1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6

Discussion in 'General' started by EvenPit, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

SEGA AM2 said they need to find out what would worth to make a Virtua Fighter 6... (lol we know it's all about money ¥ € $).

So let's go now, this is a couple of reasons to make a new VF.

2. JCnextinc

JCnextinc Well-Known Member

A lot of good Ideas AM2 should look at here. Technically it's VERY important that VF6 continue to be ahead of its time.
    A Graphically outstanding game could make VF a commercial and critical success.

A story mode could show off animations modelisations and stage better than in just replays .
    Patchinko Slot Story mode highlighted VF5. it was the same 3D engine modelisation but the game looked graphically better.
    Good cinematics can showcase the aestetic beauty of the game. (facial animations blood spots sweat saliva shedded wet clothes dirt snow eather time changes etc..)then it would be more appealing not only for casuals but also for new comers.
    Casuals are important for the success of an AAA game.
    And the only way to not casualise the system but bring to VF casual is killer Graphics and Story mode.

Sonic The Fighters likes this.
  3. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Just splice the anime episodes in between every second fight. Story mode DONE.

(I would love to see them actually do this as a lazy ass way to put in a story mode and tick that box).

Dragonps likes this.
  4. Dragonps

Dragonps Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    [​IMG]

Some quick ideas I worked on, normal pic is top left.

ShakiiWarriior and def like this.
  5. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

Yes with a better lighting, with the sun or the moon, a torch of fire, floor lamp...

But also the 4 seasons and a lighting of wet autumn or morning spring, a lighting of sunset summer on the beach, a grey lighting in winter with the snow...

6. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

I always though this stage would look dope with rain on it, and this edit proved me i was right :D A stage like this would look too awesome especially with the characters going all wet.

7. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    How do you know?

8. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

Cause shiny knows everything.

9. MadeManG74

His dad works for Nintendo, it's in the FAQ of the site.

ShinyBrentford likes this.
  10. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    What?... What the name of the faq?!

11. GustavoHeisenberg

GustavoHeisenberg Well-Known Member

Looking at what Christian whitehead did with sonic, the only option is for nerds in our community who can code to actually make VF6

12. Dragonps

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    Well it was a bunch of fans who created the greatest SOR fan game ever so...

GustavoHeisenberg likes this.
  13. GustavoHeisenberg

GustavoHeisenberg Well-Known Member

As VF fans we must do the same in other words. We have to truly understand VF ourselves to do it.

I'm coder but on the hobbist angle - don't have experience professionally. But I'd be interested in networking with folks here both on the design and coding angles - both are extremely important.

14. MadeManG74

You'd be better off making an original game, so you don't get slapped with a cease and desist from Sega.

I'm all for more games that play like VF, I'd encourage people to make more fighting games, but don't try and use someone else's IP to do so. :)

Also, I'll go back to what I always say, which is VF fans above all would benefit most from playing the VF that we have now. I know it's not the most convenient to play on PS360 or older consoles, but supporting the community that's out there and showing Sega that people play is the best way to support the franchise IMO!

15. def

def Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, did Sega ever have any official statement on VF in general. I thought there was something said a couple of years ago or so, particularly about VF6. I remember there was a petition that followed along by a fan.

16. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

You're all Idiots! AM2/Sega doesn't care, even if 1000x people outside of JP was playing FS won't make a difference. And yes even during the VF4 era. Why don't people play VF, it's not meant for Wankers & there's no real Comp. Anyone who knows VF especially outside of JP, would never care for the next installment. Top tiers, knew that playing the current version to its full potential was going to take very long time.

Lastly, don't use Akira.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  17. MadeManG74

Put 'It's not meant for wankers' on the box of the next release please, Sega.

18. Dragonps

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    VF6 Special "Not for Wankers" Edition:

Contains extreme "not for wankers" mode where all attacks are just frames and you die from a single hit.

I remember years ago they said this:

Q: Will we ever learn more about VF's mysterious story - for example, will Sarah ever recover from J6?

A: Please look forward to the future story development. Makoto Osaki

Q: Let's talk about the theoretical future for the series. Would you ever consider a radically different direction for Virtua Fighter 6, for example a realtime 'ragdoll' physics gameplay system - with dedicated physics hardware becoming popular, this could be a significant advance - could this ever work? Or could it be "realism overkill", as Suzuki-san once described it?

A: Though we cannot answer specifically about our internal technologies in detail, we would not like to rule out attempts at any and all technologies, if we are convinced that it would make Virtua Fighter new and fun. Makoto Osaki

And this quote from Haneda:

"Even if we were to make a Virtua Fighter 6, we would need it to have something to make it worthy of the number ?6' or we wouldn't be able to give it a number."

19. MadeManG74

Can you please provide a link for these? I'd like to read the full interview.

20. Dragonps

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    MadeManG74 likes this.