1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

virtua fighter archive

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Mr. Bungle, May 18, 2001.

1. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

I ONCE WROTE A LONG TIME AGO IN ANOTHER THREAD ON THE SAME SUBJECT:

> it's 425 MB big now and getting bigger.

ha, how things change...

archive update:

my initial figures given in the other thread were off. here they are as of 5/18/01:

total size: 1.72 gb

text: ~13 mb for ~300 items; conversations/posts, guides, faqs - all the old ones, with many new or previously unreleased guides and info

images: 536 mb for ~2100 items; cg portraits, gold disk portraits, arcade flyers, screenshots, alpha/beta shots, "people" section with snapshots of many of you fugly bastiges (send in more!)

sound: 326 mb for ~230 items; arcade vf1/2/3 and sega saturn vf1/2/k soundtracks, vf3 on the vocal, midis, vf voice samples

movies: 870 mb for ~310 items

web: 17 mb of archived web pages

with one more disk full of goodies from a contributor on its way, and some final additions and cleaning up, and it'll be ready for it's initial release. so, pretty soon now.

howEVER..

i don't have the resources to meet the (even small) demand for this, so i suggest a chain distribution. i'll send a few copies out and then the people who recieve it can copy and send from there.

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

ME WANT THE ARCHIVE DISC~!~!

When u're ready...pvt msg me and I'll send u my address n details~

<font color=red>~~~SummErs' 'enemy SPODED, enemy DOWN~~~'

3. Mr. Bungle

it's ready

finished the damn thing - at least as far as it being ready for initial release.

2.1 GB of stuff. four CD-R's.

i will make two copies. at this time this is all i am prepared to copy and send, because i am exceedingly poor and don't want to be an asshole by offering copies and not being able to send anyone anything.

i suggest a chain distribution. who here a) wants this archive and b) will be able to to handle making at least a few copies and sending it to someone else who wants it? and hopefully, those others that do want it can make copies.

lemme know...

4. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

Re: it's ready

i want them, but making copies for others....only
    for my buds here in nyc as i have even less money
    than anyone on this board :)

<font color=red>nAndato</font color=red>

--proud member of CvfC--

[​IMG]

5. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I would definitely love a copy.... but I don't have the credibility to back up sending it out...

Wish someone had at least 700MB of webspace to post an ISO/versus/images/icons/smile.gif If you want to place your bet on me, I definitely would plan to send the darn thing out... But I haven't quite proven my reliably yet (despite how certain I could send out about 4 or of these things within a few days of receiving it). If you wanna place that bet, I'm willing to WILL DO & DO IT/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

6. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

Fantastic job, i hope we people in europe have got a chance to get a copy of this archieve.........it would be fantastic

cya

7. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

I will host it, send me the CD's :) I have 3 gigs of space :)

18956 Grotto Lane
    Germantown, MD 20874

- The VF Student -

8. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

I can make 2-3 copies for euro folks.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I haven't got a CD Drive to make copies but i think that one of my VF-Friends will be able to make 2 or 3 copies for europe

cya

10. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

i would be very grateful and pleased to own a copy.
    how about it, glc?

11. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I would love a copy of the archives!!!!!!!

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

12. Guest

Guest Guest

I have the means to mass produce the CDs. I can burn and send out (postal) as many as necessary. Gimme an email if I can help.

tuyrf@yahoo.com

13. Mr. Bungle

THOSE THAT WANT A COPY OF THE VFA - READ

Either post, private msg or email (scumchop@hotmail.com) your name and address to me.

Stay tuned for more info.

14. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

in reply to the news post:

are the beat tribe tapes the team battle japanese tourney matches?
    how many tournament play (of any nationality) clips are on the archive?

15. Mr. Bungle

Re: in reply to the news post:

beat tribe - japanese vf3tb tournament (played in OB 1on1 mode, though). there are 23 clips in the vfa. there are 24 clips of the 1995 moat in the vfa. there is also the last round of the java tea, some of chibita's rounds in the java tea, the last round of the vancouver 1997 tournament, some random clips of various gatherings, and a few vf3 max battle clips.

16. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

This is my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong):

Beat Tribe Cup is the continuation of Athena Cup which were a series of tournaments. As far as the Beat Tribe Cup (BTC) is concerned, it's run by a specific arcade (or maybe it was a joint-effort of various arcades?). Generally assumed to be a VF tournament, I think. But there are also BT tournaments for Soul Calibur, Guilty Gear X, Third Strike, and Alpha 3 I believe.

VF tournament is team battle played on OB mode (TB machine). Team Battle meaning that the participants play in teams against each other, each person in the team using their representative character. Player to player battles are in matches (not single round) I don't know the specific rules, but if you can read Japanese or wanna go through deciphering a translation, <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.beat-tribe.com>Beat-Tribe Page</A>. VF section is known as VFR (VF Relation I think).

The clips that were posted on "that one Japanese site" (originally brought to light on this forum by SpodMePls in Vancouver *thanks*, then I started updating the forum whenever a new clip was rotated) were from BTC2 back in October I believe. The clips that Shota posted earlier were from the first BTC which was January 2000 (and is currently available on two tapes). My understanding is that a BTC2 tape set is in the works also/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

The 3rd BTC will happen next month on July 29th, I believe. Man.... if I wasn't working and going to school around then, I probably would fly to Japan just to watch it in person.

If you're interested in the history of BTC and Athena Cup, check out <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.beat-tribe.com/vfr/btcup/history/index.html>History of Athena Cup/Beat Tribe Cup</A>. If you can't read Japanese, try a translator (E-lingo seems dead, I gotta go look for that link for the altavista one or whatever it was).

Oh yeah, going back to the clips, I believe there are 20 clips from BTC2 (there's also an extra clip in there which looks like it came from elsewhere). One of the clips doesn't have gameplay, but gives you an idea of what the tournament hall looked like at BTC2. Keep in mind it was only last year too.

-Chanchai

P.S. Found the altavista translation page (ran a search in the forum). Thanks Vicks for posting this earlier: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://babelfish.altavista.com>babelfish.altavista.com</A>
    Doh, putting a link for a translated page doesn't quite work, so if you wanted to see it, just run the darn thing through the babelfish site/versus/images/icons/smile.gif<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Chanchai on 06/20/01 00:36 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

17. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

cheers bungle, chanchai

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes!!

please send Vf power in Europe...we will share it with newbies!
    This archive allow us to show Vf deep to all gamers ^^

19. Jacky_X

Jacky_X Member

Will this cost anything?