1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6

Discussion in 'General' started by EvenPit, Oct 28, 2012.

1. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

I basically would like to see a true 3d fg fist and feet with great gameplay. Even Tekken doesn't fit this category anymore. I hope VF will never follow the T7 roots and it will show Harada that you can still evolve a pure 3d martial arts FG without bullshitting it with ugly shoto magic item moves weapons and cie.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    emperorshadox, Technocrow and PurpGuy like this.
  2. faster 10 lightning

faster 10 lightning Well-Known Member

Even with the VF5 engine It would be a dream come true.

As long as they throw in the best Sega characters, from Sonic to Shenmue, some Yakuza characters, even Last Bronx, Rent a Hero, Sakura Taisen, even the dragon from Panzer Dragoon, and of course the fan favourite, the Daytona car.

It would be great while we wait for a proper (and needed) fighting games revolution with Virtua Fighter 6 with new engine etc.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    PurpGuy likes this.
  3. def

def Well-Known Member

I was thinking before, if VF Battle Genesis has an announcement planned for the Game Awards Dec 6th? I think it's supposed to have more planned announcements than previous years. There are rumors of a new Alien game (possibly sequel to Alien Isolation) and Parasite Eve title (A trademark was renewed in Europe). Sorry to go off topic. Either way, it was something that crossed my mind about VF trademark and upcoming Game Awards.

Talchild and PurpGuy like this.
  4. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

Virtua Fighter 6 please quick !!!!!!!

Now SoulCalibur 6 joins the long list of the average fighting games...

emperorshadox and PurpGuy like this.
  5. Talchild

Talchild Member

PSN:
    KidKingdom
    I really think this is the best time. With the coming release of Dead or Alive 6, VF will be the only one of the 4 big 3D fighting games to not see a new game. Tekken 7 is doing very well, and Soul Calibur VI had a solid launch. This really seems like the best time to give us a new Virtua Fighter.

Sonic The Fighters and PurpGuy like this.
  6. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

As I open up the ancient text written by the prophet blackstar it reads, “20-20.”

My Rosetta Stone isn’t up to par, but somehow deep within I feel a great truth trying to reveal itself.

What does these numbers mean?

Ggs 2018..

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    Sonic The Fighters and PurpGuy like this.
  7. Sonic The Fighters

and if no VF6 after 20 20, what happens ?

PurpGuy likes this.
  8. PurpGuy

PurpGuy Well-Known Member

XBL:
    PurpGuy
    In that case, the 20-20 refers to Sega's hindsight and the consideration that they should have made it.

9. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

As we know, 2020 is the hard cut off date for Sega to ever develop any new video games.

MarlyJay likes this.
  10. MadeManG74

Worth noting he recently tweeted about meeting with the head of Sega too.
    Now the trademark renewal...

emperorshadox and Shinobi like this.
  11. Sonic The Fighters

VF6 announcement at EVO Japan 2019 !

12. MadeManG74

13. Shinobi

Shinobi Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
    So, my dear Watson, the only clues we have right now, are:

• MarkMan had a chat with the President and CEO of SEGA
    • MarkMan is also in charge of business development for Evo
    • SEGA Europe said that there isn't anything in the pipeline for VF6, at present
    • SEGA filed to renew the existing trademark for Virtua Fighter, along with a new trademark for a title called "Battle Genesis"
    • MarkMan said that the year isn’t over yet and we should expect the unexpected
    • 2018 marks the 25th Anniversary of Virtua Fighter

14. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

So what ur saying is they are going to add Akira and Jacky to the new sonic racing game?

Technocrow, Ellis, Shinobi and 3 others like this.
  15. Dragonps

Dragonps Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    He could be referring to the rumoured Powerstone game, I'll keep telling myself that so that I don't get disappointed later.

16. Jacko

Jacko Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JackoRCB
    Ya'll do realize that Markman visiting Sega could mean he was there to propose which guest character they could include in Tekken next? Their meeting probably went something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JeASqIaDvI

17. MadeManG74

18. def

def Well-Known Member

When is the most likely event anything VF related could be announced. Evo, right? Is that next month or Feb? Also if it helps add fuel to any possibilities of a revival or even a port, Pazer Dragoon 1 and 2 are getting an HD release, not sure what systems they will be released on.
    EDIT: here's a link: https://www.polygon.com/2018/12/10/...emake-sega-release-date-forever-entertainment

So Streets of Rage 4, Pazer Dragoon 1 and 2 HD, Shemnue 1 and 2 HD followed by 3. Hope VF is next. :)

PurpGuy and Sonic The Fighters like this.
  19. Sonic The Fighters

I hope that is the good one right now.

Maybe he will commentate VF6 for SEGA.

I can't wait to see how look a VF from nowadays !

VF6 announcement would be so hype...

PurpGuy likes this.
  20. MadeManG74

It doesn't need to be at an event. PD remakes weren't at an event.

PurpGuy likes this.