6 was gonna be released anytime soon, they'da had to have been working on it for a while now. It'd be something that just fell into place.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  11. GrandpaLoafers

GrandpaLoafers Well-Known Member

grap3fruitman, Project Bokuho and def like this.
  12. Project Bokuho

Project Bokuho Active Member

PSN:
    HelloMrBokiHoki
    XBL:
    Project Bokuho
  13. def

def Well-Known Member

I thought of an idea for more environmental interaction. If a stage like Shun's VF2 stage were to be in where pass by walls while on a moving object, the characters can have at least a few seconds to interact with a wall or a half fence if that's what it is called.

Thoughts?

Also taking some inspiration from Dead or Alive, they should make it where their clothes get a bit torn (in a more realistic way,) get bruises,(maybe a little blood as an option), have hair set in a pony tail or similar hairstyle come undone, and like in the older games (or at least VF3 based on my memory) have items get knocked off.

14. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

I got you bro.

Mold_Monkey93 and MarlyJay like this.
  15. Devdan

Devdan Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WrysWendellBoah
    XBL:
    WrysWendellBoah
    I've always really hated battle damage in any fighting game. Remember SC4 where everyone's clothes just exploded and they were in their underwear? You just made me remember SC4, now I'm just sad. That was a successful game. Ug.

16. Dragonps

Dragonps Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    In terms of single player modes would you guys prefer something more similar to VF4 Evo or VF5 Quest? I liked the rivals of 5 but must say I prefer the crazy modes of 4 evo, always liked the idea of rival players challenging you at certain arcades etc

17. Lygophilia

Lygophilia Well-Known Member

I would like for sega to have the game stay true to itself, because I still like that it's one of the few in this genre that is less flashy in mechanics. My other wish is that they should have both players actively in character select in player match, instead of shuffling through characters in the little box. I preferred random select as a primary.

The 3d movement could evolve past sidestepping, having the gameplay adjusting to which ever the character is from different stages, but I believe that Sega accomplished much of what they had in their older Virtua Fighter games from general concepts.

I hope some good can come with Sega's latest survey filling it out, because I have nothing of interest to play at this time on new generation consoles.

I would rather they re-release the latest Virtua Fighter on PS4, but if not, I will stay with the older ones until then.

18. Mold_Monkey93

Mold_Monkey93 Well-Known Member

I think it would be nice to get in on the lore of VF. See how the characters truly interact/feel about one another. Other than the lil' script of text we get. The pachinko machines are a good start in direction of the concept

19. celsowm

celsowm Well-Known Member

Project Bokuho and IcKY99 like this.
  20. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

If that's the tard that represents sega we are screwed.

Dragonps and Jacko like this.