1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6

Discussion in 'General' started by EvenPit, Oct 28, 2012.

1. def

def Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  2. GustavoHeisenberg

GustavoHeisenberg Well-Known Member

3. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Ports to PC and PS4 would be more likely than VF6 at Evo I think. Any VF6 announcement would be in Japan I would imagine.

Either way, I wouldn't be surprised to see a PC port announcement or PS4 port announcement after Sega's 'Best of Japan' campaign at E3. This would be a perfect place to announce it too.

Or it'll be something we don't care about.

def likes this.
  4. def

def Well-Known Member

I hope you are at least right about a PS4 port of VF5FS. If there are any improvements, hope they at least make the sound better. Maybe add subtitles, (I remember in an old article for VF5 on Sega's website long time, I think it was a Q and A, someone asked about subtitles, and it answered that it was a possibility or something along those lines).

5. Thesch28

Thesch28 Well-Known Member

If VF5FS had a proper PC port it would be nice if it had all the Stages from Vanilla, R, and FS, Quest mode should come back too. that way the game wouldn't feel so empty.

WolfKing likes this.
  6. Dragonps

Dragonps Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    When is the next big Japan gaming event? Is it TGS in September? VF5 at EVO was bloody amazing I thought do we even need VF6 ;)

7. MadeManG74

Markman is Mr Evo Japan.

8. Dragonps

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    It's probably nothing which means it's everything

9. Citrus

Citrus Well-Known Member

It pisses me off to see how Sega always finds a way to end up last.
    While VF being the best fighting game is a subjective view, it has enormous potential and is evidently very fun to play.

Fighting games are becoming crazy popular each year, big names in the industry all have a title to show and take advantage of the potential in esports.
    Evo japan returns in the form of a new tougeki, even DOA is making a big turn to be considered a serious fighting game in the competitive scen.

And Sega misses the party once again, with a great title laying unused.

Here goes another hope for TGS 2018 :ninja:

10. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

I have no doubts in my mind that there is a VF in the work at a certain stage, SEGA (just like many other Jap publishers Capcom and Namco ) started to kinda of rise again.

And they were serious about reviving their classics (Street of Rage 4 got announced FFS!)

As I have stated in 2012, and through the years after VF5FS, I am not in a hurry, cause this isn't like many other games that got no sequels, VF5FS still looks, plays and sounds great and can stand up till next gen at least especially if SEGA ported it to PS4.

Relax and watch it unfold.

Tricky likes this.
  11. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I've been in agreement with this sentiment the entire time FS and Vanilla have been out too. We get one VF a console generation, so we are all just waiting for them to finally catch up to this one. All I want is for them to be working on VF6 early enough to put all the time and attention it needs to meet the standards, beyond just solid gameplay, to be as good as VF4evo was.

12. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Yes i agree. A vf4 evo-type training mode would be best!!

13. def

def Well-Known Member

For those that may have not heard, Space Channel 5 Part 2 is coming back. Perhaps some hope for VF6?

14. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Really?! Didnt the last game have Micheal Jackson in it?

15. Citrus

Citrus Well-Known Member

It's just a port of the vive version with the inclusion of VR on pc
    I really hope Sega has better things to show off in TGS than this, then again it maybe just a small tease before the big announcements.

The list of exhibited games don't show much.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  16. def

def Well-Known Member

So Tokyo Game Show is in 2 days. I'm not getting my hopes up but felt like talking about any possibility of VF related news at TGS.

17. Technocrow

Technocrow Active Member

Lol it seems like a yearly tradition to mention the possibility of a new VF at TGS

18. MadeManG74

I doubt we'll get anything about a new VF. Sega generally doesn't do announcements for new games at trade shows, let alone arcade games.

There's a chance of a port to PC or PS4 as part of their recent initiative, but that's all I'd get my hopes up for.

19. Citrus

Citrus Well-Known Member

20. Dragonps

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83