1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6

Discussion in 'General' started by EvenPit, Oct 28, 2012.

1. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

2. Citrus

Citrus Well-Known Member

Do you think we would know about a new Virtua Fighter prior to its announcement?
    All the previous entries were related in articles days before they would reveal the game in AOU or Jaepo.

3. MadeManG74

How would it be possible to know about it prior to announcement?

Unless you mean leaks, but Sega seems to pretty good at keeping secrets.

4. Citrus

Citrus Well-Known Member

Either leaks or medias picking the news a few days before it's shown.
    We hype for all these events, and everytime I feel like nothing would happen if we didn't already hear about it

5. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

vf6 incom. confirmed

6. MadeManG74

I figure the most likely route would be an announcement with a teaser, and followed up by more at a big show.

7. Thesch28

Thesch28 Well-Known Member

Wasn't VF3 first shown to the public in a private conference along with the Model 3 back in 1996?
    Personally i don't a VF6 is even in development, hopefully i'm wrong.

8. whitegrass

whitegrass Active Member

I think new game developer wanna to have their own famous title , Sega share-holders only concern Money making, mobile app market and arcade centre income are more significant to them.
    new Virtua virtua fighter seems not a efficient way and ONLY way to them to make high profits.
    if they concern the exist VF fan and want to keep them, why not follow what Capcom and Snk did? keep porting their old titles to new consolo and to the PC market.........

May be porting a old generation console 3D titles to PC is much difficult than 2D, that's why none of the JP companies willing to port their old console 3D games.

Sega Ages poll is a JOKE, they just do what cost effective.
    I think no new and old port of virtua fighter game in coming future.

and

dead or alive 6 will use Sega ALL.Net P-ras MULTI version 3 service

https://www.4gamer.net/games/436/G043629/20180928156/

hope that this time other VF chars have chance to show up at DOA6 , although I don't like what team ninja did at DOA5LR pc port

Coroo likes this.
  9. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

At this point if a VF6 will ever happen which of course i really really hope i think it will be for the launch on next gen console, no way and i'll be surprise if they'll release it now by the end of the gen, meanwhile would be good if they'll release vf5fs on PS4.

10. MadeManG74

Even if they released it today, with a year or so of Arcade Exclusivity + Location Testing etc, I doubt it would be ready before next gen anyway.

11. def

def Well-Known Member

Not sure how much this would affect VF, but I heard Sega is willing to bring more games to Eastern territories if I have heard correctly. (I hope this mean Phantasy Star Online 2)

https://t.co/dohsby6nCi

12. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

I think if VF6 will happen it won't take long to go from arcade to console, if not console straight (if they're wise enough that's what they should do imo).

But for VF6 to come back in a great way they need more than a great game, they'll also need some strong marketing.

Tricky likes this.
  13. Tricky

I think when VF6 comes around we may be given a very different game than people are expecting. So long as Eileen is there I'm down.

ToyDingo likes this.
  14. MadeManG74

Tekken 7 took about 2 years, and that turned out pretty well from what I know. I think it'll depend on Sega's plans for the long term I guess.

What makes you say that?

As for the marketing/different game - I think that Sega could do a lot to make the game stand out in the delivery system or similar. Sega's pioneered stuff like the cards and customisation, and even social media integration. I think they could go even further, even as far as free to play or similar radical changes to make it a truly innovative experience without having to risk changing th game itself.

15. Tricky

Well, it's the quiet nature of sega about the most recent version of the franchise. Sometimes a company will just wait on a release for a while if a version of the game isn't very well received with the hopes that people kind of forget or the sting of the last release isn't so potent anymore. Then when they're ready to release a new game, if they want to radically change things up they have the freedom to do it because people who haven't been playing the game will forget the last release.

TL;DR The no mention of VF6 for all these years could signal they're going to reboot the franchise when it does come back somehow.

emperorshadox likes this.
  16. emperorshadox

emperorshadox Well-Known Member

PSN:
    emperorshadox
    XBL:
    MasterOshokhai
    I play Tekken 7 and DOA5: LR (By the way DOA6 looks incredible).

Even in 2018, NOTHING compares to final showdown. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

No fighting game is as deep. Which is rather scary because it simply means when VF6 comes out (and it surely will), it would be 10 years ahead of everything else.

No projectiles, No demons, No Dragons, No werewolves, No supers, No rage drives, No rage arts, just plain combat SKILLS!

Add me on XBL (MasterOshokhai) if you want to go to war.

WolfKing likes this.
  17. emperorshadox

emperorshadox Well-Known Member

PSN:
    emperorshadox
    XBL:
    MasterOshokhai
    I hope the re-boot does not include all the new nonsensical mechanics included in most fighting games today (rage arts, supers, e.t.c.).

I'm happy with the staggers. More than sufficient.

They need to bring back the fight commentaries. Truly a unique feature.

18. def

def Well-Known Member

Wait, VF is being re-booted?!! They better keep the same fighters.

19. joanot

joanot Well-Known Member

PSN:
    joanot
    XBL:
    joanovic
    AFAWK The only thing being re-booted is our hopes : /

[​IMG]

Seeing an arcade stick on AM2s offices is the only ray of hope I have left..lmao yeah I know...better that than losing all hope ; p

BTW the picture is from an interview with Hideki Tanaka ( who worked on VF & Diva ) .

You can check the interviews with some Sega arcade division devs here ( there are 3 VF related interviews: Makoto Osaki, Hiroshi Kataoka & Hideki Tanaka):

https://sega-interactive.co.jp/special/

I wonder what the hell Daichi Katagiri has been doing since VF5FS, this guy was so talented.

Myke and Tricky like this.
  20. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

What is this reboot rumour? Is that legit?

If it's reboot like sf4 or mk9 why not. Wouldn't make sens that they replace characters unless they will also change the name of the game, so basically it will be new ip.

Anyway for me Shun is all i need in next VF and better be in reboot or not. I miss my boy so bad :( #Shun4life

But as I said before if sega are already working on new vf this will likely be for next gen. There's already talks about ps5 and next Xbox and just like vf4 and vf5 it will make sens they release vf6 with next gen launch, all I hope then is they'll support console better than how they did in the past.