1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6

Discussion in 'General' started by EvenPit, Oct 28, 2012.

1. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Yes it was after MKX.
    Although it seems he was talking about GranBlue now.

SSfox likes this.
  2. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

Hhhhhh ok i see lol. Still hoping for VF6 and also think it may happen, the real question is when. Sega please!!!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  3. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

Do you guys believe or think VF6 is RIGHT NOW in development, or Absolutely nothing is going on and Sega are just as usual making their some others random lowtier games?

4. MadeManG74

Sega has been making great games lately, don't pretend they aren't.

And yes, I think VF6 is in development at this point.

5. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

You're right, i love Yakuza myself, and i'm too hype about SOR4 (SOR is one of my all time favorites franchise)

Well nice, i also think there's something going on about VF6 in Sega right now, like at least if not in developpement there's some discussion about the game, i think.

6. MadeManG74

I agree, Sega doesn't renew trademarks without working on something new, if they did we would have seen trademarks renewed for all the bonus games in Yakuza, all the Sega Ages series etc, but we didn't.

SSfox likes this.
  7. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

It is possible, that sega might have been secretly developing
    VF6, for a good while now. Maybe they don't want to say anything
    yet, because it could put pressure, on the development team.

I work in gamedev, so I know that feeling.

And to make matters more interesting, VF is not an ordinary type,
    generic level, Evo style fighting game franchise. There is alot of prestige
    behind VF, so that is an extra added bonus pressure, for the dev team too.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    def, MadeManG74 and SSfox like this.
  8. def

def Well-Known Member

I hope if this is true, and when they announce it, it won't be too long of a wait for consoles. I know Dead or Alive 3 and 4 skipped arcades, and 5 went to arcades AFTER the console release.

beanboy and SSfox like this.
  9. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Been playin VF4 EVO and VF4 Kumite all day they are totally still fun. And for some reason the AI feels a little more difficult than what we face in VF5FS at least IMO.

Let's make VF6 easy on Sega.

All Sega needs to do is make sure that all the characters that are in VF5FS are added to a remastered VF4 Evo, add the license mode and online mode from VF5FS and Kumite mode from VF4 and call the thing VF6 and be done with it once and for all :LOL:

No need to add new characters.
    No need to add new animations

If Sega feels the need to nickel-n-dime the players then Sega can do that through
    Season passes for customizations and new stages.

Ares-olimpico likes this.
  10. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Considering the resurgence of VF3's popularity in Japan, it'd be awesome if they ported VF3TB to modern consoles (and PCs) and allow from playing across platforms. There's already a consistent number of VF2 players online, I bet Sega would make a bit of bank capitalizing off of more old dude nostalgia.

Lygophilia and adamYUKI like this.
  11. MadeManG74

Agree! I would adore a collection of the old VF games and Final Showdown. It was just recently someone asked me to bring VF4Evo to a meetup and I realised how much of a pain in the ass it is because it's PS2 so I'll need to bring sticks, old console and even a converter to play it on the standard LED screens.
    Not to mention VF1 and VF3 still don't have any good ports like VF2 does!

SSfox and Sebo like this.
  12. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Shiiiit, I wanna have 10th Anniversary edition. OR make it 26th, give all the new characters VF1 models and get rid of the evades... that would be awesomely stupid.

13. Someone tried to play the virtual fighter in the game Yakuza 6 on ps4, how is he there? Is it possible to play or is it better to buy ps3?

p.s sorry for offtop

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  14. def

def Well-Known Member

I was thinking of an idea for future fighting games. You know the ground evading roll, ukemi I think it's called? How about a wall version while the fighters on their feet? When getting cornered or their back is against a wall, they can do some sort of spin/twirl to try to move away from the wall. Thoughts?

VF5FS in Yakuza 6 is an arcade only version. No customization, no online. only new thing is an arcade intro when booting up the game.

beanboy likes this.
  15. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Dude, good idea. I was thinking about something like that, since last year.:D

16. MadeManG74

Would it just be a visual flair for doing a DM/OM from the same position?

17. def

def Well-Known Member

I don't understand what that means? Think the roll evade (Ukemi?) but on against a wall when the fighter is on his/her feet.

18. MadeManG74

If you get hit against a wall you mean?

19. def

def Well-Known Member

yes

20. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

If i understand well what you're talking about, then Tekken 4 has done something like that, but maybe the concept wasn't implemented in the best way in that game, always wised they would push it more further but Namco simply removed this concept and has never been seen before since then.

Imo 3D fighting games had hard time to improve themselves in those last years (even tho i really like SC6), most of the new stuff they make are mostly inspirations from 2D fighting games, and that's why you see a game like Tekken 7 adding characters like Eliza, Noctis, Akuma or Geese. I hope VF will surprise people and show the light and the true direction to follow for 3D fighting games