1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6

Discussion in 'General' started by EvenPit, Oct 28, 2012.

1. faster 10 lightning

faster 10 lightning Well-Known Member

this is a new trademark, not the old one renewed in 2016 for Yakuza 6, this is the interesting part.
    Like you guys report on the site, it include also more categories.

It can't be just for Akira character trophy in Super Smash Bros.

2. Autobotdan

Autobotdan Well-Known Member

3. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    I'm getting a bit tired of Sega thinking that we are hype for VF characters being cameos in other fighting games.

If anything, it's a constant reminder my growing disdain for Sega. Sure I love some of their other IPs, but stop throwing VF characters in my face with no plans to bring a new one.

4. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Read the earlier posts in this thread.

Shinobi likes this.
  5. Thesch28

Thesch28 Well-Known Member

Some dude from SEGA denied the existence of a Sonic Racing Game being in development by Sumo a few months ago when the information was leaked and guess what.... They lied.
    I don't think SEGA Europe would reveal any information if the knew something about a VF6 being in development..
    Personally i don't think we are gonna see anything VF related besides cameos in other games this years but i hope i'm wrong.

6. emperorshadox

emperorshadox Well-Known Member

PSN:
    emperorshadox
    XBL:
    MasterOshokhai
    Yes! I am doing well and how about you ?

WolfKing likes this.
  7. Autobotdan

Sad that Shenmue is now fully alive but VF is not

WolfKing likes this.
  8. Autobotdan

You and me both =( getting tired of seeing VF cameos in all kinds of games but no VF6 pictures

ToyDingo likes this.
  9. WolfKing

WolfKing Well-Known Member

PSN:
    HotRod666
    All is well here south of the border too ha ha

emperorshadox likes this.
  10. Dragonps

Dragonps Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    Lots of talk about what VF6 should be and if it should include things like story mode etc.

I have to say I don't think story mode is a good idea and I think the funds that would have been spent on it could be better spent elsewhere. I'd like to create a survey to see just how many fighting game fans (both hardcore and casual) actually sit through the story mode and actually enjoy it.

I personally am not a fan of a story mode where I have to play as every character, I like to play as my favourite and some characters I'll probably never really touch.

I much prefer the idea of an arcade mode with 2 short cutscenes per character and an ending movie that uses the in game engine. Maybe alternate cutscenes if you win in a different way for example.

I'm just not convinced that every fighting game fan wants or even needs story mode, and I feel it would be a waste of resources.

PurpGuy likes this.
  11. def

def Well-Known Member

They could have an anime style cutscenes or use manga comic panels as a way of telling the story.

Other ideas:
    - Intro Item poses (like the Winning item poses)
    -Flash hit points (a bright flash for every hit based on the part of body the impact is, can be a customization item)
    -Breakable floors (Create cracks in floors and walls too, and the more cracks are made, a hole is made in the floor providing another way for a ring out. And breaking a glass wall is another example after too many cracks are made.
    -

emperorshadox likes this.
  12. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

No flash lights lol !

What would be sick in VF, it's to make a big finish move animation at the last round (maybe with some skill execution, only in combo and at 60% lifebar of the last round) to reward a big fight but if you miss you're dead !

Just like in the anime...

The big technic for the end of the match and saying the name of his kung fu move at the same time, with different camera angle.

Damn !

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  13. def

def Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that count as a super move? Maybe adding Tekken 7's slo mo attacks when things get tense. I know it's cool to see when playing Tekken 7 and to me adds suspense, there were even times no attacks hit anyone.

Story ideas:
    -Akira has a feud with Brad. Knowing he's a ladies man, thinks he's some pervert, and Akira wants to protect Aoi from him.
    -Lion fights Jean trying to get him to remember they were childhood friends and gets some sense out of him (similar to when Jacky fights Sarah to get her to come to her senses)
    -Sarah gets recaptured after trying to infiltrate J6 and has to fight for her freedom. Jacky obviously pursues her and to try to tackle J6 himself.
    -Pai fights Lei Fei to save her father, Lau from him.

I think 2 "NEW" characters are Kage's mom, returned to human form and Siba, who's working for J6, and Siba is tasked with trying to take back Kage's mom.
    Thoughts?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    Sonic The Fighters likes this.
  14. Sonic The Fighters

lol very good imagination !

btw i liked the anime story and J6 + Dural stuff.

15. def

def Well-Known Member

Thank you. Question: Wouldn't anime cutscenes be cheaper to produce than in game engine cutscenes. I admit I would want the latter over the former.
    Also any idea when a potential announcement for Battle Genesis is? I'm guessing Jan with that event, I forget what it's called.

Sonic The Fighters likes this.
  16. Sonic The Fighters

I don't know but i think very good animations in animes are expansive too.

17. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Happy 4 year (and two week) anniversary to this thread. Wow, they said we'd never make it but we proved them wrong! Here's to another 4 years?!

SSfox, WolfKing, PurpGuy and 8 others like this.
  18. PurpGuy

PurpGuy Well-Known Member

XBL:
    PurpGuy
    I'd settle for Fighters Megamix 2 ^_^

19. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Fighters Megamix 2 would be a fun game to see, even if it was just the VF5FS engine with a big mish-mash of characters.

Talchild and PurpGuy like this.
  20. Talchild

Talchild Member

PSN:
    KidKingdom
    I'd love that. It'd be a chance to bring back the Fighting Viper characters. Throw in some Yakuza characters too. Heck, maybe even Bayonetta or some Persona/SMT characters. It'd allow the VF characters to stay true to their more grounded selves, while still allowing for some more over the top and flashy action via the other characters, which could possibly draw in more casual eyes especially at tournaments.

I'd honestly settle for ports/remasters of the full Sega AM 2 fighting catalog with online play. In a bundle preferably, but I'd willingly shell out for each one individually if that's what it came down to.

PurpGuy likes this.