1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6

Discussion in 'General' started by EvenPit, Oct 28, 2012.

1. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

I wouldn't like that personally, as I think you need some areas where you can get guaranteed damage. If you get a wall hit, I like the reward of getting the combo. Not saying it can't work, and if it's an original game you're talking about, I think it'd be good!

2. def

def Well-Known Member

Does anyone know when Japan Evo 2019 is? It's soon right?

emperorshadox likes this.
  3. MadeManG74

4. Thesch28

Thesch28 Well-Known Member

I wonder how VF6 would be if it was a sequel to VF3/tb.... Uneven stages for VF6! Newer games work with hitboxes so i don't think move strings missing would be a problem anymore, i think there are enough VF2 Sequels like games for now.

5. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    That would be cool if they whittle down the movelists/stances/sideturned stuff and reduce the combo length. Cause I would hate to have to compile the combos for 20-hit-multi-bound-combos that change based on the percent of incline/decline. That and maybe bring back the E button but make it optional (like you can do [6][E] for dash, but it's identical to [6][6]) and fuck ECDC.

Thesch28 likes this.
  6. Citrus

Citrus Well-Known Member

I thought Jump fest was a probable date because Sega used to announce games there, even non Jump related, but they didn't hold a panel last year.

Next stop, JAEPO? Let's pray my brothers!

7. MadeManG74

It's possible. I just want a port first.

8. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Folks, realize this!!! You can not please all the people all the time. VF5FS is as close to perfection as we're going to get under the current fan base (some future fan base might have different preferences). Any significant changes would probably do more harm than good from the perspective of the current fan base. Sega would be doing us a service to simply make a definitive edition VF by including VF5FS Online code, Underground Tournaments (VF4 EVO), AI Mode, VF4, and all the modes from VF5FS in one Definitive Edition, and call it Virtua Fighter the Definitive Edition and simply make it available every time there is a new console and just leave it at that. Totally get rid of the version naming VF5, VF6, VF7, blah, blah, Just name it Virtua Fighter the Definitive Edition. That's what you do when you've for all intentional purposes perfected your product (as much as you can).

They don't need to change a damn thing, just make one big VF out of VF4, VF4 Evolution, VF5FS. Port it to new consoles whenever they come out and call it a day. And maybe just maybe once every 5 years add a couple of new characters;)

And face it, the size of the VF community is the size of the VF community. A new version will create a few new players and some minor hype for the first 3 to 6 months, and then we'll be back to the same community that we now have but now bitchin about when is VF 7 coming out :LOL:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    Ares-olimpico, Missing_nin and Mister like this.
  9. Missing_nin

Missing_nin Member

Strongly agree with @masterpo , I think that VF5FS as it is, with a lot of game modes added, like those of VF4, and two new characters, would be the best game. A new VF at this time would surely bring playable add-ons that simplify the game or add energy bars and the like, which would be terrible. I imagine that VF5FS can be improved, but I think it's already one of the best games I've played and surely a new installment of the saga will get worse ...

10. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk

Yea the balance, the engine, the animations, of VF5FS should all be considered the definitive edition. AM2 could simply polish up the AI mode from VF4, the Underground Tournaments from VF4 Evolution, the Quest Mode from VF5 and the modes from VF5FS. Put them all in version of the game and call it

Virtua Fighter the Definitive Edition

Leave it that. Release one for every future console and the P.C and be done with it. It would sell , sell, sell on a regular basis.

Ares-olimpico likes this.
  11. MadeManG74

I'd have been happy with just a collection of every title on pc and console.

masterpo likes this.
  12. Shinobi

Shinobi Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
  13. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

14. MadeManG74

I just hope that we're making enough of a splash in tournaments with the current games that people realise we're still out there and playing. To do that, we really need to VF5FS on more platforms so we can keep the scene burning in the meantime.

Still, fingers crossed for SOMETHING at Sega Fes.

Tricky likes this.
  15. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

At this point we are in the state Melee was in during the Nintendo Wii days. Luckily we don't have to carry CRT TV's around.

Missing_nin likes this.
  16. MadeManG74

Yeah it's really tough. Game is too new to emulate, too old to be standard hardware for console/controller.

I'm personally hoping that 'Battle Genesis' is a collection with all the games to be released on all consoles to get everyone appreciating VF again, THEN they drop a sequel on us.

Tricky likes this.
  17. Dragonps

Dragonps Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    I like this idea, how cool would it be to finally have an arcade port of 4FT. Actually how about the collection contains every VF game and you get to choose which version you play?

That trademark meant something and they've kept it close to their chest for the time being but Sega Fes is all about celebrating what makes Sega great so...

18. MadeManG74

Pretty much what I envisioned, just have every possible version of the game on a disc, with online play similar to Street Fighter 30th, where you can make a room then change games each match if you wish. Just allow online play for everything and training mode for at least the final iteration for each game.

Then just dump every piece of concept art and OST blah blah stuff you can and make it all unlockable for the single player fiends.

19. Citrus

Citrus Well-Known Member

If there is a VF6 we should hear about something in the following days, Sega Fes is not far.

20. MadeManG74

Sega Fes is March 30-31, so we got a bit of time to go.

beanboy and Citrus like this.