1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter Anime Discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by Shensun, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Shensun

Shensun Active Member

[​IMG]

I've just started the Virtua Fighter anime and I'm really enjoying it, especially the 90s animation style.

I thought it would be cool to have a thread dedicated to everything VF anime related

Whats your thoughts on the anime? No spoilers

Also, it seems like the remaining episodes are being translated (25 - 35)

[​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/LETxMYxNUTZxGO/status/1384392020060483584?s=20

Virtua Fighter Anime Trailer

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
  2. gido

gido Well-Known Member

I thinks its fantastic! I love 90s anime so I automatically gravitated towards it..

Which is so mind-boggling because anime Akira is sooo much better than in-game Akira. He actually has a charming personality, he has a backstory, he has goals, things the game is missing to portray its characters. Sure he's cliche guy but as someone who is the main center of your gaming franchise, you gotta make him likeable and more human. He cant just be the guy that everybody just wants to say his favorite line:

Everybody: "Say the line Akira.."
    Akira: *sigh* "juunen haiyan dayo"
    Everybody: "Yayy!!"

But seriously back on topic...the anime is great. I stopped watching it because Ive been catching up on other stuff, but I think I'm almost done with the 1st season and I enjoyed every episode so far.

3. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

I still haven't watched all of the anime.
    All I remember is Kage's magic sack and Akira beating Wolf.:p

4. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Remember to watch Kage's magic sack.:p

5. def

def Well-Known Member

I've seen bits of the anime, I know it's loosely based of the game. Sarah is 16 as opposed to being 20 to 24. I know the little story we get from the game manuals, it does imply the Bryants are wealthy. Such as when Vanessa woke up in the Bryant home after being experimented on by J6. At least that's how I interpreted it.

6. Swevicus

Swevicus Active Member

I think it could have told its story in about 8 parts instead of 24. Furthermore, for those wondering about the second season, it ends on a cliffhanger which was going to be resolved in a planned (but ultimately scrapped) third season.