1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6

Discussion in 'General' started by EvenPit, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

I found a better translation.

The person writing was responding like this,

If you see AM2 say, “help wanted part time” you would probably be like,”Oh! My gosh!”

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    MadeManG74 likes this.
  2. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Ohh, thank you!

3. vagito98

vagito98 New Member

awww.... I like the way Pai looks in VF. she's a bad ass in VF>>>>>>> DoA. though i'm still salty they nurffed her hips from vanilla 5, and dear god she needs more pants. Im so not a fan of DoA though, well... the game itself... its nuthin' but sex appeal. I like the way VF presents their characters better. not afraid for good looking people to look bad ass as well. I'm kinda hoping they find they're own balance when it comes to the next Gen graphics.

you know what this game needs! another white girl. lol, I've been rooting for a tifa kick boxer rip off for years. sarah is feeling lonely over here. another black guy to tame down jeffery's exaggeration. what do you think more MMA style? gotta bring back siba and a heavy weight jujitsu character. that's my wish list at least.

but yeah. pai rules. that is all.

4. vagito98

vagito98 New Member

that and screw story mode in fighting games. MKX? terrible and rediculace. just give me something more down to earth and a good quest mode anyday.

Ali likes this.
  5. jm571

jm571 Member

i agree with you. I have always admired VF's approach to female characters. The DOA over-sexualized bullshit is so lame and annoying. I think they pant sexually (DOA girls) when they lose...am i right? VF does not sexualize. The females are attractive but they are interesting. Sarah is probably the most sexual character in the game but even her sexiness is subdued...even her stance is tough and cool. Vanessa is obviously in a class of her own because she is so cool and Eileen has a spunky, mischievous vibe. We need a female VF fighter with red hair...there I said it....lol.

and yeah you can think it is pretty dumb to analyze this type of stuff but it matters in one way or another, especially when the alternative is DOA girls and their endlessly moving breasts...lol.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  6. def

def Well-Known Member

From what you said that Sarah is probably the most sexual character is probably the reason Tina is her DOA counterpart, since Tina is embracing her sexiness more so than the other female fighters. (And also that Zack mistook Sarah for Tina)

7. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

DOA should go back to DOA 2 & 3, it's urgent for the franchise !

i have nothing against DOA, i think it's ok and "a good fighting game" but i don't really care, and i want to play VF and i want Virtua Fighter 6.

8. Dragonps

Dragonps Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    On the subject of VF women I find their proportions are much more realistic than other fighting games and I'd love to see this return in 6.

I had an idea for VF6 tutorial mode too please let me know if you think it's silly.

I had this idea that the CPU controls a "shadow" character and you have to match your moves, combos, dash etc So the idea would be that the shadow is placed over you and you have to match it, similar to how you would race against your own times in racing games.

The shadow would do different things in different situations to try and teach you the mechanics of the game. When it performs a move or dash etc a little box would appear telling you why this move or strategy is effective. In this way you learn the how a move is effective and more importantly why it is.

jm571 likes this.
  9. jm571

jm571 Member

that is a very good idea....don't think I have seen it implemented in other fighting games but it might make the learning curve a lot easier for new players. VF could always use new players. I guess learning what is effective and what is not takes a lot of trial and error. I mostly use Pai but do use all the other female characters and Shun and Goh. Sometimes I struggle with what moves will work in certain situations and sometimes the dojo is not enough. I am always finding new moves/combos that make me think....oh yeah...why have I not been doing this....the endless struggle/excitement with VF I guess...lol.

10. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

Couldn't state it better myself. I am an MK fan, but their story modes are rotten cheese.

VF is fine, do a quest mode that's worthy, keep it simple and I am all in.

11. def

def Well-Known Member

I feel like reviving this thread if ok? I'm not sure if I have posted these ideas/hopes for VF6 before? But here goes anyway:
    -Like VF3, have stages that are uneven but no stairs due to games being more realistic instead have slopes that aren't steep (think wheelchair ramps).
    -I think it was in VF5FS, where fighters had a move to use on fighters when near a half fence, maybe a way to repel that?
    -Remember those annoying Down + Punch moves that interrupts attacks? Remember Tekken did something where it counters those type of moves? Maybe something like that?
    -In addition to water/being soaked from VF5, dirt/sweat a la DOA5. Maybe a bit of blood (optional), and wear and tearing of outfits (more realistic than DOA where outfits just come flying off in pieces with just one hit).
    -Hairstyles (certain ones) can come undone, knocking off glasses and certain headwear (caps/fedoras/maybe helmets?)

That's what I can think of so far.

12. MadeManG74

These are throws, you can break them like any other throw, so there's already a counter.

I don't think we need anything more than blocking, evading, jumping. Certain characters already have low punch parry/sabaki moves as well. I don't think we need anything more specific tbh.

13. Citrus

Citrus Well-Known Member

If you do this, which I think is not a bad idea, it would be good to remove wall-splatting, this thing never had its place in VF anyway.

Stage elevations is a cause of inbalance in DOA, so that may not be a good thing either.

Okizeme and 2P are definitely two things VF should look after Tekken to put in some modifications.

Depends on the vision I guess, Virtua FIghter doesn't intend to be a visually violent game or realistic in that way, it's a martial art showdown, the bloodsport of fighting games is what I call it.

14. MadeManG74

I don't think I want Tekken's nightmare confusion of okizeme anywhere near VF.

MrJostar likes this.
  15. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

At this point i think that Sega should reboot the franchise, they can even give the franchise a new name, more flashy and more modern name.

They will keep all the VF characters, and give a lore that make them more interesting (don't get me wrong, i think VF characters are awesome, but to attract new players, they need to be a bit more modern to date design wise, and give them some dope sh1t lore)

No matter what they'll do the only aspect that matter to old players and fans is the gameplay.

Personally as soon as Shun is in and still true to himself, and the game will still be about fighting mechanics in a 3D environment based on Martial Arts (plus they unlike Tekken 7 they'll keep OUT Shoto, weapons and those kind of stuffs), i'll be happy i think, god damn how i miss a game like that man.

PS: It's kind of crazy to think that actually we're in a era where there is no game to represent super well the Martial Arts, Sega has a huge opportunity here, and there is basically no competition in this.

16. Citrus

Citrus Well-Known Member

May they remove Shun Di forever from the game.

WolfKing and Valakrie like this.
  17. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

Will never happen, deal with it ^

Ares-olimpico likes this.
  18. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Virtua Fighter is a master piece. Its not broken, and doesn't need to be fixed. It has reached its highest implementation. At this point, its like the game of Chess, its a standard. Chess is Chess. VF is what it is and does not need to change. There will be be Chess players a 100 years from now, and there will be VF players 100 years from now. VF represents the finest tradition in fighting games and it is the standard for all fighting games past, present and future. It should be reissued for every next gen console going forward as the ultimate fighting game reference for all to follow. To be clear, the next VF should drop the version instead of calling it Virtua Fighter 6, It should just be called Virtua Fighter. Sega should just include all the features from VF4 to VF5FS in one final implementation of VF. And that version should be implemented on every gaming platform from now on.

The reference version of Virtua Fighter should have:

Kumite Mode
    Quest Mode
    License Mode
    Sparring Mode
    Trainable AI Sparring partner (from VF4)
    Arcade Mode
    Dojo
    EVO Style Training & Tutorial
    Player 1 and Player 2 Profiles (for 2 player)
    Online Mode from VF5FS
    Fighter Assessment and Statistics from VF4 and VF4 Evo
    Underground Tournaments from VF4 EVO
    Tournament Modes from (VF5) but allow user definable tournaments for single and two player

Instead of adding features for each new gaming platform, Sega only need add new stages, or different perspectives on old stages, and new music, or different perspectives on old music.

At this point VF is as standard as hamburger and french fries. Sega should simply make sure a complete version of it is always available on the latest platform.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  19. WolfKing

WolfKing Well-Known Member

PSN:
    HotRod666
    Very well put my friend.

20. Citrus

Citrus Well-Known Member

2 weeks until E3...