1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6

Discussion in 'General' started by EvenPit, Oct 28, 2012.

1. def

def Well-Known Member

2. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

Lygophilia and MadeManG74 like this.
  3. FcoBenitez

FcoBenitez Well-Known Member

4. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Oh, that's cool!

5. Lygophilia

Lygophilia Well-Known Member

I feel like I'm in the minority, but I think Sega should support their fighting games on the Nintendo Switch. Handhelds tend to fulfill my experience in gaming, but consoles are a bit of a paper weight burden.

6. MadeManG74

I think there's no harm in releasing them on Switch, but I don't think it should be the primary console.

7. def

def Well-Known Member

I would love to have VF on a portable, I still play Dead or Alive 5 Plus at times on the vita. I had played VF5FS on Vita via PS Now and it translated well.

8. Dragonps

Dragonps Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    Everyone and their mother is making a fighting game

Where is Sega and her mother!

FcoBenitez likes this.
  9. MamaKazama

MamaKazama New Member

If they ever do make a new VF game, hopefully they won't tone down the complexity of it.

10. def

def Well-Known Member

Just curious, how come we haven't done any "SAVE VF" or "BRING BACK VF" campaigns similar to Shemnue or other projects that have proved successful at times?

11. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

ROFL!!!!!

12. MadeManG74

The best way to campaign for 6 is to play the game we have :)

Consider playing online with the guys here and Virtua Revoval, or at your offline scene.
    We had CEO, EVO and soon NYGXIII as well :)

TranscendedFist and def like this.
  13. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Are you serious? Man people have real short memories.

14. def

def Well-Known Member

Sorry I don't understand. I knew there was a petition some time ago, but maybe I'm not thinking clearly on this. I apologize.

15. Citrus

Citrus Well-Known Member

I'm actually scared that Sega does have VF6 planned now, my expectations go to the upcoming TGS like everybody else I assume.

But what if it does happen?
    Fighting games are getting a wider audience and have grown in variety of concept and titles at a tremendous rate.

So not only we have more fighting games but they are all changing for once and try not to be another street fighter clone.

How is a new VF going to fit in all of this?
    Is the game as we know it going to be good enough to make the numbers?

I've never found Virtua Fighter to be hard except when you get serious about mastering it(and even then being decent doesn't demand a lot more than being focused and knowing frame data), casuals could get a blast out of this game and I've already seen it by playing with my friends (total casuals) on this game.

So what would VF lack of that would make new players try the RPS system?

16. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Both Sarah and Pai look sexy af in DOA5!!

17. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

much better in VF.

in DOA5, Sarah face is bad and her body is weird.

Jacky face is dumb in DOA5.

Akira face is generic in DOA5.

only Pai is well made is DOA5.

also the costumes and textures of the VF characters are better in VF5FS.

18. Dragonps

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    I think firstly so long as the system remains as deep and fun then fans will love what Sega produce. However looking at games like Tekken 7 where you could customize your health bar, I i wonder what Sega will have to do to bring in the casual crowd.

VF has the wonderful customization feature but so does every 3D fighter (apart from DOA) the one thing other fighters don't have is the incredible attention to details within the system and I think Sega should emphasize that.

I think an in depth Quest mode is needed with missions that reward costume parts/colours, make it like a real arcade where upon winning a battle you create a rivalry with that person and they challenge you. From this you could win specific rewards, maybe you can be part of a team and you play in tournaments to gain sponsorships etc.

I don't know I'm waffling on now I think, but when it comes to 3D fighters there's not much that's not been done already

19. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

don't know for a new VF, maybe being a free to play like Fortnite or DOA5 ?

VF6 needs to be huge grapically and to the top of animations.

fresh art style of years 2020 and not 2000 anymore for characters and costumes.

add 2 or 3 new characters.

4 seasons and dynamic weather for some stages.

a World Championship like J6 and a Quest mode (online or offline).

a story mode based on the anime, with J6 and Dural.

a rage quit mode lol so the guy can have the option to give up the match.

2 or 3 new strings by characters, and new moves of course.

a taunt and a GG move.

a big finish move with some big animations and some slow motion, but with conditions ? Only at the very end of the match (2-2 last round) to reward a big fight.

There you have it, Virtua Fighter 6 2020 let's go !

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  20. Dragonps

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    It worked well for DOA5LR and KI, I think as long as they have a "buy everything" option it could work.

Absolutely; graphically and animation wise I've always found VF to be outstanding and far ahead of any other fighter. I remember seeing VF5 on the PS3 for the first time in a game shop and there were a group of people blown away by look and animation.

It always seemed like they made the characters look much more realistic with each game, didn't like the direction TN went with in DOA5.

Indeed at least 2 but 3 would be nice, lets see other styles too maybe unknown to many. Maybe an Indian fighter who uses Gatka or Silambam (weapon based I know)

Oh damn yes! Imagine during the fight you see the sun set then next round it's evening/night. Another stage where it's cloudy then next round it rains a little and the final round it's pouring.

This could really make the fights more dramatic great idea

In true VF style it should show an animation where the rage quitter falls over and it declares you win.

I'd rather an arcade mode where the different endings together make up the story perhaps.

I really like the seasons idea, I'll be making some mock images to bother Sega with

Sonic The Fighters likes this.