1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter Anime

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Oct 4, 1999.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

By chance, does anyone here know where I can get a copy of the Virtua Fighter anime?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

try going here...

go to this link <a href=http://www.ex.org/2.1/16-virtuafighter.html>VF anime cartoon</a>
    i got it from my own trusty old, and i do mean old, vf links page at angelfire.com/ia/PyroGuy/vflinks.html
    i dunno if u can actually buy it from them or if they just have info but u can prob mail and ask them

3. KAGE2000

KAGE2000 Member

Thanks

Thats for trying to help. If anyone is interested I was reading an anime magazine and Virtua Fighter the anime might be brought to the US soon by an offical sub/dub company. Oh and If anyone knows, someone I know said when a character does a moves or combo in the anime they will go bback and teach it to you in the game, what I am wondering isa if this is true or not.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: Thanks

This is a bit unrelated...
    But, I have an original cell, as well as sketch, from the VF anime.
    My girlfriend bought it off of Ebay for me, for literally a couple of dollars, while doing a search for Virtua Fighter. It is from the scene where Akira won a tournament or fight, and everyone is crowding around him congratulating him.

I have it framed on my wall :) Though I have still never actually SEEN the anime.

Jim C.
    Editor in Chief
    www.gaming-age.com

5. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Re: Thanks

Actually, once per episode, they highlight a signature move for a certain character and give the background on the mechanics of the move, such as development in past for certain purposes. The best is the last eposiode where they give a detail account of how akira SPoDs Dural, and why the SPoD is better than the Tetsuzanko.

SPoD = 82 damage, but (at the time of anime release) uncounterable
    Tetsuzanko (b,f,f+P+K, i.e. Iron Mountain or Body Check) = up to 80 damage+MC damage mods, but (at the time of anime release) could be thrown out of it or blocked and countered.